the insanity of faith

the insanity of faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
If you had even a rudimentary understanding of love, you would know it is something you can't fake. You either feel it or you don't feel it. As it is not a choice, and can not be forced, how could one possibly love something that they hate, (aka an enemy).

The best you can muster is kindness towards an enemy, and although kindness is a component of love, it is not love itself.
You are still dodging the question, how can you tell whether or not person A loves person B?

Moves
20 Sep 17

Kindness and compassion can emanate from love, but can just as easily emanate from our conscience or basic humanity.

The other day, for example, I moved a baby squirrel away from a main road, so that it didn't get squished by a car. It could be stated that I showed kindness and compassion towards the squirrel, but not that I loved the squirrel. ...[text shortened]... kindness and compassion to an enemy. To equate that with love is just Christian pretentiousness.
So if someone says they love you how can you tell whether or not they are telling the truth?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @black-beetle
Edit: What part of any personage do you believe needed to be grounded so the mind could/would not choose badly?

Conceptual and non-conceptual awareness😵
LOL, okay you lost me, which isn't that hard to do I guess. Explain please!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

And, Kellyjay, don't you have the feeling that 4 is in fact all about Grace illuminating a person? It seems to me that 4 describes how a thus enabled person is so perfectly well balanced in Grace that inhales hatred and exhales naturally agape.
The level in which this process takes place, methinks is mind-only;
So, with a spirit transformed this way ...[text shortened]... y Grace, solely swirling in G-d's Love.
This is how this atheist scarab reads it. No big deal😵
I do believe that when we have God's Spirit within we are illuminated. Without we cannot
see the world as it is intended, we are stuck dead in sins, and walk solely in our flesh.
Agape love comes from God, because that is who God is.

With the Spirit of God (love) in us it acts like a plumb line, where our lives without it are
just thrown back and forth without a sure foundation.

I did not say we would not have enemies, no doubt they are out there. If they are out there
filled with hate, than they are people bound in darkness, just as we were before Christ. As
such Jesus died for them as He did me, He shed His blood for them as He did me. This
is how I see it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

I can fake an act of kindness to an enemy. I can't fake love. (Why? Because love is not a choice or something i can force. It is felt).
So emotion is all love is to you? You don't think loving someone is doing what is called for
as needed when needed, when you don't feel anything too?

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
So if someone says they love you how can you tell whether or not they are telling the truth?
If a mutual enemy told me they loved me, I wouldn't believe them. (As such a love is not humanly possible). A non-enemy telling me they loved me may be genuine or may not be genuine.

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
So emotion is all love is to you? You don't think loving someone is doing what is called for
as needed when needed, when you don't feel anything too?
Yes to the first question, no to the second. (Doing something without heart isn't love).

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Sep 17

I do believe that when we have God's Spirit within we are illuminated. Without we cannot
see the world as it is intended, we are stuck dead in sins, and walk solely in our flesh.
Agape love comes from God, because that is who God is.

With the Spirit of God (love) in us it acts like a plumb line, where our lives without it are
just thrown back and for ...[text shortened]... esus died for them as He did me, He shed His blood for them as He did me. This
is how I see it.
Yes Kellyjay, this is how I perceive the core Christian doctrine as regards agapi/ agape too;

😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Sep 17

LOL, okay you lost me, which isn't that hard to do I guess. Explain please!
To use your IQ and EQ in full, conducting accurate evaluations herenow about the way the environment, your inner world and your mind correlate, in order to calculate, evaluate and make decisions –this is conceptual awareness powered by your sensory systems. We survive and prosper thanks to our conceptual awareness (when our evaluations are accurate, that is).

Meditation beyond all forms, substance, nature, characteristics, content and limitations of dualistic consciousness, and free of conceptual overlays of any kind, is non-conceptual awareness. The fruit of this mind-only direct experience cannot be transferred with words.
😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

If a mutual enemy told me they loved me, I wouldn't believe them. (As such a love is not humanly possible). A non-enemy telling me they loved me may be genuine or may not be genuine.
It doesn't take 2 to have an enemy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

Yes to the first question, no to the second. (Doing something without heart isn't love).
The thing is feelings are not always going to be there. They can come and go, I suppose that this may be why God designed the universe the way He did, to flush out love verses every thing less than.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

What do you think of what Jesus said about no greater love than laying down one's life for another

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

Yes Kellyjay, this is how I perceive the core Christian doctrine as regards agapi/ agape too;

😵
😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

To use your IQ and EQ in full, conducting accurate evaluations herenow about the way the environment, your inner world and your mind correlate, in order to calculate, evaluate and make decisions –this is conceptual awareness powered by your sensory systems. We survive and prosper thanks to our conceptual awareness (when our evaluations are accurate, th ...[text shortened]... l awareness. The fruit of this mind-only direct experience cannot be transferred with words.
😵
Okay going to read this a few times before I say anything else. 🙂

Moves
20 Sep 17

What do you think of what Jesus said about no greater love than laying down one's life for another
Was that 'another' specifically an enemy?