1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 03:41
    Also Jehovah as we all know is not the true name of God it's a transliteration of the
    Tetragrammaton.

Manny
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 03:48
    Originally posted by menace71
    Also Jehovah as we all know is not the true name of God it's a transliteration of the
    Tetragrammaton.

Manny
    That also holds true with the name "Jesus". 😏
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 03:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Hebrew name for God translitered to English is YHVH or YHWH and the Hebrew language has no written vowels so we must supply them. Now, it is most commonly written Yahweh and it means "I AM WHO I AM". God went on to tell Moses to use the shortened form Yah (I AM) as His name. It is used in the word HalleluYah meaning "Praise Yah" which is usually trans ...[text shortened]... "Praise the Lord" or "Praise God".

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    You worship Popeye?
    Well blow me down, yak yak yak yak. 😛
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:07
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    You worship Popeye?
    Well blow me down, yak yak yak yak. 😛
    No can do, that would be idolatry. 😏
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:351 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No can do, that would be idolatry. 🙄
    that's nothing new for you. you worship a man.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:382 edits
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    Jesus told his followers that he is not to be worshipped but only the Father is and has that right and honor.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 05:32
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    Didn't you know that Christ is both God and man. We Christians do not worship the man.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No. Don't see the need. No matter what I answer or don't, it will not change your mind or mine.
    This is an online debate Galveston; you seem to be under the misapprehension that this forum is your personal platform from which you can proselytise and in doing so ignore people just because they hold a different view from you.

Other people here read these posts too and may be interested in the exchange; if you are fairly challenged or responded to it is good debating form and good manners to at least take the time to respond.

This "preachy" mind-set you and robbie carrobie seem to display, is possibly why you get into hot water with many posters here imo.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 09:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Jesus told his followers that he is not to be worshipped but only the Father is and has that right and honor.
    Do you mind quoting where Christ told his followers that ? It seems that the Bible is actually saying that its not a crime to worship Christ as well as God.

- Wise men from came to worship Christ :

Matt 2:1-2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

- The angels worship Christ.

Heb 1:5-6 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 09:394 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you mind quoting where Christ told his followers that ? It seems that the Bible is actually saying that its not a crime to worship Christ as well as God.

- Wise men from came to worship Christ :

Matt 2:1-2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Sayin ...[text shortened]... th in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    Please tell the forum why, in almost every instance of the 53 times, the Greek word,
    'proskuneo', translated, as bow down to prostrate oneself, to do obeisance, suddenly
    changes and reverts to worship when it comes to Jesus? shall we look at some
    instances of the word in scripture, from different translations. Matthew 18:26,

At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he
    begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ The servant’s master took pity on him,
    cancelled the debt and let him go. - NIV

So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying,
    ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.’ - NASV

The servant then, having fallen down, was bowing to him, saying, Sir, have patience
    with me, and I will pay thee all; - Youngs literal translation

yet when it comes to Jesus, the very same term, is translated as worship, Matthew 14:33,

And they that were in the boat worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son
    of God - American standard version

And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in
    the boat worshipped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” - NIV

Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou
    art the Son of God. - King James version

Oh dear, more bias in translation which has led astray the ignorant and uninitiated,
    here we have a prime example of such a bias, translated as, to prostrate oneself, to
    bow down, to do obeisance, yet when it comes to Jesus, the exact same term
    suddenly takes on the meaning to worship?? Its nothing short of the rampant
    dishonesty which marrs the translators of Christendom and is lapped up by willing
    conspirators to perpetuate a lie. Caught again Rajk, when will you ever learn that
    truth has a potency all of its own?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 10:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Please tell the forum why, in almost every instance of the 53 times, the Greek word,
    'proskuneo', translated, as bow down to prostrate oneself, to do obeisance, suddenly
    changes and reverts to worship when it comes to Jesus? shall we look at some
    instances of the word in scripture, from different translations. Matthew 18:26,

At this the se ...[text shortened]... a lie. Caught again Rajk, when will you ever learn that
    truth has a potency all of its own?
    So the Bible does in fact have instances of people and angels bowing down to or worshiping Christ .. thank you.

Can I assume that the answer to the question ..

Where did Jesus tell his followers that he is not to be worshipped but only the Father ..

is that there is none ?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 10:181 edit
    So the Bible does in fact have instances of people and angels bowing down to or worshiping Christ .. thank you.

[b] Where did Jesus tell his followers that he is not to be worshipped but only the Father

is that there is none ?[/b]
    sigh, such ignorance cannot go unpunished, what the Bible in fact has, because of
    unscrupulous translators wishing to impose their bias upon the Greek text, is instances
    where, the Greek term which means simply to do obeisance as in the eastern form of a
    salutation suddenly and miraculously is translated as an act of religious worship when it
    comes to Jesus. No the Bible does not state that Christ is to be worshipped, the
    translators of the text have given the impression that it does, because of their religious
    bias, but you wouldn't know that because you dont know what the actual text states,
    all you have to go on is what the translators want you to believe.

so you have failed to answer the question, why does the term suddenly and
    miraculously change from an act of salutation, to bow down, to an act of worship.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:32
    sigh, such ignorance cannot go unpunished, what the Bible in fact has, because of
    unscrupulous translators wishing to impose their bias upon the Greek text, is instances
    where, the Greek term which means simply to do obeisance as in the eastern form of a
    salutation suddenly and miraculously is translated as an act of religious worship when it ...[text shortened]... uddenly and
    miraculously change from an act of salutation, to bow down, to an act of worship.

Where is the quote that Jesus told his followers that he is not to be worshiped but only the Father ..

is that there is none and that Galveston is wrong?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:38

[b]Where is the quote that Jesus told his followers that he is not to be worshiped but only the Father ..

is that there is none and that Galveston is wrong?[/b]
    oh ho, what is this, you dont answer my questions, but you expect me to answer
    yours? Once again, i am not the Gman, i am someone else, i am not telepathic, nor
    joined at the hip, although we are spiritual brothers, i dont know what the Gman has in
    mind, although i am pretty sure you are going to find out.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:43
    oh ho, what is this, you dont answer my questions, but you expect me to answer
    yours? Once again, i am not the Gman, i am someone else, i am not telepathic, nor
    joined at the hip, although we are spiritual brothers, i dont know what the Gman has in
    mind, although i am pretty sure you are going to find out.
    Actually Galveston made a statement.
    Then I asked for a supporting verse.
    Then YOU butted in without providing a supporting verse which would have answered my question.

So the original statement which I was questioning still requires some proof ..

Where did Jesus tell his followers that he is not to be worshipped but only the Father ..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree