1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Newish forum member makes opening gambit about everyone getting along and discussing spiritual matters in harmony...

Newish forum member opens debate on trinity doctrine...

Enter stage left: rajk999, Jehovah's Witness and Mr Hinds...

*opens extra pack of popcorn.
    I will grab some popcorn myself because I have said enough.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are many words that are not in the Holy Bible. However, that does not mean what the new word describes does not exist or never existed. Helicopter is not in the Holy Bible, however most of have seen something we call a Helicopter. You could go on and on and it does not prove anything.
    Well a chicken fried stake isn't said either but we know it exist.
    Neither does the words computer, or Ford Mustang or Brad Pitt.
    So what is your point?
    None of these items have anything to do with ones life being saved or not as you say the trinity does.
    So one would think that the word trinity, being as important as you say it is......would be in the Bible, somewhere at least once????????
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:13
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    What do you mean by all the same? Equal?

Not at all. I mean it like this... you may be a father, a son, a brother, an uncle.. all are different and mean different things, you are one... but all of these things at the same time, you see?

You should be careful of believing doctrines which contradict the Bible. Paul stated very clear ...[text shortened]... rsion of the Godhead or Trinity is essential?

Absolutely not. Thanks for the comments.
    Thanks .. then I think we agree.

I believe that God. Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are three separate and distinct entities.

They are ONE in purpose. God has infused himself or his spirit in various degrees into Christ and the Holy Spirit hence the oneness. The same way God breathed into man. We all have God in us but we are all separate and distinct.

God first
    Christ next
    Mankind last.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 12:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well this first issue I see are these three scriptures that they are claiming says that the holy spirit is God.

(John 15:26, Mark 3:29, 1 Corinthians 6:19)

John 15:26
    Good News Translation (GNT)
    26 “The Helper... [text shortened]... to God. It does not say the holy spirit.
    Well this first issue I see are these three scriptures that they are claiming says that the holy spirit is God.

How do you read this piece of scripture?
    Acts 5:3-5
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.

Here Peter is questioning Ananias about lying to the Holy Spirit, and then explains he has lied to God. Do you think that Peter is speaking about someone/something other than God when he is talking about the Holy Spirit? If so, how so?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 13:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "Not at all. I mean it like this... you may be a father, a son, a brother, an uncle.. all are different and mean different things, you are one... but all of these things at the same time, you see?"

Humm....so if my father and uncle and myself are all in agreement on some plan to do something, say build a house, we are one in the general thought or ide ...[text shortened]... humans as an exmple to explain the trinity of these supposed 3 beings helping this explination.
    Wow, way to miss his point entirely.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 13:42
    I am really reluctant to post a link because I know how that is sometimes disliked, but I think this so eloquently makes my point. Perhaps it illustrates better than I can.

http://christianity.net.au/questions/are_father_son_and_holy_spirit_one_or_three
    Links are really okay here, I do not think they are detrimental, just try to post a synopsis or something besides just the link. Also okay is to post the text at the link here, provided it's not too long and then post the link as reference at the beginning or end.

We're not too big on rules here, if someone takes offense at you breaking some 'unwritten rule', I'm sure they'll let you know. 🙂
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 13:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are many words that are not in the Holy Bible. However, that does not mean what the new word describes does not exist or never existed. Helicopter is not in the Holy Bible, however most of have seen something we call a Helicopter. You could go on and on and it does not prove anything.
    Good, Ron, I do believe you're getting better at this.

I had my doubts there for a while.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 13:48
    Originally posted by menace71
    Any analogy of God breaks down the finite trying to comprehend the Infinite one 🙂 These guys are right the word trinity is not in the bible. We can set back however and look at how God has chosen to reveal Himself in the bible and there is a Triune nature about God many will deny this but let the scriptures speak for themselves. I like the water analogy ...[text shortened]... eation are just finger prints of the creator and put there on purpose by the creator

Manny
    Correct, Manny, as usual.

BTW, Ron is agreeing with you. 🙂
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 13:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    careful you may be coerced into rational thought!
    I already have rational thought.

What I will not be coerced into is YOUR brand of Christianity, which is a joke.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I already have rational thought.

