the latter day saints ( the mormons )

the latter day saints ( the mormons )

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Nov 09

Ok You started the thread. You wanted discussion on the subject : the latter day saints ( the mormons ) You seem to have mixed feelings yourself. I state what I think but people are entitled to believe whatever they want. I would rather be a Jehovah or something than a Mormon because they are so hypocritical! They appear very good and moral on the surface but the LDS are whacked! I grew up with them went to their church. My childhood friend was one. They are racist too!

Manny

rc

Moves
30 Nov 09

Originally posted by menace71
Ok You started the thread. You wanted discussion on the subject : the latter day saints ( the mormons ) You seem to have mixed feelings yourself. I state what I think but people are entitled to believe whatever they want. I would rather be a Jehovah or something than a Mormon because they are so hypocritical! They appear very good and moral on the surface b ...[text shortened]... ith them went to their church. My childhood friend was one. They are racist too!

Manny
actually Manny you are most welcome, however just a technical point, you cannot be a Jehovah, for there is only one Jehovah, that being Almighty God, dont worry we get that a lot and it always raises a smile, i have been asked if i am a social worker, a debt collector, a doctor or a member of the C.I.D (crime investigation department). People are generally relieved when the receive a negative answer, 'oh your a Jehovah', we ourselves just gotta laugh. the official name is one of Jehovahs Christian Witnesses. we were formerly known as the International Bible students but changed the name in 1935, i think it was. Sorry to hog this 'discussion', with these technicalities, ill let the games commence!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Nov 09

Originally posted by reinfeld
i will be 63 in january. i have lived a full life ( army, yogananda years, hollywood years on the boulevard, teacher, lawyer, house father, orphan, been in jail, committed several felonies, etc.....) i am not a child and i have been around many blocks...
In January you will be 63? Good ... Its never too late to learn. Here is a tip .. always align yourself with doctrines and principles that are right and just. If an organisation is racist -- as the the LDS clearly are so dont make lameass excuses for them -- then you have two options:

-- change them or
-- move away from them.

Pick one. If you dont have the balls to do that then your 63 years was a waste of oxygen on this planet.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Nov 09

Yes I see your point on this RC 🙂 Man if I were Jehovah! Well I guess if you want to get technical I could be called a god LOL The Mormons would have no issue with this as we can all become little gods. Have our own planets and all.

Manny

rc

Moves
30 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Yes I see your point on this RC 🙂 Man if I were Jehovah! Well I guess if you want to get technical I could be called a god LOL The Mormons would have no issue with this as we can all become little gods. Have our own planets and all.

Manny
if you were Jah, could i ask a personal favour, although i know your impartial, could you perhaps zapp Raj for me with a little ol bolt of lightnin, not to kill him or anything, its just i think he might benefit from a little electroconvulsive therapy. Please if you could find your way to granting this request i would be vewy vewy grateful. your biggest fan and good for nothing slave Robbie.

how many chicks do you get in Mormon heaven? is it as much as Muslim heaven?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Nov 09

LOL 🙂 man what can I say......

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Nov 09

Like Bruce Almighty !!

Manny

Moves
30 Nov 09

the community of christ are the "prairie mormons" who wanted the eleven year old
son of joseph smith to become the next prophet. most recently, if you have followed the national news, you will see that some children in missouri ( home of the community of christ { formerly the reformed latter day saints } have gone to the police to allege both child perver ...[text shortened]... bestiality charges against their uncles who are lay ministers in the "community of chirst".
I'm well aware of the fact that the RLDS followed the Smiths and not Brigham Young, who was far more concerned with his personal power than whether his prophet mandated that the church should follow his son, as the patriarchal set up of the Mormons mandated. Brigham Young did not want to wait and executed an exercise in popularity and personal glory and power, and not God, nor the teachings of the Church. You have picked the wrong person to argue Mormon history with.

And the Community of Christ still has the Kirtland Temple, regardless of your babblings.

Moves
30 Nov 09

... if you have followed the national news, you will see that some children in missouri ( home of the community of christ { formerly the reformed latter day saints } have gone to the police to allege both child perversion and bestiality charges against their uncles who are lay ministers in the "community of chirst".
Not "Reformed". Reorganized. Thank you for playing; you do not get a copy of our home game.

Current history is a strawman. Current history knows that there are far more polygamists bantering about in Utah than there are a half dozen child molesters in Iowa.

Moves
30 Nov 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
The Mormon organisation is as racist as the KKK. They believe in the supremacy of the white race. It is only about 25 years ago they started supressing their racist teachings but unfortunately the racists teachings are contained in what they call their Holy Book. Here are some excerpts:

2 Nephi 5:21-23:
"And he had caused the cursing to come upon them ...[text shortened]... ld be the 'servant of servants;' and they will be, until that curse is removed."
This is an excellent reading of BOM verses and you are to be commended for your BOM knowledge. You would put a great many Mormons to shame.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Dec 09
1 edit

latter day saint women who wish to marry in the temple are required to be virgin.
The reason I asked that question is a close friend of the family that I've known for decades was raised Mormon but left once she was old enough because of her Mother making sure her daughter would not have to go thru what this particular congragation did with newlyweds. The women getting married had to have there virginity taken away by the head elder of the congregation the night before their wedding day.
I would never by second hand info ever say this just to be knocking any religion but both her and her Mother said this too me. The mother was raised Mormon and thought it was normal but once her daughter was to do this one day, she got out.
I'm sure this may not be widespread with Mormons but have heard simular things before...

w

Moves
02 Dec 09

Originally posted by galveston75
The reason I asked that question is a close friend of the family that I've known for decades was raised Mormon but left once she was old enough because of her Mother making sure her daughter would not have to go thru what this particular congragation did with newlyweds. The women getting married had to have there virginity taken away by the head elder of ...[text shortened]... t.
I'm sure this may not be widespread with Mormons but have heard simular things before...
Just want to clear up something which is 100% false. A woman who wants to be married in the LDS temple is not required to be a virgin. I'm sorry to hear about this and it saddens me to think this could actually happen. I can assure you this is not the way of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
02 Dec 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually Manny you are most welcome, however just a technical point, you cannot be a Jehovah, for there is only one Jehovah, that being Almighty God, dont worry we get that a lot and it always raises a smile, i have been asked if i am a social worker, a debt collector, a doctor or a member of the C.I.D (crime investigation department). People are ge ...[text shortened]... was. Sorry to hog this 'discussion', with these technicalities, ill let the games commence!
The ACTUAL name given of "God" by the Hebrews was JHVH. It is pronounced yahoo-veh. The name of the Hebrews was JHV. Pronounced yahoo.
Jehovah is a made up word.

rc

Moves
02 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by caissad4
The ACTUAL name given of "God" by the Hebrews was JHVH. It is pronounced yahoo-veh. The name of the Hebrews was JHV. Pronounced yahoo.
Jehovah is a made up word.
i hope you dont mind me saying, but, you talk nonsense! no one knows the exact pronunciation of the divine name, not you, not the Jews, nobody. secondly the ancient name is preserved in such names as Elijah, Adonijah with emphassis on the second syllable, JAH! an abbreviation of the divine name.. what is made up my dear, is your pronunciation. the actual letters of the Hebrew God are, YHWH, or JHWH, and is termed the tertagrammaton and is found in more than seven thousand places in the Hebrew text either in whole or abbreviated form. since no one knows the exact pronunciation, and since there are elements of it preserved in ancient names as indicated, we are at perfectly liberty to supply those missing vowel sounds and use the name that has been commonly used since the 16th century and perhaps even earlier, Jehovah.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Dec 09

Originally posted by whiteknight26
Just want to clear up something which is 100% false. A woman who wants to be married in the LDS temple is not required to be a virgin. I'm sorry to hear about this and it saddens me to think this could actually happen. I can assure you this is not the way of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I'm glad to hear that..thanks.