The

The "free gift"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
I speak the language of the Bible and of Jesus Christ. You speak the language of the church. Hence we cannot communicate. I have never seen any reference to a "relationship with Jesus" in the bible, neither have I seen references to "teachings leading to heaven".

If there are these phrases then please quote them, thanks.
You’re in my prayers for knowledge, wisdom, and the ability to use it. The choice is also yours, first you have to knock through faith and prayer with a pure desire and want for yhe right reasons. And of course realizing you’re an infant without the needs of the world.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 23

@mike69 said
You’re in my prayers for knowledge, wisdom, and the ability to use it. The choice is also yours, first you have to knock through faith and prayer with a pure desire and want for yhe right reasons. And of course realizing you’re an infant without the needs of the world.
In your church is that what gets to new converts ? Next would be to drop $500 in the offering plate, and I would be forgiven of all sins ... LOL ..

Moves
07 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
In your church is that what gets to new converts ? Next would be to drop $500 in the offering plate, and I would be forgiven of all sins ... LOL ..
I seldom leave my house, so you can just send it straight to me and I will use it in your name on ebay😁.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 23

@mike69 said
I seldom leave my house, so you can just send it straight to me and I will use it in your name on ebay😁.
Oh .. a retired pastor. Heard those are the richest..... good for you.

Moves
07 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
Oh .. a retired pastor. Heard those are the richest..... good for you.
If you were any farther off you would already be underground forever😀.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
Jesus said if you had the smallest amount of faith you can move a mountain. Clearly all you have is a profession of faith aka a claim to have faith. Basically that is meaningless.
Show me Jesus saying works trumps faith! Are you ever going to back that up with scripture or should everyone here know you were talking without the ability to back it up?

IP

Moves
08 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
I said it was a metaphoric but God could do it.
No you didn't, we weren't discussing what your God could do, we were discussing whether a Christian with a bit of faith could move a mountain just by talking to it, and with your usual candour you said that you might believe that such a thing was possible, but you don't have enough faith to do it, but maybe somebody else could, and it's sort of metaphorical and sort of isn't. In other words you were using your strange sort of English to bluster your way through a tricky question, which is;

Do you think that a Christian can literally and actually move a mountain by talking to it?

If the answer is 'no' then you've changed your mind again, which is one of your favourite debating techniques when you're backed into a corner. 'I never said that, what I meant was....'

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 23

@indonesia-phil said
No you didn't, we weren't discussing what your God could do, we were discussing whether a Christian with a bit of faith could move a mountain just by talking to it, and with your usual candour you said that you might believe that such a thing was possible, but you don't have enough faith to do it, but maybe somebody else could, and it's sort of metaphorical and sort of ...[text shortened]... rite debating techniques when you're backed into a corner. 'I never said that, what I meant was....'
I said this, "Something that is a huge hindrance to you can metamorphically be mountainlike, there are more things in the context that are said can and should be taken that way."

Are you just looking for something to complain about? I've asked several times about mindlessness and a mind with respect to the design of life and the universe you vanish without an answer, now you think you have something you can complain about so you are going to play it up for whatever you can get out of it, at least be honest and hind something worth complaining about.

F

Moves
08 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
Are you just looking for something to complain about? I've asked several times about mindlessness and a mind with respect to the design of life and the universe you vanish without an answer, now you think you have something you can complain about so you are going to play it up for whatever you can get out of it, at least be honest and hind something worth complaining about.
Given your inability to process ideas you don't agree with and your evident interpersonal problems [cf: your deterioration in 2022], I suggest you just preach/regugitate whatever you've rote-learned - aim it an no one in particular - and give up the pretense that you are seeking genuine dialogue.

F

Moves
08 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
I've asked several times about mindlessness and a mind with respect to the design of life and the universe you vanish without an answer.
In 2022, I engaged you on your anthropomorphized notions of "mindlessness" and "a mind", but you just ran away.

IP

Moves
08 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
I said this, "Something that is a huge hindrance to you can metamorphically be mountainlike, there are more things in the context that are said can and should be taken that way."

Are you just looking for something to complain about? I've asked several times about mindlessness and a mind with respect to the design of life and the universe you vanish without an answer, now ...[text shortened]... p for whatever you can get out of it, at least be honest and hind something worth complaining about.
Yes, you did, and you also said other things which you have now conveniently omitted; quoting yourself selectively is another one of your tricks, as is completely changing the subject.

I'm not 'complaining' about anything, but if you write things down where a lot of people can see them (like here) it's perfectly reasonable to ask for clarification, particularly with someone like yourself who has, let's say, an obtuse debating style.

Mountains are formed and eroded by natural geological process over millions upon millions of years (more than the 6000 years that you believe to be the age of the earth) and in the meantime don't move anywhere. Any claim that a person can talk to a mountain and make it move is 'worth' clarification, but finding clarity in your writing is like looking for a needle in a haystack, metaphorically speaking.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Feb 23

@indonesia-phil said
Yes, you did, and you also said other things which you have now conveniently omitted; quoting yourself selectively is another one of your tricks, as is completely changing the subject.

I'm not 'complaining' about anything, but if you write things down where a lot of people can see them (like here) it's perfectly reasonable to ask for clarification, particularly wit ...[text shortened]... finding clarity in your writing is like looking for a needle in a haystack, metaphorically speaking.
Anything I say is free game, bring it up in the context I say them there is nothing being conveniently left out. I did say God could do it, but the statement was metaphoric, but nonetheless true.

The God who spoke the universe into being out of nothing could move a mountain both physically and our mountains that could be described by us metaphorically. With God, it is true both ways, because nothing is impossible for Him.

IP

Moves
09 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
Anything I say is free game, bring it up in the context I say them there is nothing being conveniently left out. I did say God could do it, but the statement was metaphoric, but nonetheless true.

The God who spoke the universe into being out of nothing could move a mountain both physically and our mountains that could be described by us metaphorically. With God, it is true both ways, because nothing is impossible for Him.
Another good debating technique is to write things which make no sense whatsoever, and you've got that one nailed. Whatever your post is supposed to mean, it still isn't what we're talking about; once again you've dodged the subject.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Feb 23

@indonesia-phil said
Another good debating technique is to write things which make no sense whatsoever, and you've got that one nailed. Whatever your post is supposed to mean, it still isn't what we're talking about; once again you've dodged the subject.
Like suggesting some point is worthless while not pointing out the point that you think is worthless? For crying out loud, be specific, at least point out what it is you find problematic, not some vague reference to any number of things said in any number of posts.

You have an issue with the mindlessness verse mind discussion, maybe I have to say it was metaphorical one or two more times for you to see it? What is it you are crying about now?

F

Moves
10 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
You have an issue with the mindlessness verse mind discussion
Oh the irony.