the latter day saints ( the mormons )

the latter day saints ( the mormons )

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Nov 09

Originally posted by reinfeld
a discussion.
I have read the Book of Mormon.
Just another book by someone who heard the voices and saw the visions and then mistakely interpreted them as "God". A common human error is assuming that all great divulgences of the Universe are to be interpreted in the vein of the individuals' religious beliefs.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Nov 09

Originally posted by caissad4
I have read the Book of Mormon.
Just another book by someone who heard the voices and saw the visions and then mistakely interpreted them as "God". A common human error is assuming that all great divulgences of the Universe are to be interpreted in the vein of the individuals' religious beliefs.
So your saying that God cannot deal with humans on a spiritual level today as he did in the past?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Nov 09

Originally posted by galveston75
So your saying that God cannot deal with humans on a spiritual level today as he did in the past?
Yes God can do that. However Christ warned us that many jokers would appear and make false claims about Him.. much like the Mormons and the Jehovah Witness who are basically false prophets.

Matt 24:23-24 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

rc

Moves
28 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Yes God can do that. However Christ warned us that many jokers would appear and make false claims about Him.. much like the Mormons and the Jehovah Witness who are basically false prophets.

Matt 24:23-24 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall ...[text shortened]... t signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
haha Raj the real Christian has spoken, hes usually noted for making perverse and lewd comments about peoples mothers and their sisters, in his real Christian fashion.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
haha Raj the real Christian has spoken, hes usually noted for making perverse and lewd comments about peoples mothers and their sisters, in his real Christian fashion.
Yes the real Christian has appeared. God told me that he is the real deal so we'd better listen up!!!

rc

Moves
28 Nov 09

Yes the real Christian has appeared. God told me that he is the real deal so we'd better listen up!!!
if Raj is the real deal then i fold! i was gonna raise you and try and bluff it, but considering my hand, well , no!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
if Raj is the real deal then i fold! i was gonna raise you and try and bluff it, but considering my hand, well , no!
No contest here Robbie. Rajj means "The All Knowing" in most languages of the ancient world.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Nov 09

Matt 24:23-24 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall ...[text shortened]... t signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
So who I beg, would be ones he would might shed his light on????

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Nov 09
1 edit

They are very close...
MORMONS are MORMONS
JWs are MORONS.
Ah! (and since no jw's or mormons are going to try to refute) I guess that is the lasting impression I shall take from this thread..

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Nov 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Ah! (and since no jw's or mormons are going to try to refute) I guess that is the lasting impression I shall take from this thread..
Refute what?

Moves
28 Nov 09
2 edits

I don't think he is saying that at all actually. I struggle with the corporatisation of Christianity; the predators peddling unfettered greed; the ludicrous charlatans who preach to airmchair proselytes that if they give them a direct debit donation God will save their pathetic souls, it's diabolical.

At another apex of the corporate religious geometry there are religions such as Mormonism where the gospel of Jesus Christ has been perverted so much it is almost comical.

The ironic thing is that there is an atheist here whos secular interpretation of Jesus is probably closer to the truth than all of the corporate versions.

s

England

Moves
28 Nov 09

So who I beg, would be ones he would might shed his light on????
so if you are a J W you promote the bible you can not deny the saying.
but its not a practice of faith that makes one belive in the truth. the light that shines is for everyone as the sun in the sky does not hid its self form anyone, so does the holy one shine within you if you go by the word of god.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Nov 09

Yes they do really exist. I know I'm a JW and I really am here...
If you're a JW then you're not supposed to be here.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Nov 09

Refute what?
Refute this:

1. The JWs have made hundreds of prophesies which have proved false, AND they continuously make more prophesies despite their dismal prophesying record.
2. Christ said to avoid being fooled by, and to stay away from, false prophets.

So how does it feel to be part of an organisation that Christ has condemned.

rc

Moves
28 Nov 09
2 edits

Refute this:

1. The JWs have made hundreds of prophesies which have proved false, AND they continuously make more prophesies despite their dismal prophesying record.
2. Christ said to avoid being fooled by, and to stay away from, false prophets.

So how does it feel to be part of an organisation that Christ has condemned.
how does it feel to be an individual whom Christ has condemned? are you not the one calling others morons, idiots? well well, have a read at this, oh Real Deal!

(Matthew 5:22) . . .However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Gehenna.

send us a postcard!