1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 11:45
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to black beetle

so your sounding like a buddist, great going, their the best of the pick of the bunch, but they want to nullify everything, back to zero, and god took so much trouble providing everything for us.

ya cant have gratitude, if ya want to negate everything.

cheers vishvahetu
    Gratitude is empty. My mind is in no way dependent upon sights, sounds, smells, tastes, sensory sensations and any mental conceptions and thus it does not rely on anything. Therefore I am purified of all thoughts that relate to seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and discriminating and I use my mind spontaneously and naturally, without being constrained by preconceived notions arising from the senses. "God" took no trouble at all "providing everything for us" because it is actually a human invention, however the religious personages of your religion and of every other religion took indeed this trouble big time😵
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 11:57
    Originally posted by black beetle
    When you will discard all arbitrary notions regarding the existence of a personal self, of other people, or of a universal self you will have your mind free from these relative conceptions and thus you will further discard all conceptions of your own selfhood, of other selves, and of a universal self -and then you will discard all notions of the non-exi ...[text shortened]... uch concepts too. At that level of awareness your concept about religion will be discarded too😵
    Sure will, thats the aim😉
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:03
    Gratitude is empty. My mind is in no way dependent upon sights, sounds, smells, tastes, sensory sensations and any mental conceptions and thus it does not rely on anything. Therefore I am purified of all thoughts that relate to seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and discriminating and I use my mind spontaneously and naturally, without being c ...[text shortened]... personages of your religion and of every other religion took indeed this trouble big time😵
    to black beetle

gratitude is empty, sorry does not compute)*&#@

how do you navigate your way around this world, without the assistance of the 5 senses.

god is a human invention, you mean religion is a human invention, and iam with you on that .

god being the supreme intelligent power behind everything, then how could that power be an invention.

god took trouble, well i was just injecting my own (adjective) there to be humoruos.

cheers vishvahetu
  4. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:071 edit
    Hi, i could not mention christianity, without putting islam right in there with them.

Islam is probably worse than christianity, because they love to crush the rights of people for instance telling people how they must dress, what they can and cannot watch on TV, who they can be seen accosiating with, and so on.

Did you know, that in many islamic la ...[text shortened]... eers vishvahetu ...................note: (this will be my last post concernig these two groups)
    when you say 70% of the world trouble are caused by islam and christianity, you forget that the 20th century has suffered much more from other kinds religions, secular ones (systematic ideologies, nazism, communism mainly) than from the old classical religions.
    Imperialism and simple greed have been pretty awful too.
    I think it would be more fair to say that most of (i won't risk a number!) world trouble is caused by superstition
  5. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:191 edit
    Religions (including secular ones) serve to impede knowledge, foster fear and dependency and are responsible for much of the war, oppression, and misery that have beset the world.
    On that respect islam is not worse than communism, in my view.
    Anarchism seems to be just the opposite... as long as it doesn't get too ideological !
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:26
    Originally posted by shorbock
    when you say 70% of the world trouble are caused by islam and christianity, you forget that the 20th century has suffered much more from other kinds religions, secular ones (systematic ideologies, nazism, communism mainly) than from the old classical religions.
    Imperialism and simple greed have been pretty awful too.
    I think it would be more fair to say that most of (i won't risk a number!) world trouble is caused by superstition
    to shorbock

your absolutely correct, because there is so much superstition in the religions of the world, past and present, and it was because of this superstition, that we saw every day people burned at the stake for supposedly being a witch, aaah

cheers vishvahetu
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:40
    to black beetle

gratitude is empty, sorry does not compute)*&#@

how do you navigate your way around this world, without the assistance of the 5 senses.

god is a human invention, you mean religion is a human invention, and iam with you on that .

god being the supreme intelligent power behind everything, then how could that power be an invention ...[text shortened]... trouble, well i was just injecting my own (adjective) there to be humoruos.

cheers vishvahetu
    Gratitude is empty because it lacks of inherent being

I am assisted by the vehicle and the vehicle is empty because it lacks of inherent being; I go here and there and everywhere and I know I am not the vehicle -this is how I navigate my way around this world

I said religion is a human invention, and I said "god" is a human invention too

There is no such a thing as a "supreme intelligent power behind everything" because nobody received a definite teaching and nobody attained a definite degree of self-control from a source outside of her/ himself in order to create a so called "paradise" out of a so called "hell". Paradise and Hell cannot be created nor can they not be uncreated. Therefore the so called "power of god" is a human invention too
    😵
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:45
    to twhitehead

help me out here, could you point to the falsehoods that your refering

cheers vishvahetu
    I thought most of them were obvious - and you are quite well aware of them.
    Lets start with the first sentence:
    ...given to mankind, by past rulers, in an attempt to have power over the masses...
    I am sure that you are quite well aware that the origins of Christianity are far more complicated than that.

