The Name!

The Name!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I've looked it up. I've often seen those on bridges and old buildings.
Never knew what they were called though.
yes Ireland has many of these ancient female fertility symbols, lurking in a church near you!

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes Ireland has many of these ancient female fertility symbols, lurking in a church near you!
See, there you go again.

I told you that religion and sex are intertwined
and difficult to separate.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by kd2acz
Do you have an answer or is that your answer, I meant Jesus not Jehovah'.
Jesus and Jehovah are transliterated names for the same God, I AM. The meaning of the translitered Hebrew YHWH or YHVH in English is "I AM WHO I AM" from Exodus 3:14 NKJV.

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

The first two letters YH thus means "I AM" and this is what Jesus (YaHshua) calls himself in John 8:58 NKJV.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Yahshua means "I AM salvation" or YAH "saves" as is also indicated in Mathew 1:20-21 NKJV.

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.

The Greek names for Jesus and Joshua of the Old Testament are the same, which can be seen from examining the Greek Septuagint translation. Joshua, Jesus, and Jehovah all begins with the same first two Hebrew consonants and there were no vowels in the Hebrew alphabet. These consonants are transliterated into English as Y and H. The vowel sound between these two letters is not indicated, but has been guessed at by translaters. We know it should be the "a" vowel sound in English and not "e" or "o" because of the pronunciation of the praise "Hallelujah" or actually "HalleluYah" which conbines "hallelu" meaning "you praise or praise to" followed by the one being praised "Yah" and is normally translated as "praise the Lord."

The conclusion is that the Lord's name is YaH meaning I AM.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

rc

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Jesus and Jehovah are transliterated names for the same God, I AM. The meaning of the translitered Hebrew YHWH or YHVH in English is "I AM WHO I AM" from Exodus 3:14 NKJV.

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

The first two letters YH thus means "I AM" and this i ...[text shortened]... H meaning I AM.

still promulgating your absurd and wholly erroneous translation of the Hebrew text, its no wonder you reside in spiritual darkness.

(Jehovah) the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Hebrew verb hawah (become)
meaning 'He Causes to Become'.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
07 Jan 13

Did your family create this knowledge of the fertile women? Are you a result of this family abuse? 😀

Makes sense.

-m. 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jan 13

still promulgating your absurd and wholly erroneous translation of the Hebrew text, its no wonder you reside in spiritual darkness.

(Jehovah) the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Hebrew verb hawah (become)
meaning 'He Causes to Become'.
It should be clear the name is not Jeh or Jah, but Yah.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 13

It should be clear the name is not Jeh or Jah, but Yah.

Jah is the latinized form.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by mikelom
Did your family create this knowledge of the fertile women? Are you a result of this family abuse? 😀

Makes sense.

-m. 😉
Flying Dwarf 1545 v mikelom 2030

makes sense.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jan 13

Jah is the latinized form.
There was no "J" in the Latin alphabet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_alphabet

rc

Moves
07 Jan 13
2 edits

There was no "J" in the Latin alphabet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_alphabet
It was not until the Middle Ages that the letter W (originally a ligature of two Vs) was added to the Latin alphabet, to represent sounds from the Germanic languages which did not exist in medieval Latin, and only after the Renaissance did the convention of treating I and U as vowels, and J and V as consonants, become established. Prior to that, the former had been merely allographs of the latter.

learn to read the articles you post.

Moves
07 Jan 13

not only is, 'I am', not a name, not only is it not even an accurate translation, in the
context its not even good English, 'i am that i am', is meaningless ?????
"Och aye the noo" sounds like gibberish to most of us south of Hadrian's wall, but we accept it means something to you lot.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by divegeester
"Och aye the noo" sounds like gibberish to most of us south of Hadrian's wall, but we accept it means something to you lot.
Hoots mon! A nod is as good as a wink to a
blind Scotsman with a single malt.

I don't understand any of it either.

What gets me is, if all these supernatural things
happened thousands of years ago. How come they
don't happen today?

Burning bushes and voices from the sky.
Angels coming to earth and waters parting.

How come none of this happens today? Anyone?

rc

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by divegeester
once again you fail to realise that Scotland has different regional dialects, 'I am that I am', is not a dialect, its simply ungrammatical English.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Hoots mon! A nod is as good as a wink to a
blind Scotsman with a single malt.

I don't understand any of it either.

What gets me is, if all these supernatural things
happened thousands of years ago. How come they
don't happen today?

Burning bushes and voices from the sky.
Angels coming to earth and waters parting.

How come none of this happens today? Anyone?
(1 Corinthians 13:8-10) Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with. For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with.

miracles were never intended to be a permanent feature, they were like scaffolding on a building.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
07 Jan 13

(1 Corinthians 13:8-10) Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with. For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done aw ...[text shortened]... iracles were never intended to be a permanent feature, they were like scaffolding on a building.
That's a get out of jail free card if I ever saw one.