The Death of Darwinism

The Death of Darwinism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
If what you cannot understand is shyte then so be it.
I understand that the theory of evolution is nonsense. So be it. 😏

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
I'm saying that, scientifically speaking, creationism doesn't even come close to explaining how everything came into existence. Creationism isn't science, is another way to put it.

Again, there is no scientific way to currently know how the world was created, or if it was created. We can hypothesise on the topic, but those hypotheses can't be directly tes ...[text shortened]... ion for the biological diversity we see today, so no, it's not something we take on blind faith.
Did you ever stop to think that science will never come close to explaining how anything came into existence?

Of course any other explanation other than a scientific one will ever answer that question for the atheist even though it will take 14.5 billion years to find the answer.

No doubt the point is lost on you. 😉

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
Did you ever stop to think that science will never come close to explaining how anything came into existence?

Science gets closer and closer all the time.

Did you ever stop to think?

Moves
04 Nov 14
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw

Of course any other explanation other than a scientific one will ever answer that question for the atheist even though it will take 14.5 billion years to find the answer.

No doubt the point is lost on you. 😉
One can be both religious and scientist, you know? So, if there's a truth claim to be made about everything science can't currently answer, I have no problem with that. Just call it what it is: a religious belief.

Why am I (and so many others) against including religion in science? Because science has proven very useful specifically because it only deals with testable reality. The moment we start assuming that there can be supernatural agents interfering with reality, we can't predict anything and the resulting science becomes useless in a practical sense. We start performing rituals and such, hoping to please our gods, and what not - praying away illnesses and things of that nature. Science would then become just another opinionbox, a way to express identity and cultural belonging, like religion and politics. And once you're trapped inside an opinionbox, it gets very hard to change your mind, agree on things and accomplish anything really useful.

Like you said: you believe this, I believe that, who is right?

With science untainted by religious thought, we can (at least in matters of physical reality) determine who's right.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Science gets closer and closer all the time.

Did you ever stop to think?
When they finally tell us that God did it, we will just say we told you that from the beginning. 😏

Moves
05 Nov 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
When they finally tell us that God did it, we will just say we told you that from the beginning. 😏
And we'd have to suck it up. 🙂

Though, what are the odds that we will find evidence in the physical world that can only be explained by the goddidit-hypothesis? As long as natural explanations exist, they are always preferable in science. I'm sure you agree about that, considering the state of medicine before modern science.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Nov 14

And we'd have to suck it up. 🙂

Though, what are the odds that we will find evidence in the physical world that can only be explained by the goddidit-hypothesis? As long as natural explanations exist, they are always preferable in science. I'm sure you agree about that, considering the state of medicine before modern science.
There was no need for medicine before the fall of man. Even our use of medicine now is not free of side effects as any commercial you see for medicine on television will tell you.

Moves
05 Nov 14

There was no need for medicine before the fall of man. Even our use of medicine now is not free of side effects as any commercial you see for medicine on television will tell you.
Side effects like dry mouth and dizziness beats things like death or complete paralysis in my opinion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Nov 14

Side effects like dry mouth and dizziness beats things like death or complete paralysis in my opinion.
One medicine the doctor gave me for pain stopped my kidney from working and almost killed me. I only take a little aspirin now.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Nov 14

One medicine the doctor gave me for pain stopped my kidney from working and almost killed me. I only take a little aspirin now.
So now all medicine is bad and it is the fault of those evil evolutionists?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
So now all medicine is bad and it is the fault of those evil evolutionists?
I did not say all medicine is bad. I am just pointing out that most medicines can cause side effects that may be as bad or worse as the condition it is designed by man to correct.

If we had not sinned against God there would not be no need for medicine, because God would have allowed us to eat the fruit of life. Man made medicine is not nearly as good as the fruit of life that was designed by God.

Moves
06 Nov 14

I did not say all medicine is bad. I am just pointing out that most medicines can cause side effects that may be as bad or worse as the condition it is designed by man to correct.

If we had not sinned against God there would not be no need for medicine, because God would have allowed us to eat the fruit of life. Man made medicine is not nearly as good as the fruit of life that was designed by God.
"Most" medicine comprise exactly what percentage of all modern medicine, would you say?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 14

"Most" medicine comprise exactly what percentage of all modern medicine, would you say?
Obviously more that 50%, but I can not give you anything exactly.

Moves
06 Nov 14

Obviously more that 50%, but I can not give you anything exactly.
Of course you can't. You're too polite to grab something out of your ass and hand it to someone else. Let me be the first to say: thank you, for that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Nov 14

Of course you can't. You're too polite to grab something out of your ass and hand it to someone else. Let me be the first to say: thank you, for that.
I would like to make it clear that when I refer to medicines, I mean the drugs.