1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 14:40
    The Health Risks of Gay Sex

JOHN R. DIGGS, JR., M.D.

As a physician, it is my duty to assess behaviors for their impact on health and wellbeing. When something is beneficial, such as exercise, good nutrition, or adequate sleep, it is my duty to recommend it. Likewise, when something is harmful, such as smoking, overeating, alcohol or drug abuse, and homosexual sex, it is my duty to discourage it.

is Dr. R. Diggs a homophobe, because as a doctor he discourages homosexual sex as being a health risk? Some on the forum like to think so, why?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 15:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    is Dr. R. Diggs a homophobe, because as a doctor he discourages homosexual sex as being a health risk?
    Yes.

Some on the forum like to think so, why?
    Its kind of obvious. 'Homosexual sex' covers everything from kissing, to more intimate actions. To categorize them all as a 'health risk' simply because the two parties are of the same sex, whilst saying nothing of the health risks of heterosexual sex, is clearly being homophobic.
    After all, heterosexual sex is probably the leading cause of infectious disease transmission on the planet baring the flu.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 15:052 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes.

[b]Some on the forum like to think so, why?

Its kind of obvious. 'Homosexual sex' covers everything from kissing, to more intimate actions. To categorize them all as a 'health risk' simply because the two parties are of the same sex, whilst saying nothing of the health risks of heterosexual sex, is clearly being homophobic.
    After all, hetero ...[text shortened]... probably the leading cause of infectious disease transmission on the planet baring the flu.[/b]
    nope, he does not mention anything yet in the preliminaries with regard to what behavior he considers as harmful and to jump to conclusions is no basis for assuming that he is being homophobic, its ludicrous to think so. Has he demonstrated a hatred for or an intolerance of gays, nope. You fail. Please look up the meaning of the term homophobia.
  4. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 15:08
    Yes...he is a homophobe because he singles out homosexual sex.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 15:152 edits
    Originally posted by hakima
    Yes...he is a homophobe because he singles out homosexual sex.
    nope, the whole tenure of his subject is homosexual sexual activity and the health risks, he has not demonstrated any intolerance nor hatred for gays in the process. If for example i attempt to do a study on the symbiotic relationship between Nazis and Jews, does that make me an anti-semite? Hardly, it only means that I am researching a specific field of enquiry.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:09
    nope, the whole tenure of his subject is homosexual sexual activity and the health risks, he has not demonstrated any intolerance nor hatred for gays in the process. If for example i attempt to do a study on the symbiotic relationship between Nazis and Jews, does that make me an anti-semite? Hardly, it only means that I am researching a specific field of enquiry.
    Nazis already? Surely you should have waited for page two to unleash that little tidbit?
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:10
    The Health Risks of Gay Sex

JOHN R. DIGGS, JR., M.D.

As a physician, it is my duty to assess behaviors for their impact on health and wellbeing. When something is beneficial, such as exercise, good nutrition, or adequate sleep, it is my duty to recommend it. Likewise, when something is harmful, such as smoking, overeating, alcohol or drug abuse ...[text shortened]... r he discourages homosexual sex as being a health risk? Some on the forum like to think so, why?
    It is homophobic to condemn homosexual sex when the practices being described as unhealthy are not exclusive to homosexuals.

His analysis focuses on:

1 Anal sex
    2 Oral anal
    3 Sexualising human waste
    4 Fisting
    5 Sadism

If you think that homosexual sex is characterised by 2-5, then you really need to get out and meet some gay men. I know a number of gay men who do not practise any of 1 to 5. The view that homosexual sex is somehow defined in these terms is inaccurate and prejudiced.

Even if it were, all of 1 to 5 are practised by heterosexual people.

So why does this doctor focus on the homosexual angle, rather than the specific practices?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:11
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Nazis already? Surely you should have waited for page two to unleash that little tidbit?
    it was a mere example. would you prefer spider man and doctor octopus? 😉
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:13
    it was a mere example. would you prefer spider man and doctor octopus? 😉
    Yes, quite frankly.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:191 edit
    Yes, quite frankly.
    ok, ill change it if i can 🙂 sorry its too late. 🙁
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:231 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    It is homophobic to condemn homosexual sex when the practices being described as unhealthy are not exclusive to homosexuals.

His analysis focuses on:

1 Anal sex
    2 Oral anal
    3 Sexualising human waste
    4 Fisting
    5 Sadism

If you think that homosexual sex is characterised by 2-5, then you really need to get out and meet some gay men. I know a ...[text shortened]... e.

So why does this doctor focus on the homosexual angle, rather than the specific practices?

Perhaps because his study was dealing with homosexual sexual practices, yah think? Now i have cut you quite a bit of slack on these forums Lord Vader, but when you attempt to state that because a doctor of medicine attempts to define certain practices which are practised by homosexuals and then intimate that because he does not include the whole populace (he does in fact draw comparisons with heterosexual behavior) then I must take exception. He sphere of research is homosexual sexual practices and the health risks, not sexual health risks generically, for as he points out, because of the nature of homosexuality, some of the aliments are virtually unknown in heterosexuals, making a much broader study absolutely pointless. He has neither demonstrated a hatred for nor an intolerance of gays. Once again, his field of enquiry is not sexual activities of the populace in general, but that which is practised by homosexuals and if you read his study, peppered throughout it are references to the populace in general even though this does not encompass his field of enquiry.
  12. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:23
    ok, ill change it if i can 🙂 sorry its too late. 🙁
    That's too bad. Exploring the nature of the relationship between Spider-Man and his criminal counterparts would have been infinitely more interesting than what you are otherwise proposing to discuss.
  13. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:25
    That's too bad. Exploring the nature of the relationship between Spider-Man and his criminal counterparts would have been infinitely more interesting than what you are otherwise proposing to discuss.
    Wonder if Jesus would have made it in Marvel or been consigned to DC for eternity?
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:271 edit
    http://www.freewebs.com/palmettoumoja/John%20R.%20Diggs's%20lies.pdf

Another perspective on Dr Diggs.

Interestingly, though Dr Diggs acknowledges that all the practises are not exclusive to gay men, he just states they are more common among gay people.

So, if I discovered that a greater proportion of the world's black population practised unsafe sex compared to the white population, he would be happy for me to write an article about the risks of 'black sex'.

Somehow I suspect he might be the first to jump up and down about my distorted and prejudiced view.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:27
    Perhaps, but i find it quite interesting to see the reasons why persons are termed homophobes when they have neither demonstrated an intolerance of nor a hatred of gays, in fact, its a revelation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree