1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 23:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    YEC argument # 2, Were you there. Were YOU? All you have are words written by men in books CHOSEN to be our bible by the council of Nicea in around the year 300 or so. There wasn't even a bible before that. So all these words are just that: Words, stories, fairy tales to convince those who cannot or will not think for themselves.

Like you, the poster bo ...[text shortened]... would be king. Forcing people to accept the so-called truth of the bible or I cut off your head.
    Islam and the Koran is for cutting off the heads of the infidels. Christianity and the New Testament is for loving the unbelievers as well as the believers.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 23:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Islam and the Koran is for cutting off the heads of the infidels. Christianity and the New Testament is for loving the unbelievers as well as the believers.
    Like they did in the Crusades, no doubt, love their enemies to death.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 23:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like they did in the Crusades, no doubt, love their enemies to death.
    Turning the other cheek does not work with Satan and his followers (Islam).
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 01:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But death entered the world through sin and sin did not enter until after the garden was planted and all vegetation had been created. How can it be explained that God created vegetation that needed to rely on soil that consisted of decaying matter?
    Sorry but I'm not exactly understanding your question. Are you saying that even plants or other life did not sin so they could not die and in turn be food for other life?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 01:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What do you mean "no reason for it to be symbolic?" Symbolisms and parables are used through the Bible, why are you so certain about the genesis account?
    Usually with scriptures that are symbolic, one has to use other sciptures to make sence of them such as many in Revelation, to put it easy.
    But there is no such confusion or symbolisms in the creation account and no need for that to be used there or to be thought it isn't a real event.
    The symbolisms that some put on the creation account are simply not needed as the account is explained to us in simple terms.
    Why do you think it might be symbolic and not a real event as it is written in Genesis?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 01:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which "all accounts" would they be?
    By the Bible itself. Can you come up woth another genealogical account from Adam to Jesus that is diffferent and more accurate?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 02:011 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    By the Bible itself. Can you come up woth another genealogical account from Adam to Jesus that is diffferent and more accurate?
    It is you who has to come up with the accounts you mention. You said "The lineage of the bible from Jesus back to Adam is correct by all accounts". You cannot then cite the Bible itself. Saying the Bible is correct according to the Bible is just circular logic. You have mentioned "all accounts" which logically cannot include the Bible version that you claim is corroborated, and there must be more than one, as you mentioned "accounts" plural. Can you come up with a genealogical account from Adam to Jesus ~ aside from the one in the Bible itself ~ which corroborates the Bible version?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 02:511 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It is you who has to come up with the accounts you mention. You said "The lineage of the bible from Jesus back to Adam is correct by all accounts". You cannot then cite the Bible itself. Saying the Bible is correct according to the Bible is just circular logic. You have mentioned "all accounts" which logically cannot include the Bible version that you claim is ...[text shortened]... m Adam to Jesus ~ aside from the one in the Bible itself ~ which corroborates the Bible version?
    Sorry but I was simply referring to the Bibles account. But the question again that I asked was is there another lineage to prove differently available?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 03:37
    Sorry but I was simply referring to the Bibles account.
    Yes you mentioned the Bible. You said "The lineage of the bible from Jesus back to Adam is correct by all accounts". It is you who has to tell us about all these "accounts" you mentioned. What are they and how do they corroborate the Bible account?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 05:55
    Sorry but I was simply referring to the Bibles account. But the question again that I asked was is there another lineage to prove differently available?
    Other than the Harry Potter series of books can you give
    any other literary source that discredits Harry's parents?

I think not!
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 09:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Turning the other cheek does not work with Satan and his followers (Islam).

So you're saying you're not a christian then?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 14:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Other than the Harry Potter series of books can you give
    any other literary source that discredits Harry's parents?

I think not!
    I believe the bible and all it says. So...again I ask do you have any other source that shows the line from Adam to Jesus is wrong in the Bible and that any or all of those descendants of Adam did not exist?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 14:17
    I believe the bible and all it says. So...again I ask do you have any other source that shows the line from Adam to Jesus is wrong in the Bible and that any or all of those descendants of Adam did not exist?
    It's you who claimed that the Bible version was corroborated by "all accounts", where are they?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 16:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's you who claimed that the Bible version was corroborated by "all accounts", where are they?
    I answered you about 5 post up........
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 19:24
    Sorry but I'm not exactly understanding your question. Are you saying that even plants or other life did not sin so they could not die and in turn be food for other life?
    Yes, I have no idea whether it is correct or not though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree