The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Are you denying Gen:6:9 described Noah as righteous?!
Romans 3:21

But now, apart from the Law, the righteousness of God has been revealed, as attested by the Law and the Prophets. And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker

But now, apart from the Law, the righteousness of God has been revealed, as attested by the Law and the Prophets. And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...
You have merely highlighted the inconsistency of the bible.

Well done.

E

Moves
25 Sep 17

Righteousness by following the Law is the Old Testament while righteousness by Jesus is NT.

In both you can't be righteous without love, as defined in the Bible.

Raj gets confused on this point because Paul discusses both.

Moves
25 Sep 17

Well done.
More like I've highlighted your and Raj's inconsistent understanding of the Bible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Sep 17
1 edit

Well done.
Actually it is your views that are not lining up to scripture that is being highlighted. Trust me if you draw a line by your views, and it is disagreeing with the level used, your wrong not the level. I don't care how right you think you are

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Actually it is your views that are not lining up to scripture that is being highlighted. Trust me if you draw a line by your views, and it is disagreeing with the level used, your wrong not the level. I don't care how right you think you are
How can referencing a biblical passage not be lining up with scripture?

It was said no man was righteous. I gave a verse that clearly disputes this, and could provide others.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Righteousness by following the Law is the Old Testament while righteousness by Jesus is NT.

In both you can't be righteous without love, as defined in the Bible.

Raj gets confused on this point because Paul discusses both.
Paul discusses all the variations and therefore all are correct.

A man can enter the Kingdom of God through faith in Christ alone.
Jews can enter the Kingdom of God through following the works of the law of Moses
Gentiles can enter the Kingdom of God by following their conscience [the works of the law written in their hearts] which guides them to do good works and live righteously.

Nobody however enters the Kingdom of God by living sinful lives.
God / Christ will judge all people.

E

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
Paul discusses all the variations and therefore all are correct.

A man can enter the Kingdom of God through faith in Christ alone.
Jews can enter the Kingdom of God through following the works of the law of Moses
Gentiles can enter the Kingdom of God by following their conscience [the works of the law written in their hearts] which guides them to do go ...[text shortened]... y however enters the Kingdom of God by living sinful lives.
God / Christ will judge all people.
You got part of that right, but thr undefinrd term of sinful life keeps things ambiguous.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
You got part of that right, but thr undefinrd term of sinful life keeps things ambiguous.
If sin is ambiguous to you then you have a problem. I cannot help you.
Matt 5, 6 and 7, Jesus lectured at great detail on the subject.
Read that or Pray and ask God for help in that regard.

Moves
25 Sep 17

It was said no man was righteous. I gave a verse that clearly disputes this, and could provide others.
Read up a little on 'imputed righteousness'.

Moves
25 Sep 17

Im flattering nobody. I am promoting good works and righteous living.
You are promoting mouth worship and lip service to God.
Those who follow you will reap eternal death.
Were you by any chance raised Catholic?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Sep 17
1 edit

Read up a little on 'imputed righteousness'.
Read up a little. (Full stop).

Maybe start with N.T Wright:

'The "righteousness of God", referring to God's (the judge's) faithfulness to the covenant relationship, can be neither imputed nor imparted to anybody but refers only to his role as judge. "Righteousness from God" is roughly equivalent to "vindication", meaning that God is pronouncing that particular party to be correct/vindicated/righteous/acquitted in their dispute with the other party. The dispute in question in Christian theology is between those of faith (in God's promises: the covenant, the Messiah), and "the wicked," meaning everyone else. Paul posited that the people of such faith are vindicated when Messiah returns, being declared "righteous" (or in other words, vindicated for their stance), which is exactly the meaning of the Biblical term "justified."

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Sep 17

None are except God makes righteous.

E

Moves
25 Sep 17
1 edit

If sin is ambiguous to you then you have a problem. I cannot help you.
Matt 5, 6 and 7, Jesus lectured at great detail on the subject.
Read that or Pray and ask God for help in that regard.
It is ambiguous for all.

Without a good definition your words are meaningless.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Sep 17
1 edit

"This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God." Gen:6:9

😲
Righteous among man the isn't the same thing as before God, walking faithfully as a man, isn't saying he was sinless as Christ either.