1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 13:061 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    What part of my being "is not functioning"?
    Where is my "God contacting organ" and how do you know it is dead?
    What part of my being "is not functioning"?
    Where is my "God contacting organ" and how do you know it is dead?

Yes, we are born into this world with a deadened comatose human spirit.
    It is the spirit of man that can touch God directly.

The mind cannot touch God directly. The mind is for the interpreting what is going on in the deeper "organ" the human spirit. But you cannot find God in the mind.
    You have to use your "praying organ" a deeper part of your being than your human SOUL.

How do I know this?
    I only know it by revelation from God's word.

When Jesus said let the dead bury their own dead, it only makes sense if some portion of the physically living people is dead.

Luke 9:60

" But He [Jesus] said to him, Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and announce the kingdom of God everywheree."

Physically alive.
    Even alive in soul.
    Yet DEAD spiritually.

John 3:3,4, 7

"Jesus answered and said to him, Truly truly, I say to you, Unless one is born anew [or again], he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born can he? (v.4)

That which is born of the flesh is flesh,and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (v.6)
    Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born anew." (v.7)

The deadness of the human spirit is because of it being separated from God.

Here Jesus speaks of people down through the ages who somehow HEAR the voice of the Son of God in the pages of the Bible. Those who hear will be born anew and will spiritually be made alive.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 13:081 edit
    " Truly truly, I say to you, He who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life, and does not come into judgment [or condemnation] but has passed out of death into life.

Truly, truly, I say to you, An hour is coming, and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live." (John 5:24,25)

Physically alive to hear.
    Alive even in the human soul to hear.
    But needing to be made alive in the human spirit.

A man needs to be made righteous through the justification of faith in order that his innermost being, his human spirit, can receive Christ the life of God.

" But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the [human] spirit is [divine] life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10)

I am justified, forgiven in Christ's redemption.
    Through faith I receive the gift of Christ's salvation.
    My human spirit is brought out of its comatose state and made alive in God.

" ... the spirit is life because of righteousness."

Here's an good way to pray about this:

"Lord Jesus, I no longer want to be separated from God. Lord Jesus, take me home Lord, I'm tired of this deadness, this deadened spiritual state. Lord Jesus cleanse me of every sin according to Your promise of full forgiveness. Lord Jesus come into my heart and make my spirit life because of righteousness. Thank you Lord Jesus."

Faith is powerful because Jesus Christ is FAITHFULL.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 15:51
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [b] " Truly truly, I say to you, He who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life, and does not come into judgment [or condemnation] but has passed out of death into life.

Truly, truly, I say to you, An hour is coming, and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live." (John 5:24,2 ...[text shortened]... sus."

[b] Faith
    is powerful because Jesus Christ is FAITHFULL. [/b]
    Christ is in many people. All those who live righteously and do good works have God and Christ in them. Verbal proclamations are meaningless to God.

A Christian may proclaim Christ and not follow His commandments
    An atheist may proclaim nothing but follow Christ commandments.

God is not a fool and cannot be mocked by meaningless proclamations of faith without works.

In the end those who do good works will enter the Kingdom of God, and those who do nothing will be destroyed.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 16:01
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Christ is in many people. All those who live righteously and do good works have God and Christ in them. Verbal proclamations are meaningless to God.

A Christian may proclaim Christ and not follow His commandments
    An atheist may proclaim nothing but follow Christ commandments.

God is not a fool and cannot be mocked by meaningless proclamations of fait ...[text shortened]... ose who do good works will enter the Kingdom of God, and those who do nothing will be destroyed.
    All those who do good works have the holy spirit?

Do they do good works all of the time? Some of the time? Once? Constantly?

What do you mean by do good works? Once a week?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:15
    Originally posted by @eladar
    All those who do good works have the holy spirit?

Do they do good works all of the time? Some of the time? Once? Constantly?

What do you mean by do good works? Once a week?
    Jesus laid down the law pertaining to who enters the Kingdom of God.

Whether they do it all the time, some of the time etc etc is the preoccupation of a fool
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:191 edit
    Jesus laid down the law pertaining to who enters the Kingdom of God.

Whether they do it all the time, some of the time etc etc is the preoccupation of a fool
    I was not asking about what Jesus said, I was asking what you believe.

Do you believe once in a lifetime is enough? How often must a person do a good work to be considered someone who does goid works? Is the a time window? Wometime in the past month?

What are your thoughts?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:34
    I was not asking about what Jesus said, I was asking what you believe.

Do you believe once in a lifetime is enough? How often must a person do a good work to be considered someone who does goid works? Is the a time window? Wometime in the past month?

What are your thoughts?
    Dumb question. Don't ask it again
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:59
    Dumb question. Don't ask it again
    Once it is.

Do one good work, have eternal life. Gospel according to raj.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 18:00
    Once it is.

No one believes that. Why waste everyone's time posting it?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 18:03
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    No one believes that. Why waste everyone's time posting it?
    Oh, yeah, plural, twice it is.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 00:17
    Once it is.

Someone with the Spirit of Christ in them would not ask such questions.
    Only a Son of Satan would question the teachings of Christ.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 00:29
    Someone with the Spirit of Christ in them would not ask such questions.
    Only a Son of Satan would question the teachings of Christ.
    Gospel according to raj.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 00:3810 edits
    Rajk999's heresy -

Verbal proclamations are meaningless to God.

Words are important enough to God such that on the day of judgment every CARELESS or IDLE word men will give account to Him for.

"And I say to you that every idle [or careless] word which men shall speak, they will render an account concerning it in the day of judgment.

For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned." (Matt. 12:36,37)

Regardless of what Rajk999 teaches WORDS, even "idle words" ... "careless words" are a concerned to God.

Now it is true that one's life and one's words God wants to correspond to each other.
    But this is not going so far as the heretical view that "verbal pronouncements are meaningless of God."

And here is another indication that verbal pronouncements are meaningful to God Who has an infallible recording of our whole lives.

" ... Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees which is hypocrisy.

But there is nothing covered up which will not be revealed, and hidden which will not come to be known.

Therefore what you have said in the darkness
    [verbal proclamations] will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken [verbal proclamations] in the ear in the private rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops." (See Luke 12:1-3)

For this reason I have asked Jesus Christ Who will judge all men, to wash away the filth and wickedness of my sins, including sinful words - "verbal proclamations" in His precious redeeming blood.

Words being important to God does not imply that deeds are not important to God.
    Rajk999 is ever teaching in fantasy land of a false dichotomy -

14. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:49
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Rajk999's heresy -

Words are important enough to God such that on the day of judgment every CARELESS or IDLE word men will give account to Him for.

[b] "And I say to you that every idle [or careless] word which men shall speak, they will render an accou ...[text shortened]... asy land of a false dichotomy -

[quote] Verbal proclamations are meaningless to God.
    All who live righteously are counted as God's people.

All who live sinfully are not of God.

Proclaim whatever you like. God does not know you if you violate his commanents.

Read Romans 2.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 02:141 edit
    All who live righteously are counted as God's people.

All who live sinfully are not of God.

Proclaim whatever you like. God does not know you if you violate his commanents.

Read Romans 2.
    What percentage of one's day must be lived righteously? All of it? Over 50 percent?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree