1. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 May '18 20:20
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<Right now all people are children of this world.>>

Wrong.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

(Romans 8:16)[/b]
    Back up a few verses and see if you can figure out who is WE.
    Get that part right first.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:07
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    When did I say that God tortures his children for eternity?

Those that will be lost will be lost because of their unrepentant hearts. Don’t you believe in any form of justice?
    I do believe strongly in justice, which is why I cannot endorse one punishment for everyone, no matter the number and gravity of their offenses. I call that Bizarro justice.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:283 edits
    In the follow Jesus clearly and explicitly states who abides in His love: Only those who KEEP His commandments.
    Jesus also clearly and explicitly states the standard required for KEEPing His commandments: Just as He kept His Father's commandments.

John 15
    9“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.
    10“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:35
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    In the follow Jesus clearly and explicitly states who abides in His love: Those who KEEP His commandments. Jesus also clearly and explicitly states the standard required for KEEPing His commandments: Just as He kept His Father's commandments.

John 15
    9“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10“If you keep My command ...[text shortened]... , you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
    When you quote Jesus it sounds like platitudes.

By the way. Have you stopped sinning yet?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    When you quote Jesus it sounds like platitudes.

By the way. Have you stopped sinning yet?
    Jesus clearly and explicitly stated what He stated.

Whether or not you believe Him and take His words to heart is another matter altogether. Evidently you dismiss His words as "platitudes".
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:42
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    I do believe strongly in justice, which is why I cannot endorse one punishment for everyone, no matter the number and gravity of their offenses. I call that Bizarro justice.
    In this life justice means the punishment should fit the crime. I'm assuming you'll agree with that.

Biblically speaking though, the punishment of eternal separation from the life of God is just because God is just. I realize that doesn't dovetail with your concept of justice, but it is clearly taught in the Bible.

Essentially your argument is with God.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:47
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Back up a few verses and see if you can figure out who is WE.
    Get that part right first.
    You tell me. Here are all of the preceding verses. They do contradict your claim that God’s Holy Spirit indwelling believers is not Biblical:

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

(Romans 8:1-16)
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:48
    Jesus clearly and explicitly stated what He stated.

Whether or not you believe Him and take His words to heart is another matter altogether. Evidently you dismiss His words as "platitudes".
    I didn't say Jesus' words were platitudes.

I said, when you quote Jesus it sounds like platitudes.

You have also said that one must cease to sin. If you can say that, then you must say you have stopped sinning. Otherwise your words are hollow and platitudinous.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem to dj2becker
    When he was posting as Fetchmyjunk, dj2becker spent months and months here propagating the idea that perfect justice was having exactly the same punishment for getting angry with one's brother or looking at somrone lustfully as for murdering 6,000,000 people in concentration camps because they were -according to him - "equally evil".
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:011 edit
    I didn't say Jesus' words were platitudes.

I said, when [b]you
    quote Jesus it sounds like platitudes.

You have also said that one must cease to sin. If you can say that, then you must say you have stopped sinning. Otherwise your words are hollow and platitudinous.[/b]
    His words say what they say regardless of who posts them:

John 15
    10“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Whether or not you believe Him and take His words to heart is another matter altogether.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:07
    His words say what they say regardless of who posts them:

John 15
    10[b]“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Whether or not you believe Him and take His words to heart is another matter altogether.[/b]
    You're just being evasive.

Did you quit sinning or not?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:14
    You're just being evasive.

Did you quit sinning or not?
    You're the one "being evasive".

Since you are unable to reconcile the words of Jesus with your beliefs, you've chosen to deflect by resorting to thinly veiled ad hominem attack.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:40
    You're the one "being evasive".

Since you are unable to reconcile the words of Jesus with your beliefs, you've chosen to deflect by resorting to thinly veiled ad hominem attack.
    Who says I need to reconcile my beliefs with what Jesus said?

I believe everything Jesus said. There's nothing to reconcile.

Apparently in your efforts to prove some spurious point about "the words of Jesus", which you render platitudinous by repetition, you claim that one must stop sinning.

If that's what you believe, then answer. Have you stopped sinning?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:49
    Who says I need to reconcile my beliefs with what Jesus said?

I believe everything Jesus said. There's nothing to reconcile.

Apparently in your efforts to prove some spurious point about "the words of Jesus", which you render platitudinous by repetition, you claim that one must stop sinning.

If that's what you believe, then answer. Have you stopped sinning?
    None of your posts have addressed John 15:9-10.

Instead your posts have been a string of various forms of ad hominem attack.

That's just a fact.

Why the evasion?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 23:22
    Instead your posts have been a string of various forms of ad hominem attack.
    When someone says "you must cease from sinning", like you have, then they should expect to be questioned about whether they have ceased from sinning.

If they won't answer the question they can expect to be considered a fraud.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree