1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 03:13
    In the Bible.

"Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"
    Genesis 3:1

But that isn't a question. It's an insinuation.

The first question is; "Where art thou?"
    Genesis 3:9

Are you hiding from God, naked and afraid, covering yourself with fig leaves of excuses?

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Deuteronomy 6:5

What's your excuse for not obeying the commandment of your maker?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 03:511 edit
    @secondson said
    I am not convinced I have a "maker" in the way you perceive one. I don't see any good reason to believe you know anything about any "commandments" that such a "maker" has communicated to us.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 04:082 edits
    @fmf said
    I am not convinced I have a "maker" in the way you perceive one. I don't see any good reason to believe you know anything about any "commandments" that such a "maker" has communicated to us.
    The legitimacy of his claim to my way of thinking has no reliance whatsoever on whether or not you are convinced by them or not.

You could be convinced by a lie or lack belief in the truth. Your convictions or lack of them have no bearing on the truth.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 04:174 edits
    @secondson said
    In the Bible.

But that isn't a question. It's an insinuation.

The first question is; "Where art thou?"
    Genesis 3:9

Are you hiding from God, naked and afraid, covering yourself with fig leaves of excuses?

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all ...[text shortened]... thy might.
    Deuteronomy 6:5

Two beliefs held by many Christians play a major role in not obeying:
    1) Ceasing to sin is not required for "salvation" / "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom / receiving the "spirit of truth" / being "born again".
    2) Ceasing to sin is not possible for any given human being.

Neither belief is true according to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 04:191 edit
    @SecondSon

The tone is -

"Right. Are you being limited by God in ANY way ?
    Your potential for something more is being withheld from you by God.

Now if you follow me, I will liberate you to reach your full potential . God's heart is not good towards you. Me though, I will see to it that NO limitation whatsoever will be on your greatness."
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:21
    @thinkofone said

Two beliefs held by many Christians play a major role in not obeying:
    1) Ceasing to sin is not required for "salvation" / "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom / receiving the "spirit of truth" / being "born again".
    2) Ceasing to sin is not possible for any given human being.

Neither belief is true according to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    Do you have anything to say relevant to the OP?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:24
    @fmf said
    Every hair on your head is numbered. Not counted, but numbered. God knows your every thought, and still He loves you.

You way underestimate who and what God is.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:25
    @secondson said
    Do you have anything to say relevant to the OP?
    ToO is not only hiding his beliefs from God, he is hiding them from his fellow human beings.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:321 edit
    @secondson said
    Every hair on your head is numbered. Not counted, but numbered. God knows your every thought, and still He loves you.

You way underestimate who and what God is.
    So God actually “numbers” the hairs on FMF’s head, knows his every thought and he loves him despite his sin and apostasy.

But if FMF doesn’t find his faith again, this version of God will put him in hell and personally torture him with flames while deliberately keeping him alive for eternity?

Wow. Will he have the sword (of Revelation 19) coming forth from his mouth and be wearing multiple crowns on his head while he’s doing the torturing?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:37
    @secondson said
    Every hair on your head is numbered. Not counted, but numbered. God knows your every thought, and still He loves you.YYeou way underestimate who and what God is.
    Yes I know you believe this kind of stuff but I can't be disobeying "commandments" I don't believe exist. You know that as well as I do. I have answered your OP question head on.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    ToO is not only hiding his beliefs from God, he is hiding them from his fellow human beings.
    ToO WHO?
    😉
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:44
    @SecondSon

Your God is not my 'maker'. Simple.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:56
    @fmf said
    Yes I know you believe this kind of stuff but I can't be disobeying "commandments" I don't believe exist. You know that as well as I do. I have answered your OP question head on.
    Existentialism anyone?

God, and His commandments, exists independent of what you believe.

Grapple with it all you want, and hide behind the facade of statements of unbelief, but you will never escape the reality of God that exists to your very core.

God knows where you are, but demonstrates His grace by gently asking "where art thou", FMF?
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:58
    @proper-knob said
    @SecondSon

Your God is not my 'maker'. Simple.
    Yes He is. Too simple. 🤔
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:00
    @SecondSon

'That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence' - Hitch.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree