The Hoax of the Missing Link

The Hoax of the Missing Link

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Ok. So "science" is totally agreed on the timeframe for the emergence of man? What was it again?
It has to be within 10,000 years in my opinion.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Jun 11

Ok. So "science" is totally agreed on the timeframe for the emergence of man? What was it again?
Science is fairly well agreed on the emergence of man. It was a gradual process. You can read more about it on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

But a lack of a specific timeframe or exact details is not equivalent to your statement:
.... problems explaining how ape turned into man.
Your statement strongly suggests there is some reason why scientists should doubt that man could have evolved in the given timeframe, and you propose E.T.s as a 'solution' to this 'problem'.
No such problem exists.

You may believe in E.T.'s if you like, but please don't lie about science to try and rationalize your beliefs.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Jun 11

The "missing link" is the transformation of ape into man ,(right?).
The religous people think they're onto something here because science has had problems explaining how ape turned into man (in such a short time). I think there was "oiutside" forces that sped up a "natural"" process.
I think E.T.'s were involved.

The E.T. explanation relates to ...[text shortened]...
It bridges a gap for me, but leaves me with more questions than answers, admittandly.
E.T.?

How exactly does the ET explanation relate to anything scientific?!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Science is fairly well agreed on the emergence of man. It was a gradual process. You can read more about it on Wikipedia:

But a lack of a specific timeframe or exact details is not equivalent to your statement:
[b].... problems explaining how ape turned into man.

Your statement strongly suggests there ...[text shortened]... .T.'s if you like, but please don't lie about science to try and rationalize your beliefs.[/b]
Atheist are very stubborn people, who do not like to admit they are wrong.
Like in this video where Dawkins must devise methods to defend the
indefensible and unwittingly admits that man did not evolve from apes.

&NR=1

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Atheist are very stubborn people, who do not like to admit they are wrong.
Like in this video where Dawkins must devise methods to defend the
indefensible and unwittingly admits that man did not evolve from apes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zal1XW88HQQ&NR=1
Are you for real or is this an act?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 11
2 edits

The "missing link" is the transformation of ape into man ,(right?).
The religous people think they're onto something here because science has had problems explaining how ape turned into man (in such a short time). I think there was "oiutside" forces that sped up a "natural"" process.
I think E.T.'s were involved.

The E.T. explanation relates to ...[text shortened]...
It bridges a gap for me, but leaves me with more questions than answers, admittandly.
Sounds like he wants fossils from eastern Africa older than 200,000 BCE. I'm sure we've got those somewhere. No need for ETs.

EDIT - Here are some:

http://anthro.palomar.edu/hominid/australo_1.htm

The immediate ancestors of humans were members of the genus Australopithecus . The australopithecines (or australopiths) were intermediate between apes and people...

Over the last decade, there have been a number of important fossil discoveries in Africa of what may be very early transitional hominins, or proto-hominins. These creatures lived about the time of the divergence from our common hominid ancestor with chimpanzees and bonobos, during the late Miocene and early Pliocene Epochs.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jun 11

[b].... problems explaining how ape turned into man.

Your statement strongly suggests there ...[text shortened]... .T.'s if you like, but please don't lie about science to try and rationalize your beliefs.[/b]
Oooookay. If I am lying , it is not intentionally.

I thought science had problems explaining the emergence of the human brain. (ie, the brain being exeptionally large due t it growing so fast).

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
E.T.?

How exactly does the ET explanation relate to anything scientific?!
How does it not?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Sounds like he wants fossils from eastern Africa older than 200,000 BCE. I'm sure we've got those somewhere. No need for ETs.

EDIT - Here are some:

http://anthro.palomar.edu/hominid/australo_1.htm

The immediate ancestors of humans were members of the genus Australopithecus . The australopithecines (or australopiths) were intermediate b ...[text shortened]... ancestor with chimpanzees and bonobos, during the late Miocene and early Pliocene Epochs.
Prolly no need for E.T.'s, silly me. I will just have to dismiss a lot of what I've experienced and blame it on the drugs,eh?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
It has to be within 10,000 years in my opinion.
10,000 years is the beginning of civilization, not everything.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 11

Prolly no need for E.T.'s, silly me. I will just have to dismiss a lot of what I've experienced and blame it on the drugs,eh?
I don't know what you've experienced but most people I know who hear voices in their heads and have outlandish sounding ideas of where these voices come from are schizophrenic - and I know quite a lot of them. I'm not just spouting stereotypes.

I don't know what drugs you're talking about but I recommend avoiding marijuana and hallucinogens.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't know what you've experienced but most people I know who hear voices in their heads and have outlandish sounding ideas of where these voices come from are schizophrenic - and I know quite a lot of them. I'm not just spouting stereotypes.

I don't know what drugs you're talking about but I recommend avoiding marijuana and hallucinogens.
The drug thing was a joke. I know the difference between different types of voices. There are no voices telling me what to do, and for the most part there are no voices at all.
I will just have to hold on to my crazy idea that E.T.'s have telepathically communicated to me because it does not seem to do the forum any good.(Promise). Still, in the intrests of telling the truth, I find it a significant thing that I have had these experiences which were definately not just "trips" ....

Cape Town

Moves
24 Jun 11

Oooookay. If I am lying , it is not intentionally.
Sorry if that came out as an accusation. It was not intended that way. Its not always easy to get across what I mean in the medium of posts.

I thought science had problems explaining the emergence of the human brain. (ie, the brain being exeptionally large due t it growing so fast).
You thought incorrectly.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jun 11

Sorry if that came out as an accusation. It was not intended that way. Its not always easy to get across what I mean in the medium of posts.

[b]I thought science had problems explaining the emergence of the human brain. (ie, the brain being exeptionally large due t it growing so fast).

You thought incorrectly.[/b]
If what you say is true than evolution is Truly amazing for having produced a mammal such as ourselves, with our big brains that just get us into trouble. To produce people like me, who are too intelligent to be doing too much and too stupid for trying to rationalize it. Or something like that ...🙂

Cape Town

Moves
24 Jun 11

Still, in the intrests of telling the truth, I find it a significant thing that I have had these experiences which were definately not just "trips" ....
I realise that they were not just "trips" and were very real to you, but you should seriously consider the possibility that they are a psychological phenomenon and not evidence of the existence of E.T. Certainly from a scientific standpoint it is more likely.
What concerns me the most is not that you hear voices, but that are ready to believe just about anything even when it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.