1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 21:221 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You cannot make a pie, nay, not even a tart, with only one cherry.
    is “love your neighbor as yourself” not a plump enough cherry for you?

(As an aside, I make a very good cherry pie. Recipe available upon request).
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 00:14
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    My impression is that your field is counseling of some kind.
    Did you recently make a career change and become a cherry picker?
    Is it more rewarding in some appreciable manner?
    Boot off you hack.

Bully!
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 00:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You cannot make a pie, nay, not even a tart, with only one cherry.
    Like you would know .

Hater!!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 00:20
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    is “love your neighbor as yourself” not a plump enough cherry for you?

(As an aside, I make a very good cherry pie. Recipe available upon request).
    Cherry pie ? Now your talking . Paste it here if applicable please.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 00:37
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Nonsense.

God's Holy Spirit was upon the born again Christian saints Annanias and Sapphira.

Paul told born again Christian Saints that there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God unless they live righteously... and this he did several times.

Paul said that he himself needs to be careful otherwise he could be a castaway.

It's not a foregone conclusion. It's not a guarantee.
    The deaths of Annanias and Sapphira, as revorded in the book of Acts, took place after Christ’s crucifixion and Resurrection when God’s Holy Spirit was given to believers. Not sure of your point regarding them - yes, God used them as an example to new Christians of how serious a sin it was to lie to the Holy Spirit, but there is no indication at all in Acts or anywhere else in the Bible that Annanias and Sapphira lost their salvation and are not in heaven.

Having the indwelt Holy Spirit does not mean one never sins or enables someone to escape chastisement or correction from God for sinning (in Annanias and Sapphira’s case, obviously this correction was severe, but, as I said, I think God used them as an example to early Christians.)

God chastises (corrects) those he loves so having the Holy Spirit does not mean one escapes the consequences of sin be the consequences correction from God or not.

“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.“

(Hebrews 12:6-11)
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 00:40
    If all the Bible is the word of God, what does it matter which cherry I pick? Surely that cherry is still of divine origin?
    Cherry-picking alters the meaning. (You should know it all turns sour once people like us touch it with our grubby atheistic mitts.)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 00:41
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The one cherry you picked comes well recommended from all in the Bible from the Law of Moses to David, Solomon, the Prophets, Christ, and the Apostles. Indeed the bible closes with that very sentiment

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14 KJV)

It is the essense of the teachings of all in the Bible.
    Yes, and how does one do His commandments? And what did Jesus Christ say were the two greatest commandments, upon which hang all the law and prophets?
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 00:44
    '...there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.' (Psalm 14:1)

If an atheist does one genuine good deed (say an altruistic act to save someone's life), has The Bible been disproven? - Yes, the theist could question what qualifies as a good deed, but please keep in mind Galatians 5:14:

'For the entire LAW is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
    Bad people do good things, and good people do bad things, but all people need the saviour. Only in Jesus is to be found life everlasting.

No one can do enough good to earn salvation.

It's in the Bible.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 01:16
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Boot off you hack.

Bully!
    Bully?
    Your detector is malfunctioning.
    No malfeasance of any kind was intended nor conveyed, except in the mind of one who is looking for it.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 03:55
    Bully?
    No malfeasance of any kind was intended nor conveyed, except in the mind of one who is looking for it.
    Really? Lie to me again, go on
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 03:57
    Bully?
    Are you going to kick that big brain of yours into gear? Need assistance ?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 03:59
    I'm not opposed; lend away!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 04:06
    Are you the singer on the YouTube video that bears your name?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 04:07
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Are you the singer on the YouTube video that bears your name?
    Whoops. That post of yours I quoted was addressed to someone else. When I saw “big brain,” I naturally thought it was addressed to me
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 04:24
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Whoops. That post of yours I quoted was addressed to someone else. When I saw “big brain,” I naturally thought it was addressed to me
    Great: now some ne'er-do-well is going to think I'm me.
    Er, I mean you're me.
    Of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree