The Death of Darwinism

The Death of Darwinism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"That is dishonest and immediately disqualifies you in any serious scientific debate."

Good post Hess. I will take it that you aren't necessarily directing the above statement at me. I couldn't "qualify" to debate the first thing scientifically. I've never tried.

But that debate is far from concluded. Science hasn't even begun to prove scientif ...[text shortened]... It's not a delusion. Do you think I would deliberately make myself look like a fool for nothing?[/b]
Creation REQUIRES a deity interested enough to keep tweeking life forms. Tell me just why would it WANT to do that? Also, it would have to keep up that work on millions of other planets with life forms or else evolution would take over as soon as said deity stopped mucking around.

I say a deity would not WANT to spend so much effort and keep hands on like that for billions of years and it is the arrogance of mankind that would just make up a story like that which in the eyes of the religious set boosts their place in the universe, a god loves them so much it raises them up and so forth.

So why after all this tweeking do we have 3 year old's with cancer of the vagina or born without brains? Doesn't look to me like your deity is doing a very good job at this manipulative evolution thing.

Your deity is slipping behind schedule here, it needs help and human science is going to step in and fix things so 3 year old's won't get cancer and old age doesn't mean the end of consciousness in dementia.

We are sick and tired of this mishandling of our evolution and we are going to take things in our own hands and fix all these problems and it will no doubt take a couple hundred years of continuous effort but we will beat the work of your so-called god at its own game.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Nov 14

And I don't care what kind of idiot I look like saying so. I know it's true.
You don't look like an idiot for saying you have faith, you look like an idiot because you first admit you don't understand science, and then you make grand pronouncements about science. You don't seem to even know what evolution is, yet you make claims about it.
Evolution is not a true / false statement. To pronounce:
Science hasn't even begun to prove scientifically that evolution is true.

is what makes you look like an idiot.
Its as stupid as saying:
"Science has hasn't even begun to prove scientifically that physics is true."

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 14

Ok. Tell me direct.

Are you absolutely confident that science has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that the universe wasn't created, and that all biological life forms exist solely by chance through a process called evolution?

Moves
01 Nov 14

Ok. Tell me direct.

Are you absolutely confident that science has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that the universe wasn't created, and that all biological life forms exist solely by chance through a process called evolution?
Scientists have no knowledge of what preceeded the big bang, so no one can claim absolute certainty about its creation, or if it was created. Evolution doesn't work solely by chance. And yes, science have shown that the only working explanation we have for the variety of life is evolution. Creationism doesn't even come close, scientifically speaking.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Nov 14
1 edit

Ok. Tell me direct.

No.

Now tell me direct. Is that what you thought the word 'evolution' means?

If so, then that is what makes you look like an idiot. Not the fact that you don't know what the word means, but rather the fact that you make pronouncements about something that you clearly know nothing about.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
No.

If so, then [b]that
is what makes you look like an idiot. Not the fact that you don't know what the word means, but rather the fact that you make pronouncements about something that you clearly know nothing about.[/b]
Just like RJ Hinds.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Creation REQUIRES a deity interested enough to keep tweeking life forms. Tell me just why would it WANT to do that? Also, it would have to keep up that work on millions of other planets with life forms or else evolution would take over as soon as said deity stopped mucking around.

I say a deity would not WANT to spend so much effort and keep hands on lik ...[text shortened]... red years of continuous effort but we will beat the work of your so-called god at its own game.
`
After all this time and you still don't understand creation. God is not tweaking his creation now. All the tweaking took place within the 6 days about 6,000 years ago. We were made to take care of the life on earth, but we failed at that job. God is too busy with other things to still be tweaking all his creations and preventing them from getting cancer. That is what we were supposed to do.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Nov 14

Ok. Tell me direct.

If you will remember that "Evolution" is just a magic word like "Abracadabra" that the stupid people use to make themselves sound smart, then you will be okay. When they don't understand something in science they just say "Evolution" and it magically makes their stupidity seem smart to other stupid people like them. 😏

Abracadabra

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Scientists have no knowledge of what preceeded the big bang, so no one can claim absolute certainty about its creation, or if it was created. Evolution doesn't work solely by chance. And yes, science have shown that the only working explanation we have for the variety of life is evolution. Creationism doesn't even come close, scientifically speaking.
"Creationism doesn't even come close, scientifically speaking."

Creationism doesn't come close to explaining how everything came into existence? Is that what you're saying?

"Scientists have no knowledge of what preceeded the big bang, so no one can claim absolute certainty about its creation,.."

Can't you see how obtuse that is? Because science has no knowledge about what was before the existence of the universe, then that means no one knows how it came into existence?

A bold claim to make. Science hasn't proven that evolution is true, yet you believe the claim that it is true.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
No.

If so, then [b]that
is what makes you look like an idiot. Not the fact that you don't know what the word means, but rather the fact that you make pronouncements about something that you clearly know nothing about.[/b]
Keep trying twhitehead. I don't need you to try and make me look like an idiot. I can do that all by myself.

I know what evolution means. You make yourself look like an idiot suggesting I don't.

Science cannot explain how life began, and evolution is a myth created by those who use science to explain away the obvious truth of creation. Evolution is an illusion.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 14

I take it you all are not confident that science can explain how anything came into existence or even that evolution is true.

That's what I'm hearing.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Nov 14

Keep trying twhitehead. I don't need you to try and make me look like an idiot. I can do that all by myself.
Yes, that is what I said.

I know what evolution means.
You clearly do not.

Science cannot explain how life began, and evolution is a myth created by those who use science to explain away the obvious truth of creation.
Not even remotely true.

Evolution is an illusion.
Once again, a pronouncement on a word you don't know the meaning of.
Is it really so hard to use Wikipedia?
It is free you know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 14

The genome could not have arisen through naturalistic processes and, therefore, Darwin's theory absolutely breaks down.

Understanding Intelligent Design

16 Nearly Impossible Issues for Evolutionists to Answer

Moves
02 Nov 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
If you will remember that "Evolution" is just a magic word like "Abracadabra" that the stupid people use to make themselves sound smart, then you will be okay.
No, then you will be ignorant about what the theory of evolution is. Ignorance is not a very useful trait when you want to appear smart.

Moves
02 Nov 14

[b]"Creationism doesn't even come close, scientifically speaking."

Creationism doesn't come close to explaining how everything came into existence? Is that what you're saying?

"Scientists have no knowledge of what preceeded the big bang, so no one can claim absolute certainty about its creation,.."

Can't you see how obtuse that is? Becaus ...[text shortened]... o make. Science hasn't proven that evolution is true, yet you believe the claim that it is true.[/b]
I'm saying that, scientifically speaking, creationism doesn't even come close to explaining how everything came into existence. Creationism isn't science, is another way to put it.

Again, there is no scientific way to currently know how the world was created, or if it was created. We can hypothesise on the topic, but those hypotheses can't be directly tested (at this point in time), so no one knows with scientific certainty how the world was created, or if it was created.

Science has demonstrated time and again that evolution is the best explanation for the biological diversity we see today, so no, it's not something we take on blind faith.