1. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 17:281 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The Holy Spirit is the form in which what Christ has attained and obtained can be made available and effective subjectively in His believers.
    Can you please say that in English?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 19:132 edits
    Originally posted by @pianoman1
    Can you please say that in English?
    Jesus was God become a man.
    Jesus accomplished some things.

For example, Jesus said that He overcame the world, meaning all that the world could throw at Him to stop, discourage, oppress, suppress, put down, oppose, and otherwise fight against Him, He overcame.

" These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have affliction, but take courage, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

We can kind of "download" the victory of Jesus over the world, and apply His overcoming Spirit, to our situations. We can access the overcoming divine life of Jesus through the Holy Spirit and apply Him to our situations.

The Apostle John spoke of this to his audience, that the Christ that was within the believers was greater than the evil spirit that is in the world.

" You are of God, little children; and you have overcome them because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." (1 John 3:5)

Jesus is :
    1.) available
    2.) applicable
    3.) downloadable

I am serious. What He obtained was not for Himself alone. It is for us to tap into and allow Him to live on the earth again - THIS TIME from within us.

You have to learn how to access the downloadable Jesus Christ in His form as Holy Spirit.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 19:14

For example, Jesus said that He overcame the world, meaning all that the world could throw at Him to stop, discourage, oppress, suppress, put down, oppose, and otherwise fight against, He overcame.

[quote] [b] " These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world y ...[text shortened]... s.

You have to learn how to access the downloadable Jesus Christ in His form as Holy Spirit.
    Downloadable?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 19:17
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Downloadable?
    The downloadable Jesus Christ.

We have to first receive Him.
    Then as experiences come and come more, we must learn to access Jesus Christ to be FOR us everything that we need.

This is the GOSPEL !!
  5. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 19:48

For example, Jesus said that He overcame the world, meaning all that the world could throw at Him to stop, discourage, oppress, suppress, put down, oppose, and otherwise fight against Him, He overcame.

[quote] [b] " These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the wor ...[text shortened]... s.

"Jesus was God become a man."

I really don't understand the lingo. What does that mean?

"Jesus accomplished some things"

Big deal.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 20:001 edit

Big deal.
    He uses faulty terminology. Jesus was God without a body, then was God born into a body.

It means that Jesus got to experience first hand what it is like to have to deal with sinful desires which are a result of the flesh.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 09:26
    The downloadable Jesus Christ.
    ...This is the GOSPEL !!
    Matt, Mark, Luke or John?

Maybe I don't have the right app.

(God knew apps were coming so he had them prepared .. right?)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 11:423 edits

Big deal.
    This is one of the rather tragic things about many people. There is a dullness in their spiritual sense to sense that Christ manifested a man gloriously one with God.

I don't know whether because they are so befuddled and drugged by the cheap entertainment of this world or their consciences are just darkened. But they read the gospel as with no moral or spiritual eyesight.

I have no desire to return to that dreadful state.

If you think Jesus Christ attained nothing how is it that the Western world has thought to divide the history of the world into two segments - Before Christ B.C. and the Year of Our Lord, Ano Domini A.D. ?

Doesn't that fact suggest that His life was considered significant to time itself ?

B.C. and A.D. suggests that much of the world thought that after the three and one half years of this man's living history will never be the same. And I'm suppose think you'll cool because you yawn ?

Big deal.

I'll sit back for awhile and just see what you have that's more valuable than Jesus Christ. Show us what a "Bigger Deal" to you is then.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

You have the app in you. But it is comatose. It is in a deadened state.

You are a three dimensional creation. But one part of your being is not functioning. You are mistaking a two dimensional reality as all of reality. But an entire dimension you are not interacting with.

Your spirit is deadened [edited]. Not your soul but your human spirit - your God contacting "organ" is dead and needs enlivening.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:03
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Downloadable?
    I use the expression to underscore what Jesus Himself taught. It was expedient for Him to go to the Father that He might send to us the Holy Spirit to bring His life into us.

This bringing of the life of Christ into us who receive Him I borrow the expression "downloading". And I know exactly of what I speak, though I may speak non-traditionally.

Here before He goes to the cross He teaches His disciples that it is EXPEDIENT or Him to die a remptive death, resurrect, and ascend to His Father, so that the relationship they may have with Him would be much more intimate. He would come to us in another form and "another Comforter" the Holy Spirit.

" But now I am goiing to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, Where are You going? But because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.

But I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you, but if I go, I will send Him to you." (John 16:5-7)

IE. When He goes to accomplish eternal redemption and rise in resurrection and ascend to heaven man may "download" (so to speak) Him into their beings in a more intimate joining His life.

IE. They have a purely outward relationship to Him according to the physical world. But it is expedient for men and women that Jesus be able to come to them in a form in which He can live in their spiritual being.

This also means that this life, this walk of a man was so honored by God as to be made universal. God stands behind this life. God is able now to come into us in oneness with this Man. God comes to us in this Man Jesus of Nazareth.

"The last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

When you read the world "life giving Spirit" this means that God GIVES Himself to our inner being as divine life added to our natural life.

'Life giving Spirit" means Christ giving and God giving Person to come into our spiritual being.

The spiritual thirst a man has within is for God to impart God Himself INTO your innermost being. That is why He went to the cross and rose. That is to remove the major barrier from you receiving God as eternal life into your very being.

Why are you alive ?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:10
    You have the app in you. But it is comatose. It is in a deadened state.

You are a three dimensional creation. But one part of your being is not functioning. You are mistaking a two dimensional reality as all of reality. But an entire dimension you are not interacting with.

Your spirit is dead. Not your soul but your human spirit - your God contacting "organ" is dead and needs enlivening.
    What part of my being "is not functioning"?
    Where is my "God contacting organ" and how do you know it is dead?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:111 edit

Mostly John.

Chapters 14 through 17 primarily.

Then we have the very faithful apostle Paul to pioneer the way into this "downloading" if you will. And he wrote of "the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" Who Paul appropriated.

Wherever he had lack it was made up in him by and what Jesus is, and that bountifully.

From the humilating situation of being in chains in a Roman prison he writes joyfully overcoming -

" But I know that for me this will turn out to salvation through your petition and the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ." (Phil. 1:19)

This should not be taken for granted. Whatever I need is made up in the BOUNTIFUL supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ - Christ coming to me in His "pneumatic" and "downloadable" form. What He is is a man's FULL supply.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:14
    B.C. and A.D. suggests that much of the world thought that after the three and one half years of this man's living history will never be the same. ]

.[/b]
    Are you so ignorant that you cannot conceive of other calendars?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:29
    The Holy Spirit is the form in which what Christ has attained and obtained can be made available and effective subjectively in His believers.
    The Spirit of God isn't something Christ attained, being the Spirit of God, and the Word of
    God they were always One.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:322 edits
    Are you so ignorant that you cannot conceive of other calendars?
    how is it that the Western world has thought to divide the history of the world into two segments

Other calenders do exist. I am aware.
    But that does not dull the significance of this way of accounting world history.

If I were ignorant of other calendars I would not have specified that the Julian calender was a product of the WESTERN world.
    Right? Right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree