1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '18 18:551 edit
    Is the love of God for his children conditional or unconditional? I have kids, I don’t stop loving them when they disobey me. It is this love that draws them back to me. My love is not perfect, God’s love is perfect. If I can love my kids simply on the basis that they are my kids how much more can’t God do it? Now Rajk wants to tell me that God only loves his children when they obey his commands? The way I see it, if God loves me unconditionally even during my times of weakness it will drive me to please him more. A parent that doesn’t love their kids when they are disobedient will eventually drive them away.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 May '18 18:572 edits
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Is the love of God for his children conditional or unconditional? I have kids, I don’t stop loving them when they disobey me. My love is not perfect, God’s love is perfect. If I can love my kids simply on the basis that they are my kids how much more can’t God do it? Now Rajk wants to tell me that God only loves his children when they obey his commands? T ...[text shortened]... A parent that doesn’t love their kids when they are disobedient will eventually drive them away.
    ...and you want to tell us that God loves his created beings so much, that he'll torture them for eternity if they don't love him back.

You call it Perfect love; I call it Bizarro love.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '18 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    ...and you want to tell us that God loves his created beings so much, that he'll torture them for eternity if they don't love him back.

*** thread closed ***
    When did I say that God tortures his children for eternity?

Those that will be lost will be lost because of their unrepentant hearts. Don’t you believe in any form of justice?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:11
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem

You call it Perfect love; I call it Bizarro love.
    Perfect post.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:171 edit
    Is the love of God for his children conditional or unconditional? I have kids, I don’t stop loving them when they disobey me. It is this love that draws them back to me. My love is not perfect, God’s love is perfect. If I can love my kids simply on the basis that they are my kids how much more can’t God do it? Now Rajk wants to tell me that God only loves ...[text shortened]... A parent that doesn’t love their kids when they are disobedient will eventually drive them away.
    I think God loves unconditionally those who have accepted Jesus Christ, but that doesn’t mean He doesn’t chasten us and that certainly doesn’t mean we’ll have an easy life. But the good news is we have the strength to overcome through Christ and an eternity in heaven awaits us.

On the first point...

“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.”

(Hebrews 12:6-11)

On the second point...

“If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.”

(John 15:19-21)

On the third point...

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

(John 16:33)

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

(Philippians 4:13)
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Perfect post.
    Do you believe in any form of divine justice or does everyone enter the kingdom of Heaven?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:192 edits
    Is the love of God for his children conditional or unconditional? I have kids, I don’t stop loving them when they disobey me. It is this love that draws them back to me. My love is not perfect, God’s love is perfect. If I can love my kids simply on the basis that they are my kids how much more can’t God do it? Now Rajk wants to tell me that God only loves ...[text shortened]... A parent that doesn’t love their kids when they are disobedient will eventually drive them away.
    Your entire post is nonsense
    It demonstrates gross ignorance of the Bible
    It shows you are just a church rat eating the vomit of the pastors.

Children of God are people who obey his commandments.
    Those who profess faith are not children of God
    All descendants of Adam are not children of God
    Some are children of the Devil.

You and your kids have nothing to do with God and humans.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:20
    When did I say that God tortures his children for eternity?

Those that will be lost will be lost because of their unrepentant hearts. Don’t you believe in any form of justice?
    Assuming that question you asked is correct and annihilationism does not await the damned, your refusal to accept God’s free gift of salvation is His fault?

What do you know of the spiritual realm and what goes on in it?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:21
    Originally posted by @rajk999

[b]Children of God are people who obey his commandments.

You and your kids have nothing to do with God and humans.[/b]
    Wow.

That’s some industrial-strength hate spewing out of you. Where does it come from?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:22
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Assuming that question you asked is correct and annihilationism does not await the damned, your refusal to accept God’s free gift of salvation is His fault?

What do you know of the spiritual realm and what goes on in it?
    Above post meant to be in response to a different post.

Apologies.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:30

In order to be a child of God, you have to follow the commands of God without fail, is that correct? If you can’t answer this question it means you have no idea whether or not you are a child of God.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:32
    In order to be a child of God, you have to follow the commands of God without fail, is that correct? If you can’t answer this question it means you have no idea whether or not you are a child of God.
    The constant sinning by people who claim to be following Christ’s commandments (bearing false witness, being angry without a cause, prideful chest puffing, self-righteously condemning people to hell) is hypocrisy at its most obnoxious.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:39
    In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (1 John 3:10 KJV)

Righteousness and good works aka following the commandments of Christ is what makes children of God.

Professions of faith do not make children of God
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:40

So you’re saying that while you obey God you’re his child, but the second you slip up you no longer are?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '18 19:41
    In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (1 John 3:10 KJV)

Righteousness and good works aka following the commandments of Christ is what makes children of God.

Professions of faith do not make children of God
    Your dodge is noted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree