1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 01:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You started off with 'you should consider', which means that you are not in agreement with what I said.
    Why can't I agree and disagree at the same time?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 01:441 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    What do you mean by all the same? Equal?

Not at all. I mean it like this... you may be a father, a son, a brother, an uncle.. all are different and mean different things, you are one... but all of these things at the same time, you see?

You should be careful of believing doctrines which contradict the Bible. Paul stated very clear ...[text shortened]... rsion of the Godhead or Trinity is essential?

Absolutely not. Thanks for the comments.
    "Not at all. I mean it like this... you may be a father, a son, a brother, an uncle.. all are different and mean different things, you are one... but all of these things at the same time, you see?"

Humm....so if my father and uncle and myself are all in agreement on some plan to do something, say build a house, we are one in the general thought or ideas to build this house, but that is only in this situation. We may not agree at all about how to build the next one.

So to say humans are one in some issue is ok, but that's only in a general thought or idea. But we will never be "one" in a physical, spiritual or mental way. We are 3 seperate individuals.
    So I don't see you using humans as an exmple to explain the trinity of these supposed 3 beings helping this explination.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 01:47
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Hi and thanks for your comments. I see you used one of my postings which is fine and appreciated.
    From a pe...[text shortened] ...epted into the church until the 400 or so years after Jesus died. Where was it before then? If it were a bible truth it should have been there all along.

Anyway thanks and this is my comment...
    I am really reluctant to post a link because I know how that is sometimes disliked, but I think this so eloquently makes my point. Perhaps it illustrates better than I can.

http://christianity.net.au/questions/are_father_son_and_holy_spirit_one_or_three
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 01:51
    "Not at all. I mean it like this... you may be a father, a son, a brother, an uncle.. all are different and mean different things, you are one... but all of these things at the same time, you see?"

Humm....so if my father and uncle and myself are all in agreement on some plan to do something, say build a house, we are one in the general thought or ide ...[text shortened]... humans as an exmple to explain the trinity of these supposed 3 beings helping this explination.
    You miss the point.

I meant YOU as a father, brother, uncle, etc... not your father, brother, uncle, etc... Do you see the difference?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 02:12
    I am really reluctant to post a link because I know how that is sometimes disliked, but I think this so eloquently makes my point. Perhaps it illustrates better than I can.

http://christianity.net.au/questions/are_father_son_and_holy_spirit_one_or_three
    I'll check it out...
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 02:252 edits

Well this first issue I see are these three scriptures that they are claiming says that the holy spirit is God.

(John 15:26, Mark 3:29, 1 Corinthians 6:19)

John 15:26
    Good News Translation (GNT)
    26 “The Helper will come—the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will speak about me.

This is saying that this holy spirit is from God or sent from God but it does not say he or it "is God".

Mark 3:29
    29 But whoever says evil things against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, because he has committed an eternal sin.”

This also says nothing about the holy spirit being God. A question I always ask and never get an answer to, is why is sinning against the holy spirit deadly but the bible does not say the same about the other two beings or parts of this godhead?

1 Corinthians 6:19
    19 Don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and who was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourselves but to God;

This also does not say the holy spirit is God. But it does say it is something given to humans. Why is this holy spirit something given to humans and the other two parts are not? If they are all equal it shouldn't matter who does what...
    It also says we belong to God. It does not say the holy spirit.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 02:33
    Genesis 1:26, 3:22, 11:7, Isaiah 6:8

They say these scriptures prove he is not alone. Well of course not. He has his son Jesus there as well as millions of angels.
    He speaks to them constantly in their activities just as we talk to other humans.
    But we are seperate beings. These scriptures do nothing to prove they are all the one in the same.
    In fact if they were somehow all in the same, these comments of one speaking to the other would not make sence. We could not relate to it.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 04:322 edits
    Well this first issue I see are these three scriptures that they are claiming says that the holy spirit is God.

(John 15:26, Mark 3:29, 1 Corinthians 6:19)

John 15:26
    26 “The Helper will come—the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will s ...[text shortened]... uldn't matter who does what...
    It also says we belong to God. It does not say the holy spirit.
    John 15:26 indentifies the Holy Spirit as "him" and "he" NOT "it". And the following verse identifies the Holy Soirit as God.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? ... You have not lied to men but to God.”

Acts 5:3,4 NKJV)

See, lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 07:00
    Any analogy of God breaks down the finite trying to comprehend the Infinite one 🙂 These guys are right the word trinity is not in the bible. We can set back however and look at how God has chosen to reveal Himself in the bible and there is a Triune nature about God many will deny this but let the scriptures speak for themselves. I like the water analogy (of course it's a pale dim analogy) Solid-Liquid-Gas yet still the same element. Of course I believe many things in the creation are just finger prints of the creator and put there on purpose by the creator

Manny
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 07:16
    Originally posted by menace71
    Any analogy of God breaks down the finite trying to comprehend the Infinite one 🙂 These guys are right the word trinity is not in the bible. We can set back however and look at how God has chosen to reveal Himself in the bible and there is a Triune nature about God many will deny this but let the scriptures speak for themselves. I like the water analogy ...[text shortened]... eation are just finger prints of the creator and put there on purpose by the creator

Manny
    There are many words that are not in the Holy Bible. However, that does not mean what the new word describes does not exist or never existed. Helicopter is not in the Holy Bible, however most of have seen something we call a Helicopter. You could go on and on and it does not prove anything.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 07:381 edit
    Newish forum member makes opening gambit about everyone getting along and discussing spiritual matters in harmony...

Newish forum member opens debate on trinity doctrine...

Enter stage left: rajk999, Jehovah's Witness and Mr Hinds...

*opens extra pack of popcorn.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 08:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are many words that are not in the Holy Bible. However, that does not mean what the new word describes does not exist or never existed. Helicopter is not in the Holy Bible, however most of have seen something we call a Helicopter. You could go on and on and it does not prove anything.
    I agree so what are you yammering about ? LOL 😉

Manny
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 08:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Careful, some here will try to nail you down on your belief and get you to say something you may not mean in order to shout you down and claim your faith is not true.
    careful you may be coerced into rational thought!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 09:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Newish forum member makes opening gambit about everyone getting along and discussing spiritual matters in harmony...

Newish forum member opens debate on trinity doctrine...

Enter stage left: rajk999, Jehovah's Witness and Mr Hinds...

*opens extra pack of popcorn.
    we already have our trinity, wuzzianne, RJHinds and the Jeester.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How does 'helicpoter' help us to understand any Biblical concept? It does not.
    Same with trinity and triune. Biblical concepts have enough explanation and terminology already written in the original Bible.

The only time that new words are required are when new concepts are introduced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree