1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 16:31
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    John 12
    46“I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.
    48[b]“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

49“For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a c ...[text shortened]... ull of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness![/b]
    Do you have some good arguments from Jews for Judaism arguing that Yahweh does not exist ?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 May '18 17:581 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Children of God according to you... will not inherit the Kingdom of God?

Your church doctrine is full of holes... go patch them.
    Children of God according to you never sin, which means no one is a child of God. You don’t even have a doctrine to patch up.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 May '18 18:021 edit
    In your mind where exactly is the line drawn between " ‘sinning’ and ‘living in sin’"?

Jesus makes it clear where He draws the line.

John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, [b]everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.

35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    31So Jesus was sayin ...[text shortened]... ke you free.”
    51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”[/b]
    If you know the good you ought to do and don’t do it to you that is a sin. But that does not necessarily mean you are living in continual disobedience.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 May '18 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If you know the good you ought to do and don’t do it to you that is a sin. But that does not necessarily mean you are living in continual disobedience.
    Let's see: They CONTINUE to sin (disobey), yet aren't in CONTINUAL disobedience. Any chance you can provide a non-nonsensical answer?

Seems likely that everyone who believes in the same rationalization as you do invariably draws the line such that they are not "living in sin" regardless of how much they may sin.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 May '18 05:152 edits
    Let's see: They CONTINUE to sin (disobey), yet aren't in CONTINUAL disobedience. Any chance you can provide a non-nonsensical answer?

Seems likely that everyone who believes in the same rationalization as you do invariably draws the line such that they are not "living in sin" regardless of how much they may sin.
    There is a difference between habitual sin and sinning on the odd occasion. Someone who is not a child of God will sin and think nothing of it, their sin doesn't even bother them. Whenever a child of God sins that are convicted by the spirit of God and will ask for forgiveness and they will seek deliverance. Do you even know what the conviction of sin is? If you don't chances are you probably aren't a child of God. And if you say that you have no sin you are a liar and the truth of God is not in you.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 May '18 16:025 edits
    There is a difference between habitual sin and sinning on the odd occasion. Someone who is not a child of God will sin and think nothing of it, their sin doesn't even bother them. Whenever a child of God sins that are convicted by the spirit of God and will ask for forgiveness and they will seek deliverance. Do you even know what the conviction of sin is? ...[text shortened]... d of God. And if you say that you have no sin you are a liar and the truth of God is not in you.
    Seems likely that everyone who believes in the same rationalizations as you do invariably draws the line such that they are not "living in sin" / do not "habitual[ly] sin" regardless of how much they may sin.

There is a difference between habitual sin and sinning on the odd occasion.

Once again, where exactly is that line drawn? I've come across more than a few Christians who have told me that they sin every day - some who post on this very forum.

Someone who is not a child of God will sin and think nothing of it, their sin doesn't even bother them.
    Many people - Christian and non-Christian alike - have a conscience. Some people - Christian and non-Christian alike - don't have a conscience.

And if you say that you have no sin you are a liar and the truth of God is not in you.

It's unfortunate how many Christians take that verse out of context and pretend that it says something that it doesn't.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '18 17:191 edit
    Seems likely that everyone who believes in the same rationalizations as you do invariably draws the line such that they are not "living in sin" / do not "habitual[ly] sin" regardless of how much they may sin.

[b]There is a difference between habitual sin and sinning on the odd occasion.

Once again, where exactly is that line drawn? I've come ac ...[text shortened]... ny Christians take that verse out of context and pretend that it says something that it doesn't.[/b]
    If coveting, bearing false witness (lying,) being angry and looking on a woman with lust in your heart are all sins (and they are,) I suspect many Christians sin every day. Either that or many Christians live by themselves on an island,

You’re trying to drive people away from Christ by falsely claiming His standard is absolute perfection. You reject His deity and reject His sacrifice on the cross and His Resurrection. You’re still living in the Old Testament.

I noted in another thread that Peter, an Apostle of Jesus Christ’s, and Paul, author of a majority of the New Testament, continued to sin after accepting Christ. Do you think they were denied heaven?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 May '18 03:531 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    If coveting, bearing false witness (lying,) being angry and looking on a woman with lust in your heart are all sins (and they are,) I suspect many Christians sin every day. Either that or many Christians live by themselves on an island,

You’re trying to drive people away from Christ by falsely claiming His standard is absolute perfection. You reject H ...[text shortened]... he New Testament, continued to sin after accepting Christ. Do you think they were denied heaven?
    I would just add that when you accept Christ and the process of regeneration by the Holy Spirit starts, the frequency of sinning would decrease exponentially as you are being transformed into the image of Christ. Since we are human we will still be tempted and may still fall from time to time. But there has to be a radical change in your life and everyone should be able to see the transformation.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '18 05:18
    I would just add that when you accept Christ and the process of regeneration by the Holy Spirit starts, the frequency of sinning would decrease exponentially as you are being transformed into the image of Christ. Since we are human we will still be tempted and may still fall from time to time. But there has to be a radical change in your life and everyone should be able to see the transformation.
    Totally agree. But expecting someone to live a sin-free life after accepting Christ and saying Christ expects absolute perfection from God’s children is utter garbage and that false doctrine is designed to drive people away from Christ.

Not surprisingly that false doctrine is promoted by Christ deniers, who paradoxically think Jesus was just a man but had the authority to say how one enters heaven.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 May '18 05:24
    Totally agree. But expecting someone to live a sin-free life after accepting Christ and saying Christ expects absolute perfection from God’s children is utter garbage and that false doctrine is designed to drive people away from Christ.

Not surprisingly that false doctrine is promoted by Christ deniers, who paradoxically think Jesus was just a man but had the authority to say how one enters heaven.
    I wonder how they explain James 5:16? "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."

Do they think this is just a once off?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 May '18 15:32

You’re trying to drive people away from Christ by falsely claiming His standard is absolute perfection. You reject H ...[text shortened]... he New Testament, continued to sin after accepting Christ. Do you think they were denied heaven?
    I suspect many Christians sin every day.

And yet to hear becker tell it, They are not "living in sin", do not "habitual[ly] sin", do not live in " continual disobedience", etc. What a joke.

You’re trying to drive people away from Christ by falsely claiming His standard is absolute perfection.

Once again, then there's reality.

Matthew 5
    48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I noted in another thread that Peter, an Apostle of Jesus Christ’s, and Paul, author of a majority of the New Testament, continued to sin after accepting Christ. Do you think they were denied heaven?

According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry only those who are righteous, i.e., cease to commit sin, will live in the Kingdom / will have eternal life. As such, it would be dependent on whether or not the ceased to commit sin.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '18 15:56
    [b] I suspect many Christians sin every day.

And yet to hear becker tell it, They are not "living in sin", do not "habitual[ly] sin", do not live in " continual disobedience", etc. What a joke.

You’re trying to drive people away from Christ by falsely claiming His standard is absolute perfection.

...[text shortened]... ll have eternal life. As such, it would be dependent on whether or not the ceased to commit sin.[/b]
    <<According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry only those who are righteous, i.e., cease to commit sin, will live in the Kingdom / will have eternal life. As such, it would be dependent on whether or not the ceased to commit sin.>>

Your doctrine is extremely vague (and I would argue incorrect as well.) But let’s stick to the vagueness.

How would you answer this question based on your above excerpt...

Christian A ceases to commit any sins for 30 years, but mere minutes before dying, he slips up and sins. According to you, he did not “cease to commit sin” and therefore will not have eternal life and live in the Kingdom of God.

Christian B continues sinning for his whole life but did not commit a sin in the last 10 minutes of his life. Did he therefore “cease to commit sin” and gain eternal life and the right to live in the Kingdom of God?

Do you realize how silly what you profess to believe sounds?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 May '18 16:081 edit
    <<According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry only those who are righteous, i.e., cease to commit sin, will live in the Kingdom / will have eternal life. As such, it would be dependent on whether or not the ceased to commit sin.>>

Your doctrine is extremely vague (and I would argue incorrect as well.) But let’s stick to the vagueness ...[text shortened]... t to live in the Kingdom of God?

Do you realize how silly what you profess to believe sounds?
    Evidently Romans is amongst those proclaiming that ‘The way of the Lord is not just’. To which God responds, " Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?"

Ezekiel 18
    21“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. 23Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24“But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.

25“Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?

Also note how Romans side-stepped the following:

Matthew 5
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '18 16:15
    Evidently Romans is amongst those proclaiming that ‘The way of the Lord is not just’. To which God responds, " Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?"

Ezekiel 18
    21“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will n ...[text shortened]... reality.

Matthew 5
    You totally neglect that God permitted sacrifices in the Old Testament to atone for sins, your Ezekiel passages notwithstanding, and that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross is the (obviously much better) New Testament equivalent. And I say “obviously much better” because it was a one-time sacrifice by Jesus Christ that covered the sins of the world. Our only requirement is to accept Christ.

Paul said the law was a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ (to cause us to recognize our need for a Saviour,) but once we accept Christ and receive God’s indwelling Holy Spirit, we are no longer under a schoolmaster but live by the Spirit.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '18 16:18

Ezekiel 18
    21“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will n ...[text shortened]... reality.

Matthew 5
    <<Once again, then there's reality.

Matthew 5
    48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.>>

Did God tell the Jews to obey the Mosaic law? Of course! Did God provide a way for them to atone when they failed? Of course!

You don’t see that pattern carried over from the Old Testament to the New Testament, from the Mosaic law to God’s New Covenant with man?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree