1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    08 Aug '14 18:09
    Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
    Genesis 2:8

    I'm inviting speculation or theology.

    What did the soil in the garden consist of?
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    08 Aug '14 18:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
    Genesis 2:8

    I'm inviting speculation or theology.

    What did the soil in the garden consist of?
    Promix soaked in 20 20 20 Nutrex.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    08 Aug '14 18:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
    Genesis 2:8

    I'm inviting speculation or theology.

    What did the soil in the garden consist of?
    Don't know what the soil consisted of but the whole idea of the garden bit is fantasy, for instance, the two humans or more were in a reservation not allowed an education so they had a human level brain with its attendant curiosity index as most humans have and they were specifically forbidden to use those brains.

    Sure, sounds like heaven.

    BARF.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    08 Aug '14 18:31
    It's a genuine question for any Christian interested.

    Considering that death had not yet entered and that soil is fundamentally decomposing dead stuff mixed in with minerals, water and a few microbes; where did the dead stuff and microbes come from?
  5. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    08 Aug '14 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's a genuine question for any Christian interested.

    Considering that death had not yet entered and that soil is fundamentally decomposing dead stuff mixed in with minerals, water and a few microbes; where did the dead stuff and microbes come from?
    Are you saying that the creation of fertile soil is beyond Gods ability and that God needs to wait until there is enough dead stuff in order to plant a garden?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    08 Aug '14 18:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Are you saying that the creation of fertile soil is beyond Gods ability and that God needs to wait until there is enough dead stuff in order to plant a garden?
    No, I'm asking what anyone interested speculates that the soil consisted of.

    You think it consisted of "created" dead matter and created microbes?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    08 Aug '14 19:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
    Genesis 2:8

    I'm inviting speculation or theology.

    What did the soil in the garden consist of?
    My guess is that it must have consisted of all the minerals and nutrients that are needed for plant growth plus Miracle-Gro.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    08 Aug '14 19:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My guess is that it must have consisted of all the minerals and nutrients that are needed for plant growth plus Miracle-Gro.
    This may be your best post ever.
  9. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    08 Aug '14 19:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, I'm asking what anyone interested speculates that the soil consisted of.

    You think it consisted of "created" dead matter and created microbes?
    A more interesting question is what was going on in Adams brain? When did he learn to speak? Did he have memories of a time before he was created?
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 Aug '14 19:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
    Genesis 2:8

    I'm inviting speculation or theology.

    What did the soil in the garden consist of?
    Silt from four rivers.
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    08 Aug '14 19:42
    How old was the garden of Eden? How long had plants been dying as well as all the animals, insects, birds etc that lived there?
    No doubt from the time God created them.
  12. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 Aug '14 19:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, I'm asking what anyone interested speculates that the soil consisted of.

    You think it consisted of "created" dead matter and created microbes?
    What happened Genesis was the creation of [Western] civilization, not the creation of everything.
  13. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 Aug '14 19:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    A more interesting question is what was going on in Adams brain? When did he learn to speak? Did he have memories of a time before he was created?
    Adam was a village, not a man.
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 Aug '14 19:45
    Originally posted by galveston75
    How old was the garden of Eden? How long had plants been dying as well as all the animals, insects, birds etc that lived there?
    No doubt from the time God created them.
    http://athousandyoung.blogspot.com/2010/12/history-and-prehistory-of-everything.html
  15. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    08 Aug '14 19:49
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://athousandyoung.blogspot.com/2010/12/history-and-prehistory-of-everything.html
    I know the answer but thanks......
Back to Top