I am also not sure what on earth you mean by
    ..but just recently, the bible has changed that...
    Surely the Bible is a fairly old set of documents?
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sure will, thats the aim😉
    And yet, child of a noble family karoly aczel, it will become your knowledge that you will not say to yourself that you have this aim, for if you ever thought of yourself as "aim seeker" then it would not be true that you escaped ego delusion. So hopefully you will get to know that in truth there is no karoly aczel and therefore karoly aczel abides nowhere, that karoly aczel neither knows nor ignores bliss, and that karoly aczel is neither free from nor enslaved by karoly aczels' passions😉
    😵
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 12:53
    Gratitude is empty because it lacks of inherent being

I am assisted by the vehicle and the vehicle is empty because it lacks of inherent being; I go here and there and everywhere and I know I am not the vehicle -this is how I navigate my way around this world

I said religion is a human invention, and I said "god" is a human invention too

There ...[text shortened]... not be uncreated. Therefore the so called "power of god" is a human invention too
    😵
    to black beetle

gratitude is an emotion, and has its place.

the vehicle needs the 5 senses to operate efficiently ( or you would just walk into walls all the time)

the power in the universe and beyond, is indisputable, even a 10 yr old child would agree that they percieve a power behind everything, so i cant see how thats a human invention of the mind.

cheers vishvahetu
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:02
    to Fabian Fnas

yes, get rid fundamentalism, and you immediately stop heaps of drama, but your still left with inncorrect knowledge, which you cant permit to be taught to the children, otherwise the sins of the father so to speak, are passed on to them.

the spiritual truth seeker desires that knowledge of god and life is correct, and in that way peop ...[text shortened]... as spiritual brothers and sisters. (imagine that, no such thing as racism)

cheers vishvahetu
    Well, in my opinion there isn't much danger with common helathy religion. I myself believed in Santa when I was a boy. Didn't hurt me. Nowadays, I don't believe in any supernatural entity.

Religion in itself doesn't produce terrorists. But terrorists are recruited from fundamentalist groups; religious, political and other fundamentalist groups. So the dangers of this world are fundamentalists of all kinds.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:02
    to black beetle

gratitude is an emotion, and has its place.

the vehicle needs the 5 senses to operate efficiently ( or you would just walk into walls all the time)

the power in the universe and beyond, is indisputable, even a 10 yr old child would agree that they percieve a power behind everything, so i cant see how thats a human invention of the mind.

cheers vishvahetu
    Since gratitude is an emotion, it has no inherent being

The way one uses the inherenlty non-existent vehicle is merely a product of her/ his own evaluation of the mind alone

Kindly please demonstrate in detail the "indisputable power in the universe and beyond" that even a 10yo child perceives
    😵
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:06
    And yet, child of a noble family karoly aczel, it will become your knowledge that you will not say to yourself that you have this aim, for if you ever thought of yourself as "aim seeker" then it would not be true that you escaped ego delusion. So hopefully you will get to know that in truth there is no karoly aczel and therefore karoly aczel abides nowh ...[text shortened]... ss, and that karoly aczel is neither free from nor enslaved by karoly aczels' passions😉
    😵
    Aye,aye captain Beetle. The erroneous nature of what I claim to be an "aim" has duly been noted. Ok?
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Aye,aye captain Beetle. The erroneous nature of what I claim to be an "aim" has duly been noted. Ok?
    this beetle is merely black and not a captain;

I wish you to become the Diamond that Cuts through Illusion😵
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:18
    Islam is probably worse than christianity, because they love to crush the rights of people for instance telling people how they must dress, what they can and cannot watch on TV, who they can be seen accosiating with, and so on.
    You're making the common error of confusing religion and reactionary culture. I live in the world's biggest Muslim country and it is able to be 'Islamic' while at the same time having, in many areas, socially liberal culture (relatively speaking). My mother's generation - back in Europe - pretty much felt pressure to dress in a certain way, didn't have anything as smutty to watch on TV as I have, where I am (for instance), and had a the whole chaperoning deal going on etc. etc. It has all changed in the space of a generation - and it has been a cultural change, not a religious one. Same goes here in Indonesia. The reactionary things you complain of were stronger a generation ago and are weaker now. The culture is changing. Not the religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree