1. Joined
    10 May '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 22:50
    OK, you forced me to pull out the big guns. This is summised from an article I read from the Harvard times or something. I hope it is scientific enough to appease our most intelligent readers. The Big Impact Theory states that the moon was created when another celestial body about the size of mars crashed into the earth (the Atlantic ocean). It was such a cataclysmic event that the earth swallowed up the body that crashed into it, absorbing it into its own mass and increasing it to its current size. Another major side effect of the collision was the ejection of a large chunk of earth's rock which was sent into orbit around the earth, becoming its moon (the Pacific ocean). The force of the impact caused most of the Earth's water to collect in the unaffected areas, thus causing what would appear to be a major flood. I bow as you all applaud.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 22:56
    Originally posted by beerbrewer
    OK, you forced me to pull out the big guns. This is summised from an article I read from the Harvard times or something. I hope it is scientific enough to appease our most intelligent readers. The Big Impact Theory states that the moon was created when another celestial body about the size of mars crashed into the earth (the Atlantic ocean). It was such a ...[text shortened]... naffected areas, thus causing what would appear to be a major flood. I bow as you all applaud.
    And how long ago did this event occur according to the 'Harvard Times'?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 22:59
    OK, you forced me to pull out the big guns. This is summised from an article I read from the Harvard times or something. I hope it is scientific enough to appease our most intelligent readers. The Big Impact Theory states that the moon was created when another celestial body about the size of mars crashed into the earth (the Atlantic ocean). It was such a ...[text shortened]... naffected areas, thus causing what would appear to be a major flood. I bow as you all applaud.
    Em, the moon is 4.2 billion years old. There was nothing around to see your flood.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:111 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:15

6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:23
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i think a better possibility which i recently started thinking about was that the land was basically one piece, which through centrifugal forces evident throughout earth's land formations, formed huge volcanoes in the central regions. chain reactions from one cause the whole lot to blow. bits of earth caused the craters we see, not necessary at the same time b ...[text shortened]... nd along with the centrifugal forces continue to spread out around earth.

have a laugh. 😉.
    What? That makes no sense at all.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:25

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:27

9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:34
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    What? That makes no sense at all.
    It reads like Galileo's explaination of tides though, give him credit for trying.
    Remember fundies don't believe in plate tectonics.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:34
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    do you know how many houses there are in the world, because you may get another 1/2 millimeter in your swimming pool from the toilets.
    millilitre.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:40

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:53

13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 00:35
    OK numbnut, let's do the math. If the average person weighs 150 pounds (a conservative estimate that balances out the fat Americans and the skinny Ethiopians), That means that roughly 90 pounds per person is water. For the sake of easy math, let's say that that a gallon of water weighs 9 pounds. That is 10 gallons of water per person (59 billion gallons). ...[text shortened]... er from the flood. Would you like me to do it again in metric? Who is the idiot now, clown?
    Anybody ever wonder what you get when you mate Kent Hovind with Ann Coulter?
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 00:49
    Originally posted by telerion
    Anybody ever wonder what you get when you mate Kent Hovind with Ann Coulter?
    I just read up on who Ann Coulter is on Wiki. I love this little passage from"Coulter on Women"

"Coulter has stated that women are "not as bright" as men[34], "have no capacity to understand how money is earned"[35], and "shouldn't be in the military."[36]."

So she's admitting to being more stupid than a man, apparently any man. Perhaps a man should tell her that she's wrong - can you imagine how much her brain would smoke from that one!!!
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 01:38
    It's a good thing they don't do random drug tests on this site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree