The Godhead (Trinity)

The Godhead (Trinity)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Feb 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
I have no problem with people using the word 'Trinity' although its not in the Bible its just that I dont use it. I try to stick to what is clearly stated in the Bible. So I agree with all that you say here.

The Bible is clear that God is above all. Christ is under or subservient to God.

[i]1 Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, .. the head of Christ i ...[text shortened]... they cannot be equal or the same. Same in purpose and of one mind, Yes .. not the same entity.
The apostle Paul said the following about Jesus:

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

(Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(1 Timoty 3:16 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
The apostle Paul said the following about Jesus:

[b]For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

(Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, pr ...[text shortened]... unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(1 Timoty 3:16 KJV)[/b]
Is it your point that Christ and God are equal or the same?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Feb 14

The point is Christ is God in the flesh.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 14
1 edit

I think his point is the same point made by doubting Thomas in John 20:28

"Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and My God !

Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." (vs.28,29)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Feb 14
1 edit

The point is Christ is God in the flesh.
Yes, but its like how you take FAITH ONLY as giving eternal life when if the entire teachings of Christ and the Apostles are understood its BOTH FAITH AND WORKS.

Take all that is said.

Christ is God in the flesh - YES

God is the Father and Christ is the Son - YES

God is the head of Christ [Paul] - YES

God is greater than Christ [Jesus himself said it] - YES

They are all correct. Why do you pick and choose what parts of the Bible you like or dislike?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Feb 14

Yes, but its like how you take FAITH ONLY as giving eternal life when if the entire teachings of Christ and the Apostles are understood its BOTH FAITH AND WORKS.

Take all that is said.

Christ is God in the flesh - YES

God is the Father and Christ is the Son - YES

God is the head of Christ [Paul] - YES

God is greater than Christ [Jesus himself ...[text shortened]...
They are all correct. Why do you pick and choose what parts of the Bible you like or dislike?
I only pick and choose to counter what you pick and choose. The truth is FAITH takes priority over WORKS for righteousness. As James said the works show one has true faith and not false faith like the demons.

You left this one out:

The Holy Spirit is God - YES

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Feb 14

I only pick and choose to counter what you pick and choose. The truth is FAITH takes priority over WORKS for righteousness. As James said the works show one has true faith and not false faith like the demons.

You left this one out:

The Holy Spirit is God - YES
When it comes to what is priority and what is not, I would refrain from talking about that and leave that part to Jesus .. let Him decide. Unless of course He already stated in the Bible what is priority and what is not. As far as I can recall Christ said nothing about faith taking priority.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Feb 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
I would think you English/Irish... etc, boys would know. Ever watch the Pink Panther? A bemp is an accented 'bump'. Peter Sellers said it.
Sorry been really sick. Will be back soon.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Feb 14

When it comes to what is priority and what is not, I would refrain from talking about that and leave that part to Jesus .. let Him decide. Unless of course He already stated in the Bible what is priority and what is not. As far as I can recall Christ said nothing about faith taking priority.
Okay, here is an example of what Jesus thought about the importance of faith over works.

Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

(Luke 7:48-50 NKJV)

Notice that Jesus forgave the woman's sins and He tells her that it is her faith that has saved her. He did not say her works and her faith, but only that her faith had saved her and because of her faith, he forgave her sins.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Feb 14
1 edit

Okay, here is an example of what Jesus thought about the importance of faith over works.

[b]Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

(Luke 7:48-50 NKJV)

Noti ...[text shortened]... ith, but only that her faith had saved her and because of her faith, he forgave her sins.[/b]
He said her sins up to that point were forgiven, not forgiven forever. He did not say she was saved....

RIGHT?

y

Moves
07 Feb 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
[b]Well this first issue I see are these three scriptures that they are claiming says that the holy spirit is God.

How do you read this piece of scripture?
Acts 5:3-5
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 W ...[text shortened]... ing about someone/something other than God when he is talking about the Holy Spirit? If so, how so?
bump Galveston, How do you read this piece of scripture? thx.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Feb 14
4 edits

The holy spirit is nothing more then God's way to have things done or to be accomplished.
Sometimes he has used angels, or his son Jesus to make things happen. When they are not used it is Jehovah himself doing an action with his force or spirit.
Humans cannot see God as the Bible cleary states. This is true of the past a s as relating to God’s spirit, and this is borne out by a consideration of the Scriptures." IT book.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Feb 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Sorry something weird is going on trying to post here forsome reason.... Give me a minute.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Feb 14
1 edit

The holy spirit is nothing more then God's way to have things done or to be accomplished.
Sometimes he has used angels, or his son Jesus to make things happen. When they are not used it is Jehovah himself doing an action with his force or spirit.

"Distinguished from “power.” Ruach and pneuma, therefore, when used with reference to God’s holy spirit, refer to God’s invisible active force by which he accomplishes his divine purpose and will. It is “holy” because it is from Him, not of an earthly source, and is free from all corruption as “the spirit of holiness.” (Ro 1:4) It is not Jehovah’s “power,” for this English word more correctly translates other terms in the original languages (Heb., koach; Gr., dyna·mis). Ruach and pneuma are used in close association or even in parallel with these terms signifying “power,” which shows that there is an inherent connection between them and yet a definite distinction. (Mic 3:8; Zec 4:6; Lu 1:17, 35; Ac 10:38) “Power” is basically the ability or capacity to act or do things and it can be latent, dormant, or inactively resident in someone or something. “Force,” on the other hand, more specifically describes energy projected and exerted on persons or things, and may be defined as “an influence that produces or tends to produce motion, or change of motion.” “Power” might be likened to the energy stored in a battery, while “force” could be compared to the electric current flowing from such battery. “Force,” then, more accurately represents the sense of the Hebrew and Greek terms as relating to God’s spirit, and this is borne out by a consideration of the Scriptures." It book....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Feb 14

Originally posted by galveston75
He said her sins up to that point were forgiven, not forgiven forever. He did not say she was saved....

RIGHT?
Wrong!

This is from your Watchtower bible translation:

But he said to the woman: “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

(Luke 7:50 NWT)

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES (2013 REVISION) On-Line

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/

Jesus did not wait for her to die and be resurrected to make the judgment that she was saved. He did it right then, just like He did to the thief that was on the cross being crucified next to Him.