What I will not be coerced into is YOUR brand of Christianity, which is a joke.
    You're sooooo busted, even the atheists agree that logically, rational and empirically Jesus is part of the creation,

The truth 1: suzzi and the irrationals 0
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 14:02
    we already have our trinity, wuzzianne, RJHinds and the Jeester.
    You know, I used to give some measure of credence to some of the things you say, but not any more. All I see now is your slavish devotion to an indefensible idea of what Christianity is. You truly are under the thrall of your corporation. I am not concerned how that may affect me, because my faith is pure. I am concerned for your salvation, however, and I regret that indeed, it may be too late for you. The least you could do is to try not to take any of the rest of us down with you. Many of us will remain vigilant against this.

I may have been one of your last defenders here, not including the atheists, of course, but they don't know any better. But not any more. I finally see to what depths you have fallen. I just thought you should know.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 14:09
    You're sooooo busted, even the atheists agree that logically, rational and empirically Jesus is part of the creation,

The truth 1: suzzi and the irrationals 0
    Also, before 1903, people said, "If man was meant to fly, he'd have wings."

I don't really think it solidifies your point to get the agreement of people who don't even believe in God. Asking them about the Bible is like asking an infant about the theory of relativity.

Plus, you misguided them. You can't even admit that.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 14:146 edits
    Recently I was discussing with a friend how nice it would be to have discussions that were based on mutual respect for one another vs. disdain and at times feeling the need to be 'right', at the others expense. The truth is everyone of us comes from different homes, has different parents, are exposed to different people, have been taught different things, ...[text shortened]... believe/understand the Godhead in a similar way, totally different? Thoughts, comments please.
    I appreciate your civility and fellowship.

I believe what God IS in the Bible can never be disassociated with what God does in His eternal purpose.

What God IS in His being cannot, in the Bible, ever be unrelated to His operation, His plan to carry out His purpose.

Here Jesus is speaking about the coming of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of reality (or truth) -

"But when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality, for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak; and He will declare to you the things that are coming.

He will glorify Me, for He will receive of Mine and will declare it to you. All that the Father has is Mine; for this reason I have said that He receives of Mine and will declare it to you." (John 16:13-15)

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are spoken of here.
    The Father is the source of all the riches of reality.
    The Son is the embodiment of all those riches.
    The Holy Spirit is the flow, the transmission of those riches into the believers.

"All that the Father has is Mine" shows the Father as the source and the Son as the channel, the course.

" ... for this reason I have said that He [the Spirit of reality] receives of Mine and will declare it to you" shows the Holy Spirit as the transmission of all the riches from the Father as the source, embodied in the Son as the channel, dispensed to the believers as the transmission.

What God is in His Trinity cannot be separated from His eternal purpose to dispense His life from the Father, in the Son, as the Spirit into man.

A helpful analogy is to imagine the power plant off in the distance. It is the source of the electrical power. The cables connect the source over the miles to the house. And the flow, the voltage transmits the electrical power from the source of the power plant over the cables as the course [by] the flow of the current into the house.

This limited analogy conveys the operation and economy of the Three-one God. He is a Trinity intrinsically and economically for His plan to dispense eternal life into His creature man.

I do not claim this illustration or any man made illustration is perfect. But it helps.

" He [Holy Spirit] will glorify Me [the Son] , for He [Holy Spirit] will receive of Mine [the Son] and will declare it to you.

All that the Father
    [Father of course] has is Mine [the Son] ; for this reason I [the Son] have said that He [the Holy Spirit] receives of Mine [the Son] and will declare it to you."
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 14:34
    Originally posted by sonship
    I appreciate your civility and fellowship.

I believe what God [b]IS
    in the Bible can never be disassociated with what God does in His eternal purpose.

What God IS in His being cannot, in the Bible, ever be unrelated to His operation, His plan to carry out His purpose.

Here Jesus is speaking about the coming of the Holy Spir ...[text shortened]... [/b] [the Holy Spirit] receives of Mine [the Son] and will declare it to you." [/b]
    Another beautiful passage.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 14:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow, way to miss his point entirely.
    Then you give it a try......but without the usual insults. Such a model christian attitude you continue to display.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree