1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 May '18 00:422 edits
    Originally posted by @secondson
    When someone says "you must cease from sinning", like you have, then they should expect to be questioned about whether they have ceased from sinning.

If they won't answer the question they can expect to be considered a fraud.
    That's merely a rationalization for the fact that none of your posts have addressed John 15:9-10 and the fact that your posts have been no more than a string of various forms of ad hominem attack.

His words say what they say regardless of who posts them:

John 15
    9“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.
    10“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Whether or not you believe Him and take His words to heart is another matter altogether.

Any chance that you'll actually address John 15:9-10? Or are you just going to continue to evade and attempt to justify your evasion?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 01:43
    When someone says "you must cease from sinning", like you have, then they should expect to be questioned about whether they have ceased from sinning.

If they won't answer the question they can expect to be considered a fraud.
    Paul, Peter, James and John all said that Christians must not continue with sin and that they must live rightesously. They said that because Jesus said it. Would you question them as well?

Why do repeating doctrines from Jesus, Paul, Peter, James and John get you people so angry? Maybe it is that you have foolishly trusted the church more than you do the Bible?
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 May '18 02:20
    Essentially your argument is with God.
    This is a standard (and lame) cop out. It translates to, "I'm too lazy to debate the issue." 😴
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '18 03:26
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Paul, Peter, James and John all said that Christians must not continue with sin and that they must live rightesously. They said that because Jesus said it. Would you question them as well?

Why do repeating doctrines from Jesus, Paul, Peter, James and John get you people so angry? Maybe it is that you have foolishly trusted the church more than you do the Bible?
    Didn’t John write John 3:16 and Paul write Romans 10:9? Didn’t Paul say repeatedly that Christians are not under the law but live by the Spirit? Didn’t Jesus say to believe on Him for eternal life?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 May '18 04:37
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So you’re saying that while someone obeys God they are His child, but the second they slip up they no longer are? Yes or No?
    Didn’t expect Raj to answer this, because by his logic no one is a child of God.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 May '18 04:43
    Children of God are those who enter the Kingdom of God.
    There are some who will know in advance of that event
    But not all.
    People can cliam to be whatever they want.
    In the end Jesus will judge all people

And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obt ...[text shortened]... of the resurrection. (Luke 20:34-36 KJV)

Right now all people are children of this world.
    Conveniently ignore Galatians 3:26?

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '18 04:56
    Didn’t expect Raj to answer this, because by his logic no one is a child of God.
    rajk can’t ever say someone is a child of God while they’re on earth because his whole salvation by works doctrine then goes up in smoke.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '18 04:58

That’s a good verse I had forgotten. That and the Romans and Hebrews verses are pretty clear that one can know he or she is a child of God while they’re on earth and I’m sure there are more verses as well.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '18 07:201 edit
    Wrong thread.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 13:07

DId you read further where Paul in Galatians 5 tells these very same Christians that they will NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IF THEY LIVE IN SIN?

These you say are children of God.
    Yet they will be cast out of the Kingdom of God?
    Now how does that fit with your doctrine?

Faith in Christ gives the Christian THE POWER TO BE SONS OF GOD.

To get to whole picture clearly you need to see what all the passages say about sons of God and children of God.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 May '18 13:17
    DId you read further where Paul in Galatians 5 tells these very same Christians that they will NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IF THEY LIVE IN SIN?

These you say are children of God.
    Yet they will be cast out of the Kingdom of God?
    Now how does that fit with your doctrine?

Faith in Christ gives the Christian THE POWER TO BE SONS OF GOD.

To get to ...[text shortened]... picture clearly you need to see what all the passages say about sons of God and children of God.
    You don’t seem to realize that there is a difference between ‘sinning’ and ‘living in sin’.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 13:27
    You don’t seem to realize that there is a difference between ‘sinning’ and ‘living in sin’.
    Children of God according to you... will not inherit the Kingdom of God?

Your church doctrine is full of holes... go patch them.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 May '18 13:462 edits
    In your mind where exactly is the line drawn between " ‘sinning’ and ‘living in sin’"?

Jesus makes it clear where He draws the line.

John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
    35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you [abide] in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
    51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 14:17
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    In your mind where exactly is the line drawn between " ‘sinning’ and ‘living in sin’"?

Jesus makes it clear where He draws the line.

John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, [b]everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.

35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    31So Jesus was sayin ...[text shortened]... ke you free.”
    51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”[/b]
    They live by the doctrine of the church not by the words of Christ.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 May '18 14:333 edits
    They live by the doctrine of the church not by the words of Christ.
    John 12
    46“I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.
    48“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
    49“For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.
    50“I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.”

They remain in darkness, though they think it light.

Matthew 6
    22“The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23“But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree