the insanity of faith

the insanity of faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
They knew what God said, deceived because they believed the lie that God would not punish them. I can only imagine what they thought they were going to get with that knowledge, was it going to make them so much more than what they already were, instead evil entered them giving them knowledge they were better off not having.

They had fellowship with God ...[text shortened]... evil became more of an issue. So they got that knowledge in the most brutal way due to the lie.
What exact part of their personage were deceived other than their mind?
What exact element of their personage, other than their mind, believed the lie that G-d would not punish them?
And why exactly did they believe what they believed?

Methinks they choose to believe what they believed because their mind evaluated falsely the lie as an accurate fact. Their next step after their first one (faith) was a failure;
😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
There isn't a man or woman alive who truly loves an enemy.

Trust me on this. 😉
I do not

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @black-beetle
What exact part of their personage were deceived other than their mind?
What exact element of their personage, other than their mind, believed the lie that G-d would not punish them?
And why exactly did they believe what they believed?

Methinks they choose to believe what they believed because their mind evaluated falsely the lie as an accurate fact. Their next step after their first one (faith) was a failure;
😵
They were told something that they should not have was good to over the objections of God, they knew better. They were told God's Word about punishment could be ignored, and bought into that lie. They desired something forbidden and took it over all they knew that God had told them. So going against what they knew they took and ate the fruit.

You are suggesting that they didn't know better? Eve responded at first saying that they were not to eat of it.

What part of any personage do you believe needed to be grounded so the mind could/would not choose badly?

Moves
19 Sep 17

I do not
If you can't trust an atheist how are you ever going to love an enemy.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
19 Sep 17

Love is neither chosen or forced. It is felt.
You are obviously correct.

We can make choices on purpose that makes love (or anything else) more or less likely to happen. If you decide to let your mate's quirks be okay with you, is that love?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 17
1 edit

If you can't trust an atheist how are you ever going to love an enemy.
😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @apathist

We can make choices on purpose that makes love (or anything else) more or less likely to happen. If you decide to let your mate's quirks be okay with you, is that love?
No

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
19 Sep 17

No
Are you sure? Hey kelly I listen to you

explain yourself

I think that if someone accepts you as you are, that is love. You say I'm wrong. Make a case.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 17

explain yourself

I think that if someone accepts you as you are, that is love. You say I'm wrong. Make a case.
God loves us regardless of how bad we've been, and He tells us to love each other. There are no exceptions to that command, just as we are forgiven we are told to forgive with again, no exceptions.

You read how love is described in the 13th chapter of Corinthians you will see that there is nothing about being worthy of love. The thing about God's love He gives it to us we can not earn it.

Within the human race we are told our war isn't against one another, but the spiritual powers of darkness that are keeping us from God, and from being reconciled and carring for each other.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 17

I disagree with what you agreed with.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
19 Sep 17

I disagree with what you agreed with.
I love you kelly. Please listen to me here. Heaven's gate. You hear the power of faith. Don't you think, and I know you do, we should use reason and logic to make our decisions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17
1 edit

I love you kelly. Please listen to me here. Heaven's gate. You hear the power of faith. Don't you think, and I know you do, we should use reason and logic to make our decisions.
I don't have any issues reason or logic. Its conclusions and so called truth where I disagree with some! 😉

Moves
20 Sep 17

The point is, kindness is not love. I can be kind to enemies and friends, but can only love friends.
Kindness is an act of love. You cannot be kind towards your enemies unless your heart overflows with love and compassion.

Moves
20 Sep 17

There is no 'decision' involved.

Sorry you are not understanding this. (The same applies to belief in God).
I think you are confusing infatuation with love. Love is not just an emotion but a commitment of the heart.

Moves
20 Sep 17

explain yourself

Accepting someone is a decision yes?