1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 15:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Then you give it a try......but without the usual insults. Such a model christian attitude you continue to display.
    People usually become emotional when they have no rational basis for defending their position, its quite entirely typical.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 15:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    People usually become emotional when they have no rational basis for defending their position, its quite entirely typical.
    I know but one still wonders why they allow themselves to do that. I guess it's the "I can yell louder then you" and "insult you all day long" syndrome.

Just think if Jesus insulted all he talked to that did not agree with his words?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 16:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thanks .. then I think we agree.

I believe that God. Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are three separate and distinct entities.

They are ONE in purpose. God has infused himself or his spirit in various degrees into Christ and the Holy Spirit hence the oneness. The same way God breathed into man. We all have God in us but we are all separate and distinct.

God first
    Christ next
    Mankind last.
    We all have God in us but we are all separate and distinct.

To say that we all have God in us is to say something the Bible doesn't say.

To say that we are all created in the image of God is to say what the Bible says.

The reason I cannot say even though we are all made in the image of God but not all have God in us is because:

1.) Genesis 1:26,27 clearly says man was made in the image of God. So all men bear that image. The image of God is in every man. This of course gives great dignity to all created men and women who have ever lived or will live. Within all people, regardless of their belief, we see the image of God.

2.) The Apostle John does not say all people with God's image have God within them. He says those who have the Son have God in them.

"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him and he in God." (1 John 4:15)

If you wish God to live within you you should confess that Jesus is the Son of God. If you do not want God to live in you then you refuse to confess that Jesus is the Son of God.

"Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who confesses the Son has the Father also." (1 John 2:23)

If you wish God to live within you then confess the Son of God - Jesus. If you do not want the Father to live within you then you just deny the Son of God.

So everyone created in the image of God may have the image of God in him. But not everyone with God's image in him has God in him.

The obstacle separating man from God being in him is the guilt of sin firstly and the power of sin secondly. Denying the Son denies the One who can remove both the guilt and power of sin. Therefore the separation disallowing God to live in you remains.

We cannot remove the barrier. We cannot remove the obstacle. We cannot remove out of the way the hindrance preventing the holy God from living in us. Only the Lord Jesus, when received, can remove that blockade and God is then eager to immediately impart Himself into the believer in the Son.

Not everything is said in this post. A pertinent matter is expressed with a few words. I already anticipate the typical objections.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 20:191 edit
    ?..even the atheists agree that logically, rational and empirically Jesus is part of the creation...
    You spend so much time with your head up the atheists asses I'm beginning to think one of them had you for lunch.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 20:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You spend so much time with your head up the atheists asses I'm beginning to think one of them had you for lunch.
    you sooo jealous!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 20:561 edit
    you sooo jealous!
    I think you think that God will be made more attractive to the atheist if you can prove that they don't have to call Jesus as Lord or believe that God became a man.

I think 98.99 % of Jehovah's Witness teaching is a hatred for Christianity.
    It has been called a religion based on hate.

And I think you feel you present a kinder, friendlier Theism because Christ gets demoted from what the Son of God really means to mean an angelic being Michael, like Gabriel another angel.

Actually this too is a leavening of the fine flour.

"And another parable He spoke to them: The kingdom of the heavens is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal until the whole was leavened." (Matt. 13:33)

Leaven here is negative. It is a fermenting substance which bloats up the flour to make it more chewing and palatable to the eater.

The Roman Catholic Church leavened the pure teaching of the kingdom Gospel by adding many pagan things like Christmas, Easter, Mary worship, Mother and Child portraits and other things which often predated Christian teaching went back to the Babylonian religion.

As they hoped to placate the masses with these tasty bits of their old lives the Jehovah's Witness also do the same. You will always seek to entice unbelievers and atheists by offering a "gospel" which negates recognition of Jesus Christ as Lord.

I know that your JW lexicon has "Son of God" and "Lord Jesus" in it. But when you get down to what the new meanings really are, the words sound like the New Testament but the meaning behind the words are false teachings.

There is not that much difference in the persecution from the Pharisees and scribes and chief priests against God become a man and the Watchtower persecution of Christ to likewise deny that status in favor of making Him Michael an angel.

This pretended homage to the Son of God is no better than the kiss of Judas.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 21:03
    Originally posted by sonship
    I think you think that God will be made more attractive to the atheist if you can prove that they don't have to call Jesus as Lord or believe that God became a man.

And I think you feel you present a kinder, friendlier Theism ...[text shortened]... el an angel.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 21:412 edits

And I think you feel you present a kinder, friendlier Theism ...[text shortened]... el an angel.

Whether God is made more attractive i cannot say, what I can say is that atheists are more likely to be rational and objective and unaffected by religious bias than many nominal Christians for it appears to me that religious bias has clouded the minds of nominal Christians to such an extent that they are unable and unwilling to think rationally. The sheer volume of irrelevant remarks during recent discussion has confirmed this incontrovertibly.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 21:542 edits
    Whether God is made more attractive i cannot say, what I can say is that atheists are more likely to be rational and objective and unaffected by religious bias than many nominal Christians for it appears to me that religious bias has clouded the minds of nominal Christians to such an extent that they are unable and unwilling to think rationally. The sheer volume of irrelevant remarks during recent discussion has confirmed this incontrovertibly.

Would you say this test Paul exhorts the Christians to take is objective or subjective ?

"Test yourselves whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved? " (2 Cor. 13:5)

The truth of Jesus Christ must be both objective and subjective.

What could be more subjective than Paul saying that for him to live is Christ or that it is no longer he that lives but Christ that lives within him ?

The reality of God is exceedingly subjective as well as God exists whether a man believes He does or not.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 23:36
    To say that we all have God in us is to say something the Bible doesn't say....
    Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 00:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
    Referring to Jesus, the apostle Paul also wrote the following:

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

(Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV)
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Referring to Jesus, the apostle Paul also wrote the following:

[b]For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

(Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV)[/b]
    Question for anyone: I'm curious about the historic chronological order of the various verses that relate to this controversy, and whether their target audience(s) at the time was/were more Jewish or more gentile. Is there any resource that concerns these questions?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 01:09
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    [b]Well this first issue I see are these three scriptures that they are claiming says that the holy spirit is God.

How do you read this piece of scripture?
    Acts 5:3-5
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 W ...[text shortened]... about someone/something other than God when he is talking about the Holy Spirit? If so, how so?[/b]
    A bemp for Galveston.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 01:11

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? Yo ...[text shortened]... king about someone/something other than God when he is talking about the Holy Spirit? If so, how so?
    A bemp for Galveston.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 01:13

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? Yo ...[text shortened]... king about someone/something other than God when he is talking about the Holy Spirit? If so, how so?
    A bemp for Galveston.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree