1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:00
    @kellyjay said
    No, I'm telling you what I see when I read what you write. I have taken your words to
    mean exactly what you have said, and you don't like my interpretation of your
    change of mind concerning Jesus Christ. You have also said you once held the same
    views as I do now, which is that Jesus Christ is the Word of God. He calls us, we
    receive Him, and He comes into our lives lite ...[text shortened]... e on my part, and it is the only way what you have
    said can be interpreted as far as I'm concerned.
    I started this thread because of your deceit on that other thread. Now I know that you have read this OP, I will call you out for the same deceit every time it comes up again, as surely it will. You cannot pretend you haven't read the OP
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:02
    @kellyjay said
    I call your Christianity false because of your convoluted description of yourself now
    as you deny the faith, which means that it is not true now for you, and back then, it
    was only an opinion that you later acknowledged as false.
    I know that you think this.

But it's not relevant to this thread.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:04
    @kellyjay said
    No, I'm telling you what I see when I read what you write. I have taken your words to
    mean exactly what you have said, and you don't like my interpretation of your
    change of mind concerning Jesus Christ. You have also said you once held the same
    views as I do now, which is that Jesus Christ is the Word of God. He calls us, we
    receive Him, and He comes into our lives lite ...[text shortened]... e on my part, and it is the only way what you have
    said can be interpreted as far as I'm concerned.
    your convoluted description of yourself now

It isn't "convoluted". It's really straightforward.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:07
    @fmf said
    But you haven't made a point for me to address.
    Deflection.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:14
    @josephw said
    Deflection.
    What is the point you think you've made or question you think you've posed? As far as I can see, you have not comprehended the OP. If you have something that I need to address, out with it
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:27
    @fmf said
    What is the point you think you've made or question you think you've posed? As far as I can see, you have not comprehended the OP. If you have something that I need to address, out with it
    I'm not going to waste my time playing word games with you.

I replied to your OP. You all but ignored it, and diverged into deflection and subtlety of innuendo.

You abuse this forum.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:30
    @josephw said
    I replied to your OP. You all but ignored it, and diverged into deflection and subtlety of innuendo.
    You posted this:

If, for you, "the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness" "is the best evidence", then why can't you find, or see, its reflection in the reality of this world? You admit there is evidence. Extraordinary evidence. Surely it must manifest itself in reality somehow? I'm trying to cut through your way of thinking > you say you think the best evidence is extraordinary in support of the existence of God, yet you see no manifestation of the acts or actions of God on creation. Is that a good summary of how you're thinking?

I did reply to it; I did not ignore what you said. Is there some further point you wish to make?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:42
    @fmf said
    your convoluted description of yourself now

It isn't "convoluted". It's really straightforward.
    How do you describe yourself again?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:44
    @kellyjay said
    It's in the OP at the top of page 1.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 20:36
    @fmf said
    I call you deceitful when you deliberately misstate my beliefs for some disingenuous conversational purpose.
    In your opinion
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 23:26
    @fmf said
    I am an agnostic atheist ~ and perhaps even a borderline deist [indeed, I have started several threads about it] ~ who has an open mind about the existence of a creator entity based on the extraordinary nature of the universe and human consciousness ~ and who, unlike adherents to "revealed" religions, does not find any credible reason to believe that such a creator entity has communicated with us.
    OK
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 00:34
    @kellyjay said
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

By pretending that it's a stance that's too difficult for you to understand, you are demeaning yourself, KellyJay.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 00:371 edit
    @fmf said
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

By pretending that it's a stance that's too difficult for you to understand, you are demeaning yourself, KellyJay.
    By not allowing for whatever changes might occur in a man after the death of a child, you have shown yourself to be an inconsiderate imbecile and an overgrown teenager.

Edit: It was inconsiderate of me to write such a thing. It's possible that many fathers (possibly including you) do have lifelong concerns about the conditions and fates of their children.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 00:45
    @kellyjay said
    In your opinion
    Well, if you choose to be deceitful in the same way again, you can be referred back to this OP.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 08:57
    @fmf said
    Well, if you choose to be deceitful in the same way again, you can be referred back to this OP.
    You do spend an inordinate amount of time talking about others than the topics at hand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree