The Jehovah's Witnesses Trade

The Jehovah's Witnesses Trade

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
10 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Hard to believe anyone's really that dim. What's much more likely is that you're just making one inane post after another in order to continue to avoid meaningfully discussing the issue of God endorsing slavery in the OT, just as you earlier avoided the issue of Jesus teaching that is possible for a human to stop committing sin in the "10 Commandments" thread.

As for coming up with 100, go for it.
perhaps my posts are inane because debating with you is fruitless. you start the debate by proclaiming my well thought out, and theologically accurate rendering of the passages were categorically wrong, yet you have offered nothing in either thread that repudiates either my or anyone else's argument. and you wonder why I am not interested in engaging in discussion*shakes head*

Moves
10 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Bad things and evil things happen because God allows them to happen. When Satan did what he did to Job, he first got Gods approval. Satan can do nothing without Gods approval.

[quote]John 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he ...[text shortened]... allowing them to happen when He can stop them.

You wont get brownie points by defending God.
You bring out 3 scriptures , but do not finish their path

In #3 "That God's Works may be made Manifest " , Do you know what happened next ?

God "works" were the healing of that man and in front of the Pharisees and Sadducees as well as the general Public so that there would be a "Witnessing" of God's Works . Therefore a Reason for those who Witnessed it to have faith in the thing seen by them , and a Condemnation of those who saw it , and Had FULL scriptural knowledge , but refused to Believe and follow what Jesus himself was teaching .

Yes Satan got permission from God to attack Job , but he used a Legal argument to do so , " Have you not yourself put a Hedge about him and all that belongs to him , for a Change ................ and see whether he will not curse you to your face"

Satan Challenged Jobs faith . Not that God gave Satan Permission to just simply torture Job . Not at all ............ and in Fact Every TRUE Christian will face Satan directly ...... in there own personal lives as that a TRUE Christian , who actually believes and follows the teachings of the Christ , are enemies of him .

Jesus said this about Satan , "I am going my way to the Father , for the Ruler of THIS world has NO hold on me "

Ruler , ........in fact in another verse he calls him the GOD of this system of things

The Authority of a God ........

That this world is actually OWNED by him . Media , Entertainment Political elements all of it ....... and as that it is all Owned by him he is allowed to do what he wishes with it . This isnt God's issues at all .

When Jesus was being arrested , He said very clearly " What Peter ,? do you not know that if I wanted to I could call down Ten Legions of Angels at this moment "

But he didnt ........why ? got a clue ? I doubt it .

And if you try to throw any rebuttal at this , I will forward this thought first
1990 I was the victim of a Hit and almost Run by an old man in a late 70's Ford F-150 2 tone Brown Truck with a Camper shell and the Big Bolt on framed mirrors . The amount of damage in my back is beyond any doctors ability to fix . and I live in severe pain 24 hours a day . My MRI images are a nightmare for the Medical community . Also I did not receive 1 red cent from that man and have spent about a half a million dollars on my back over the years .
I of anyone could openly SCREAM about the evil that supposedly God allows ,

But Humans are responsible for their own actions , and will in fact be held accountable very soon .

Read Revelations Chapter 11: Verse 18 and notice that this was written about 2000 years ago , before Dioxin , Hydroflourocarbons , DDT, Methyhexacarbinine, Ehtyline Glycol , and all the Oxides , and acids that we use to do Gold mining and Copper mining , and Silver Mining destroying the environment all around so we can decorate ourselves with this of very little real value ,

The Value of what eyes see .......... we strip the Earth of lifesblood and energy to satisfy some indeterminable need of the most basic animalistic nature then Scream oppression when someone question our rationalization of it all .

He Shall Bring to ruin those ruining the Earth

I may not be that great of a chess player , but to read the lack of reasoning in some the comments I have read in this forum is appalling

And to the TWO Brothers ( Witnesses ) that are here

What are you doing getting involve so deeply into debates of words when the scripture OPENLY counsels against it

But rather as Paul said , "Make it your aim to live quietly , Mind your own business , and work at what is good with your hands "

We have been openly counseled about online forums that attempt to engage in Debates , and Bashing , but should be instead Reading and studying for our OWN Salvation and to be" able to give an answer to anyone who demands a reason for the Hope within you "

Jesus answered with God's word not his own opinion , and in the debate about God's Kingdom opinions really have very little value .

T

Moves
10 Oct 10
3 edits

Originally posted by duecer
perhaps my posts are inane because debating with you is fruitless. you start the debate by proclaiming my well thought out, and theologically accurate rendering of the passages were categorically wrong, yet you have offered nothing in either thread that repudiates either my or anyone else's argument. and you wonder why I am not interested in engaging in discussion*shakes head*
Your posts are yours alone. I have nothing to do with them. You have to take full credit for any and all the inanity contained therein.

If you had wanted me to comment on your post all you had to do was ask.

Slavery is a contemptible and indefensible practice that is roundly condemned by most of the civilized world. It is an "abomination" in and of itself. Your attempts to liken it to "credit card debt" and "imprisonment" shows a serious lack of understanding and/or regard as to what the practice of slavery actually entails.

That you believe your attempt to defend the indefensible is "well thought out" serves as an example as why our discussions have been "fruitless". Not only is it fundamentally flawed, it is also misleading, is wildly speculative and contains wild leaps of "logic" amongst other things. It seems likely that it was by this type of thinking that slave owners in the south were able to "justify" their practices with their religion.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
10 Oct 10
2 edits

Your posts are yours alone. I have nothing to do with them. You have to take full credit for any and all the inanity contained therein.

Slavery is a contemptible and indefensible practice that is roundly condemned by most of the civilized world. It is an "abomination" in and of ve owners in the south were able to "justify" their practices with their religion.
your main problem is that you are unable to read in context. I wonder if perhaps you were in the slow class at school. When reading the bible context is important, no make that crucial. You're imposing modern standards on a text and culture that existed over 2000 years ago, it shows you have no imaginative thought process, and are likely quite dull intellectually.

rc

Moves
10 Oct 10

Slavery is a contemptible and indefensible practice that is roundly condemned by most of the civilized world. It is an "abomination" in and of ...[text shortened]... ve owners in the south were able to "justify" their practices with their religion.
interesting that you have in the past tried to defend Hinduism and its ultra conservative code of practice which has enslaved millions to a life or servitude under the caste system - hypocrisy, who can say?

T

Moves
11 Oct 10

your main problem is that you are unable to read in context. I wonder if perhaps you were in the slow class at school. When reading the bible context is important, no make that crucial. You're imposing modern standards on a text and culture that existed over 2000 years ago, it shows you have no imaginative thought process, and are likely quite dull intellectually.
I guess you're once again making inane posts. You're like a little kid who has nothing intelligent to say, yet feels he has to "say something."

Please do provide examples on how I am "unable to read in context".

Please do tell how I am " imposing modern standards on a text and culture that existed over 2000 years ago".

While your at it, you can address this point about your "well thought out" post:
Your attempts to liken it to "credit card debt" and "imprisonment" shows a serious lack of understanding and/or regard as to what the practice of slavery actually entails.

T

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
interesting that you have in the past tried to defend Hinduism and its ultra conservative code of practice which has enslaved millions to a life or servitude under the caste system - hypocrisy, who can say?
IIRC what I did was explain to you that it was my understanding that caste system is not supported by Vedantic teachings.

I'm opposed to both slavery and caste systems. There is no hypocrisy.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
11 Oct 10

I guess you're once again making inane posts. You're like a little kid who has nothing intelligent to say, yet feels he has to "say something."

Please do provide examples on how I am "unable to read in context".

Please do tell how I am " imposing modern standards on a text and culture that existed over 2000 years ago".

While your at it, you can a ...[text shortened]... tanding and/or regard as to what the practice of slavery actually entails.[/quote]
example number 1: this entire thread

check and mate

T

Moves
11 Oct 10

example number 1: this entire thread

check and mate
Not really surprised that you're back to just making one inane post after another in order to continue to avoid meaningfully discussing the issue of God endorsing slavery in the OT, just as you earlier avoided the issue of Jesus teaching that is possible for a human to stop committing sin in the "10 Commandments" thread.

Are you really that afraid of the truth that you feel compelled to avoid it?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
11 Oct 10

Not really surprised that you're back to just making one inane post after another in order to continue to avoid meaningfully discussing the issue of God endorsing slavery in the OT, just as you earlier avoided the issue of Jesus teaching that is possible for a human to stop committing sin in the "10 Commandments" thread.

Are you really that afraid of the truth that you feel compelled to avoid it?
I know truth when I see it, you're not even close

T

Moves
11 Oct 10

I know truth when I see it, you're not even close
And somehow you're the one whose posts could be prime examples of ego defense mechanisms in action. It's so textbook, it's scary.

rc

Moves
11 Oct 10
4 edits

IIRC what I did was explain to you that it was my understanding that caste system is not supported by Vedantic teachings.

I'm opposed to both slavery and caste systems. There is no hypocrisy.
i do not think so, for clearly the practice has its basis in hindhuistic belief and practice. Persons are after all, considered unclean, prior to birth and throughout their entire life, your assertion that it has no basis in vedantic literature is clearly an attempt at averting the truth of the matter, yet that it happens and is practised is nothing more than tacit support of a system designed to enslave persons perpetually. Hypocrisy to the extreme, its no wonder that your heart is burdened with the heavy weight of sin!

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
11 Oct 10

And somehow you're the one whose posts could be prime examples of ego defense mechanisms in action. It's so textbook, it's scary.
hmmmmm, really? Cuz you're the one who seems to be getting upset and defensive, I on the other hand refuse to engage in debate; because regardless of how correct I am, you will not see the error of your position, or admit that you are wrong. Again, you have not proven that my assessment as previously typed is wrong, instead you occupy yourself with mudslinging and innuendo.....great job debating

T

Moves
11 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i do not think so, for clearly the practice has its basis in hindhuistic belief and practice. Persons are after all, considered unclean, prior to birth and throughout their entire life, your assertion that it has no basis in vedantic literature is clearly an attempt at averting the truth of the matter, yet that it happens and is practised is nothing ...[text shortened]... ypocrisy to the extreme, its no wonder that your heart is burdened with the heavy weight of sin!
The point is that the following statement by you is not true and is a complete mischaracterization of my position:
"interesting that you have in the past tried to defend Hinduism and its ultra conservative code of practice which has enslaved millions to a life or servitude under the caste system".

It is yet another lie.

Perhaps these words from Jesus can help you to overcome your nature.
John 8
44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

rc

Moves
11 Oct 10

The point is that the following statement by you is not true and is a complete mischaracterization of my position:
"interesting that you have in the past tried to defend Hinduism and its ultra conservative code of practice which has enslaved millions to a life or servitude under the caste system".

It is yet another lie.

Perhaps these words from Je ...[text shortened]... speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.[/quote]
yes yes, i am from my father the devil, we've already established that, whats new?