The name of Jehovah means nothing to them?

The name of Jehovah means nothing to them?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
16 Jul 12

Originally posted by menace71
I knowledge that the NIV is a bad translation.

Manny
what have you to say dear Manny about the diminishing church attendance, as
prophesied, in the book of revelation, when will you, 'get out of her?'

rc

Moves
16 Jul 12
4 edits

Originally posted by menace71
I knowledge that the NIV is a bad translation.

Manny
It is, in my opinion, a very 'cold', translation, by that I mean, God appears in it to be
distant, without personality. What is not generally known about it, is that its translators were
recruited exclusively from evangelical seminars and had to subscribe to a particular
creed of faith, The Westminster creed of faith, the Belgic confessions and the statement
of faith of the national association of evangelicals. Creedal commitment of course has
nothing to do with linguistic skills and it was the fifteen members of the governing
committee who had the final say over every verse. Bruce Metzger points out instances
where it ignores the underlying Greek text for doctrinal reasons and in some instances
it introduces concepts not explicitly stated in text, again for doctrinal reasons. Ironic
considering some of the greatest critics of the New world translation attempt to cite
similar reasons for its rejection, while advocating the NIV as a sound translation.

F

Moves
16 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Bruce Metzger points out instances where it ignores the underlying Greek text for doctrinal reasons and in some instances it introduces concepts not explicitly stated in text, again for doctrinal reasons.
Instances where it ignores the underlying Greek text for doctrinal reasons and in some instances it introduces concepts not explicitly stated in text? How ironic that you should be saying this!

rc

Moves
16 Jul 12
5 edits

''the NIV ignores the underlying Greek text and where it makes additions not supported
by the Greek text for what 'appear to be doctrinal reason'' - Metzger, 1992, page 9,
quoted by Jason BeDhun, Truth in translation, accuracy and bias in English translations
of the New testament, page 33, subheading, Major English translations.'

F

Moves
16 Jul 12

'the NIV ignores the underlying Greek text and where it makes additions not supported
'by the Greek text for what appear to be doctrinal reason' - Metzger, 1992, page 9,
quoted by Jason BeDhun, Truth in translation, accuracy and bias in English translations
'of the New testament, page 33, subheading, Major English translations.'
How ironic that you would use this quote after the unilateral claims you've quite clearly made on this very thread about your own "right" to make additions not supported by the Greek text for what appear to be your own preferred doctrinal reasons. 😵

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
How ironic that you would use this quote after the unilateral claims you've quite clearly made on this very thread about your own "right" to make additions not supported by the Greek text for what appear to be your own preferred doctrinal reasons. 😵
Hey FMF you nearly got a "reply" from robbie carrobie then - only nearly though.

I guess you are still being forum shunned as I am, so all bets are still on...

F

Moves
17 Jul 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Hey FMF you nearly got a "reply" from robbie carrobie then - only nearly though.
I told him a few home truths about his forum behaviour a few weeks ago. His reaction since then has simply borne out what I said.

rc

Moves
17 Jul 12

(Proverbs 6:16-19) . . .There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are
things detestable to his soul:  lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding
innocent blood,  a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to
badness,  a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth
contentions among brothers

F

Moves
17 Jul 12
1 edit

(Proverbs 6:16-19) . . .There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are
things detestable to his soul:  lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding
innocent blood,  a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to
badness,  a false witness that launches forth lies, and [b]anyone sending forth
.[/b]
Who are you talking to, robbie?

F

Moves
17 Jul 12

I guess you are still being forum shunned as I am, so all bets are still on...
He's upset, it seems. He's just tossed out a quote suggesting that God "hates" the people who upset him.

rc

Moves
17 Jul 12
1 edit

(Proverbs 13:20)  He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is
having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.

F

Moves
17 Jul 12

The latest one is about you, I reckon, divegeester. He's on about "the stupid ones". Can't be me.

F

Moves
17 Jul 12

(Proverbs 13:20)  He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Have you noticed that 'is talking' can be very easily miss typed as ' i stalking' ?

Evil machinations abound...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jul 12

badness,  a false witness that launches forth lies, and [b]anyone sending forth
.[/b]
God dont hate no one.

God is love