1. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 05:14
    I do not see any rebutting in any of these replies.

Just a lot of accusations & flexing -- the smoke & mirrors of the debate world!
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 05:39
    @philokalia said
    I do not see any rebutting in any of these replies.

Just a lot of accusations & flexing -- the smoke & mirrors of the debate world!
    Would you please answer my question regarding the building?
    Thanks.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 05:41
    @wolfgang59 said
    Would you please answer my question regarding the building?
    Thanks.
    Why not just take a look at a Wikipedia article instead of bothering me about it?

I think what you are doing may actually constitute a form of harassment.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 05:43
    @philokalia said
    Why not just take a look at a Wikipedia article instead of bothering me about it?

Well I have looked at the wiki entry and others and cannot see what you mean.
    I just wanted clarification - nothing else. I'm not harassing you.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 05:45
    @philokalia said
    Any specific questions yuo want to ask about this?
    Well ... yes actually. ...
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 06:28
    @wolfgang59 said
    Well I have looked at the wiki entry and others and cannot see what you mean.
    I just wanted clarification - nothing else. I'm not harassing you.
    This would help indicate what I mean by it having a special place in Orthodoxy -- from the Wikipedia page on the Hagia Sophia:

Built by the eastern Roman emperor Justinian I as the Christian cathedral of Constantinople for the state church of the Roman Empire between 532 and 537, the church was then the world's largest interior space and among the first to employ a fully pendentive dome. It is considered the epitome of Byzantine architecture[4] and is said to have "changed the history of architecture".[5] The building was designed by the Greek geometers Isidore of Miletus and Anthemius of Tralles.[6] The present Justinianic building was the third church of the same name to occupy the site, the prior one having been destroyed in the Nika riots. Being the episcopal see of the ecumenical patriarch of Constantinople, it remained the world's largest cathedral for nearly a thousand years, until Seville Cathedral was completed in 1520. Beginning with subsequent Byzantine architecture, Hagia Sophia became the paradigmatic Orthodox church form and its architectural style was emulated by Ottoman mosques a thousand years later.[7] It has been described as "holding a unique position in the Christian world",[7] and architectural and cultural icon of Byzantine and Eastern Orthodox civilization.[8][9][10][7]
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 07:26
    @philokalia said

Why don’t you alert his post like you did the last person who asked you a question you didn’t like?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 07:44

Removed by poster

9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 07:46
    @philokalia said
    Would you describe yourself as being opposed to people harassing other posters?
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 09:22
    @fmf said
    Would you describe yourself as being opposed to people harassing other posters?
    Depends if they've mutually agreed to trial by flame war or not.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 10:01
    @divegeester said
    Slavery is moral if it is humane and biblical.

It’s ok to beat children.

Spiritual salvation is by personal effort.

Right...
    God said all these things which you are condemning. This is not any better than those who try to justify sin because they think they know better than God.

1. Slavery came about because one group faced a fate worse than being a slave. Slavery was the more humane option.

2. God recommended that children be disciplined and corrected and brought up learning to keep the precepts of God, and sometimes that means spanking.

3. Salvation is through Christ. His death [the free gift to all of mankind], paid for the sins of the world. However to benefit from this gift one must keep the commandments and obey the teachings of Christ. Your doctrine that your profession of faith with your mouth gives you eternal life is nonsensical foolishness' promoted by those who choose not to keep the commandments.

Your doctrine and thinking is not of God, but is tainted by the flawed teachings of fallible men.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 13:39
    @philokalia said
    Depends if they've mutually agreed to trial by flame war or not.
    Some of the posters you have backed as being "great" and "the best" have harassed people without provocation or without there being "mutual agreement". You have ostentatiously applauded drunks and abusive trolls. You have, indeed, singled them out for praise, while browbeating genuine contributors for your own spurious chip-on-your-shoulder reasons. You have no credibility on this matter.

And now you are here accusing wolfgang59 of harassing you simply because you don't like his on-topic question? I ask the same question as divegeester asked you: are you going to try to get wolfgang59 banned for asking you a question you didn't like?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 15:47
    @philokalia said
    To correct a misunderstandings:

My post dealt with it by naming some circumstances in which it is the best choice among available options.
    There is no misunderstanding; you are clearly a slavery apologist.

Just be forthright about it instead of all this weaselling.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 15:49
    @fmf said
    Some of the posters you have backed as being "great" and "the best" have harassed people without provocation or without there being "mutual agreement". You have ostentatiously applauded drunks and abusive trolls. You have, indeed, singled them out for praise, while browbeating genuine contributors for your own spurious chip-on-your-shoulder reasons. You have no credibility on thi ...[text shortened]... asked you: are you going to try to get wolfgang59 banned for asking you a question you didn't like?
    And the only sound heard was philokalia’s intellectual honesty King toppling over.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 15:50
    @rajk999 said
    God said all these things which you are condemning. This is not any better than those who try to justify sin because they think they know better than God.

1. Slavery came about because one group faced a fate worse than being a slave. Slavery was the more humane option.

2. God recommended that children be disciplined and corrected and brought up learning to keep the pre ...[text shortened]...

Your doctrine and thinking is not of God, but is tainted by the flawed teachings of fallible men.
    I’m aware of your interpretations, I’m just explaining the consequences for you in terms of your credibility in this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree