1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 03:29
    @kellyjay said
    Agnostic Atheist with a touch of Theism or Deism, let’s put my finger in the air and see opinions are so hard to come to a conclusion when you don’t want to commit just speculate!
    In what way do you think I need "to commit" to "a conclusion"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 03:31
    @kellyjay said
    I find it laughable!
    'Agnostic atheism is laughable because...'

What is your argument?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 03:34
    @kellyjay said
    Name calling insults other beliefs but your own pure cowardice refusing to accept or deny what a joke you make this! At least have the guts to say something, take a stand.
    ...your own pure cowardice

Can you give me an example of my "cowardice"?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 03:54
    @fmf said
    In what way do you think I need "to commit" to "a conclusion"?
    I find it humorous that you spend so much time talking about others faith, mine included, when you can’t make up your own mind about your own, and get insulted when your duplicity is pointed out.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 04:01
    @kellyjay said
    I find it humorous that you spend so much time talking about others faith, mine included, when you can’t make up your own mind about your own, and get insulted when your duplicity is pointed out.
    "Duplicity"?

What are you on about?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 04:04
    @kellyjay said
    you spend so much time talking about others faith, mine included, when you can’t make up your own mind about your own.
    I am as comfortable with my own belief as you are, I presume.

I can't see how you can claim that I "can’t make up my own mind about" my own beliefs.

Don't you read any of my posts? What are you going on about?

If you don't want to discuss things like your faith, I suggest you don't post on a Spirituality Forum.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 20:38
    @fmf said
    I am an agnostic atheist ~ and perhaps even a borderline deist [indeed, I have started several threads about it] ~ who has an open mind about the existence of a creator entity based on the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness ~ and who, unlike adherents to "revealed" religions, does not find any credible reason to believe that such a creator entity has communicated with us.
    It seems to me to be a very rational position to take.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 03:06
    @avalanchethecat said
    It seems to me to be a very rational position to take.
    KellyJay has asserted that it's a "laughable" and "cowardly" stance. I'm waiting for him to explain why.
  9. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 03:33
    @fmf said
    I am an agnostic atheist ~ and perhaps even a borderline deist [indeed, I have started several threads about it] ~ who has an open mind about the existence of a creator entity based on the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness ~ and who, unlike adherents to "revealed" religions, does not find any credible reason to believe that such a creator entity has communicated with us.
    That's fine, but you're not exactly breaking new ground here. So, why are you telling us this?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 03:40
    @mchill said
    That's fine, but you're not exactly breaking new ground here. So, why are you telling us this?
    If you feel the need to ask, then I am not interested in answering.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:15
    @mchill said
    He needs someone else to validate his position, telling him he is correct.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:22
    @kellyjay said
    He needs someone else to validate his position, telling him he is correct.
    "Validate" my position? Nice try.

This thread was started to address your low-integrity deceitful posts on page 42 of the "Meta-narrative" thread.

You said: You want to deny the possibility of something that transcends the universe, even though many things we all agree are part of the universe that have nothing material in their makeup exists; you already accept such things; you want to deny very possibly God, so you dismiss Him out of hand.

That post by you contains knowing falsehoods by you, so I started this thread.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:28
    @fmf said
    I get you.

I believe, I have to, that your statement of belief is an honest assessment of how you perceive the reality of "the existence of a creator entity" at this point in time.

Indeed, understanding "the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness" is a factor with regards to arriving at the knowledge of the truth.

Supernaturally speaking, when I close my eyes, then do I see.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:35
    @josephw said
    I believe, I have to, that your statement of belief is an honest assessment of how you perceive the reality of "the existence of a creator entity" at this point in time.Indeed, understanding "the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness" is a factor with regards to arriving at the knowledge of the truth.
    I believe "the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness" is the best evidence that theists have to support their beliefs in a creator entity. Their evidence that such a creator entity has communicated wishes, warnings and promises to humans, I find not credible.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 10:19
    @fmf said
    I believe "the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness" is the best evidence that theists have to support their beliefs in a creator entity. Their evidence that such a creator entity has communicated wishes, warnings and promises to humans, I find not credible.
    If, for you, "the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness" "is the best evidence", then why can't you find, or see, its reflection in the reality of this world?

You admit there is evidence. Extraordinary evidence. Surely it must manifest itself in reality somehow?

I'm trying to cut through your way of thinking > you say you think the best evidence is extraordinary in support of the existence of God, yet you see no manifestation of the acts or actions of God on creation.

Is that a good summary of how you're thinking?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree