1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 18:02
    @divegeester said
    I’m aware of your interpretations, I’m just explaining the consequences for you in terms of your credibility in this forum.
    I quote the bible so I'm in good standing. I think we have established that there are large parts of the bible you dont like, dont understand or dont care about. Judging from some recent posts seems like its your credibility in question.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 18:071 edit
    @rajk999 said
    I quote the bible so I'm in good standing. I think we have established that there are large parts of the bible you dont like, dont understand or dont care about. Judging from some recent posts seems like its your credibility in question.
    The JWs “quote the bible”, atheists “quote the bible”. We all “quote the bible”.

There are lots of parts of the bible I either don’t like or don’t understand. If, in your opinion, that makes me an unfit Christian then so be it.

I don’t condone the stoning to death of anyone, let alone someone for their sexual orientation.

I don’t condone the beating of children.

I don’t agree with justification by works.

You condone and agree with these things because you are biased and ridged in the beliefs you have been brought up with.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 20:24
    @divegeester said
    The JWs “quote the bible”, atheists “quote the bible”. We all “quote the bible”.

There are lots of parts of the bible I either don’t like or don’t understand. If, in your opinion, that makes me an unfit Christian then so be it.

I don’t condone the stoning to death of anyone, let alone someone for their sexual orientation.

I don’t condone the beating of childr ...[text shortened]... ee with these things because you are biased and ridged in the beliefs you have been brought up with.
    Says the man who read Genesis 1 and 2, many times I would imagine, but yet claims that Adam and Eve did not eat any food. I think your first order of business is to learn to read. lol 😀
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 20:441 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Says the man who read Genesis 1 and 2, many times I would imagine, but yet claims that Adam and Eve did not eat any food. I think your first order of business is to learn to read. lol 😀
    If my error in forgetting that text provides you with solace due making yourself look like a total idiot in the child beating thread then knock yourself out.

I just made a mistake, you believe crappy stuff.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 21:35
    @philokalia said
    This would help indicate what I mean by it having a special place in Orthodoxy -- from the Wikipedia page on the Hagia Sophia:
    its architectural style was emulated by Ottoman mosques a thousand years later.[7] It has been described as "holding a unique position in the Christian world",[7] and architectural and cultural icon of Byzantine and Eastern Orthodox civilization.
    All I get from the wiki quote is its architectural significance and
    It has been described as "holding a unique position in the Christian world"
    with nothing to back up that statement.
    And it doesn't support your statement of it having a special place to orthodoxy.

So unless you have anything else we'll just take your bold statement as
    your own uninformed opinion.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 01:52
    @fmf said
    Some of the posters you have backed as being "great" and "the best" have harassed people without provocation or without there being "mutual agreement". You have ostentatiously applauded drunks and abusive trolls. You have, indeed, singled them out for praise, while browbeating genuine contributors for your own spurious chip-on-your-shoulder reasons. You have no credibility on thi ...[text shortened]... asked you: are you going to try to get wolfgang59 banned for asking you a question you didn't like?
    (1) I applauded the flame warriors that engaged resident trolls, correct. And you know, a flame warrior's job is a thankless task, and these men & women have to do things that are not very defensible, but in their context, they provide us the lulz, and put the trolls ontheir toes.

It's part of the game of internet posting, my firend.

Don't get too bent about it.

(2) LOL, no, Wolfgang is a nice poster. He even corrected me on a point over in the Debates forum, and not even a small one -- I respect him.

However, I do not want to deal with these pestering, repetitive questions and flexes that lead nowhere.

I already have to deal with that from enough posters.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 01:55
    @wolfgang59 said
    All I get from the wiki quote is its architectural significance and
    It has been described as "holding a unique position in the Christian world"
    with nothing to back up that statement.
    And it doesn't support your statement of it having a special place to orthodoxy.

So unless you have anything else we'll just take your bold statement as
    your own uninformed opinion.
    Then you did not read the last half of the quote:

Being the episcopal see of the ecumenical patriarch of Constantinople, it remained the world's largest cathedral for nearly a thousand years, until Seville Cathedral was completed in 1520. Beginning with subsequent Byzantine architecture, Hagia Sophia became the paradigmatic Orthodox church form and its architectural style was emulated by Ottoman mosques a thousand years later.[7] It has been described as "holding a unique position in the Christian world",[7] and architectural and cultural icon of Byzantine and Eastern Orthodox civilization.[8][9][10][7]

The Ecumenical Patriarch is my patriarch, by the way. That would rightfully be His All Holiness' seat.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 06:371 edit
    @philokalia said
    (1) I applauded the flame warriors that engaged resident trolls, correct. And you know, a flame warrior's job is a thankless task, and these men & women have to do things that are not very defensible, but in their context, they provide us the lulz, and put the trolls ontheir toes.
    You have no credibility on this matter. The guy you lionized as the best poster on this forum accused me of raping a woman who had a child by me as a result. He made paedophile jokes. He addressed the same-worded post at the same poster 10-12 times a day for weeks. What "flame wars"? I never once "flamed" him. For three months his three targets did not even engage him and yet the same raw abuse continued regardless and even became more and more visceral. This you are - and were, at that time - fully aware of, because I told you. And here you are calling ME a troll? Really? And you are accusing one of the regular posters of "harassing" you?
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 08:47
    Calm down .

You are freaking out again about a years old conflict that is irrelevant to everyone here -- this is standard internet play.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 08:54
    @philokalia said
    Calm down .

You are freaking out again about a years old conflict that is irrelevant to everyone here -- this is standard internet play.
    Once again you’ve been seen through and outsmarted.

I applaud your resilience.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 09:22
    @philokalia said
    Then you did not read the last half of the quote:

Being the episcopal see of the ecumenical patriarch of Constantinople, it remained the world's largest cathedral for nearly a thousand years, until Seville Cathedral was completed in 1520. Beginning with subsequent Byzantine architecture, Hagia Sophia became the paradigmatic Orthodox church form and ...[text shortened]... itectural and cultural icon of Byzantine and Eastern Orthodox civilization[/b].[8][9][10][7]
    I did.
    Nothing about importance to Orthodoxy.

The importance of Hagia Sophia seems to be more architectural.
    What am I missing?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 10:211 edit
    @philokalia said
    It's not a "year's old conflict". What you continue to say - to this day - about one of most abusive trolls this site has ever seen - a poster that you supported - is all about you, now, today, and not about him. It's about you.

You have been dodging posts related to the Hagia Sophia. You had posts with questions related to the Hagia Sophia issue deleted, someone was forum-banned for asking you a question related to the Hagia Sophia issue, and now you have accused a poster of harassment for asking you a question related to the Hagia Sophia issue.

This is all related to the Hagia Sophia issue.

Your odd behaviour and demeanour seem to have something, specifically, to do with the Hagia Sophia.

So it is relevant.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:00
    @fmf said
    It's not a "year's old conflict". What you continue to say - to this day - about one of most abusive trolls this site has ever seen - a poster that you supported - is all about you, now, today, and not about him. It's about you.

You have been dodging posts related to the Hagia Sophia. You had posts with questions related to the Hagia Sophia issue deleted, someone was forum-ba ...[text shortened]... d demeanour seem to have something, specifically, to do with the Hagia Sophia.

So it is relevant.
    Oh, because I mentioned that repetivie, trolling posts would get reported, I am a hypocrite...?

... Because I cheered on a guy who trolled trolls?

Yeah, not that persuasive.

I also do not really care about this -- but it's always a delight to see you work yourself into a furor over the memory of the legendary Romans.

So, please do keep going, even if the parallels aren't there.

I don't mind.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:01
    @wolfgang59 said
    I did.
    Nothing about importance to Orthodoxy.

The importance of Hagia Sophia seems to be more architectural.
    What am I missing?
    It was the seat of the Ecumenical Patriarch for centuries, and lots of glorious Church history transpired there.

It is also, of course, a completely gorgeous building.

I guess I understand your perspective if you insist that [i]a building is just a building; a building can be nothing more than a building.

Do you feel the same about the White House -- if that was taken over, would it be unimportant?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:49
    @philokalia said
    Oh, because I mentioned that repetivie, trolling posts would get reported, I am a hypocrite...?

... Because I cheered on a guy who trolled trolls?

Yeah, not that persuasive.

I also do not really care about this -- but it's always a delight to see you work yourself into a furor over the memory of the legendary Romans.

So, please do keep going, even if the parallels aren't there.

I don't mind.
    There was nothing legendary about Romans.

He was a tragic figure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree