The Moral Argument for God's Existence

The Moral Argument for God's Existence

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
07 Nov 18

@lemonjello said
How about you just go back and re-read those threads (plural) where we already had this exact discussion. It's not my problem that you seem simply ineducable when it comes to the topic of secular ethics.

And by the way, an objective standard of morality would be one not based on any opinion at all – including any opinions of your God, supposing He exists. Of course, y ...[text shortened]... e than not. I'm fairly confident you have none. That's why you continually resort to lame tactics.
I agree 100%, thumbs up.

This thread has turned into a mere ping pong match of who can say "objective" and "subjective" the most, with NO points being made.

And endless questions.

Moves
07 Nov 18

@chaney3 said
I agree 100%, thumbs up.

This thread has turned into a mere ping pong match of who can say "objective" and "subjective" the most, with NO points being made.

And endless questions.
Agreed.

You have permission sir to remove your 'Bring it on' tagline and replace it with 'Sporadically insightful.'

c

Moves
07 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Agreed.

You have permission sir to remove your 'Bring it on' tagline and replace it with 'Sporadically insightful.'
When you consume a delicious meatloaf sandwich, and save the cucumbers for a salad, we'll talk.

Until then, "bring it on"!!!

😀

Moves
07 Nov 18

@chaney3 said
When you consume a delicious meatloaf sandwich, and save the cucumbers for a salad, we'll talk.

Until then, "bring it on"!!!

😀
Meatloaf is the moral argument for God's non-existence.

Moves
07 Nov 18

@chaney3 said
I agree 100%, thumbs up.

And endless questions.
If there is nothing objectively wrong with alcohol abuse I wonder why everyone is encouraging you to sort out your drinking problem. If no objective morals exist surely you’re entitled to be a drunk or whatever else you want to be? The point is we all know that certain things such as alchol abuse are always wrong but the atheists won’t admit it because their belief system doesn’t cater for moral absolutes.

Moves
07 Nov 18

Ignore the troll Chaney. People are encouraging you to cut out the alcohol for your health, not as a moral judgement, objective or otherwise.

Moves
07 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Ignore the troll Chaney. People are encouraging you to cut out the alcohol for your health, not as a moral judgement, objective or otherwise.
Do you believe there is nothing morally wrong with someone destroying their own health? Where do you draw the line? Is suicide also morally acceptable to you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Nov 18

@wolfgang59 said
Omitting a verse entirely!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Testament_verses_not_included_in_modern_English_translations
That's nothing, entire books have been left out because they were 'inconvenient'.

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@dj2becker said
‘By its nature, interpretation of the Bible is subjective.No objective interpretation of the Bible. No objective moral standard.’

Is the above statement subjective or objective? If it is subjective how do you know that it is true?
‘Objective’ means ‘not influenced by personal feelings or opinions’.

Not a single word in the Bible was written based on my personal feelings or opinions. In that sense it is an objective standard to me. If the Bible says something I have to accept it regardless of my personal feelings or opinions on the matter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@divegeester

Me:

I don't think Genesis 1 and 2 is an exhaustive explanation or description of how God created everything.
You think!

You:
You think!

If your point is that that should be obvious, I agree.

I pay careful attention to how the two accounts of man's creation agree. And THIS I take away as probably the main concept the writer is conveying.

Whether man was made last after all the other animals. (Gen. 2) OR man was made first before all the other creatures (Gen. 1) BOTH chapters agree that human beings are topmost.

Human beings, though AMONG all the other creatures, has a special relationship with God and purpose from God which is at the pinnacle of meaning - a kind crown of creation.

All other things are made with man's special place before God in view. It seems to me deliberate that Moses put side by side two accounts which AGREE on this central point.

It is a "Don't Miss the Point" moment. I think then one of the main points of Genesis 1,2 is the centrality of humanity for a special purpose of God. We can afford that a hundred thousand other minor details are left ambiguous.

Don't miss that man was created in the image of God according to the likeness of God and transcends all the other creatures over which he was intended by God to have dominion for God.

Since you're interested in what I think.

You think!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 18

@dj2becker said
If there is nothing objectively wrong with alcohol abuse I wonder why everyone is encouraging you to sort out your drinking problem. If no objective morals exist surely you’re entitled to be a drunk or whatever else you want to be? The point is we all know that certain things such as alchol abuse are always wrong but the atheists won’t admit it because their belief system doesn’t cater for moral absolutes.
This makes no sense at all.
Firstly you say EVERYONE is encouraging people to sort out their drinking problem,
then you say "alchol abuse are always wrong but the atheists won’t admit it".

What do you mean?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 18
1 edit

@Suzianne

As I previously stated. Whole Books have been omitted.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 18

@dj2becker said
Not a single word in the Bible was written based on my personal feelings or opinions. In that sense it is an objective standard to me.
So if I write something not based on your personal feelings
or opinions it will be an objective standard to you?

If not - why do you give preference to the bible over my word?
Maybe it is your personal preference and subjective opinion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Nov 18

@wolfgang59 said
So if I write something not based on your personal feelings
or opinions it will be an objective standard to you?

If not - why do you give preference to the bible over my word?
Maybe it is your personal preference and subjective opinion.
For me it would be no different than taking your word over how long an inch is versus a standard yardstick.

F

Moves
09 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
For me it would be no different than taking your word over how long an inch is versus a standard yardstick.
Fair enough. And that's the point. You choosing "whose word to take" for it is a subjective thing. Our moral compasses are subjective tools that help guide us through the dilemmas of our everyday lives.