1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 00:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    I did not see it but I heard of the occult symbols as you say. I also heard of the tribute to John Lenin, you know the guy who said that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus and then played the song "Imagine".
    he was right though, at the time.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 01:47
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    he was right though, at the time.
    Actually John had a brief "born again" phase.

In March 1977, Yoko travelled with John Green to Catagena in Columbia to meet a witch who had been recommended to her as someone "who could do anything". Yoko paid the witch $60,000 to do a series of rituals which culminated in a sacrifice of a dove in order to bring her and John good fortune. John had been convinced by Yoko that there was power in the occult that could help him, so to create a song "Imagine" which praised a world devoid of religion I think is a bit hypocritical.

Anyway, when she was away, John got a hold of a TV evangelist because he was a TV junkie and just happened to come across him. He wrote the evangelist a desperate letter confessing his addiction to drugs and his fear of "facing up to the problems of life". He also expressed regret that he had said that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. John later announced that he was a Christian and began writing Christian songs etc. When Yoko returned, the change perturbed her and she tried to talk him out of it. Well to make a long story short, Yoko talked him out of his faith and he later renounced it as he returned to his occultist friends and drugs.

At the end of his life, John had a great interest in reading books on religion, psychic phenomenon, the occult, death, history, archeology, and anthropology. In fact, Yoko traveled to Cairo, having heard that there was a major illicit archeological dig taking place in 1979. Both she and John believed that ancient Egyptian artifacts contained "magical powers"l, and Yoko had dedicated one of the rooms in their apartment to Egyptian artifacts.

John then became hostile towards the Christian faith. He then announced that he was a "born again pagan" and mocked films of Christ joking that they should just fast forward to watch the crucifixion. Later John found out the Bob Dylan had converted to Christianity. Bob later wrote an album "Slow Train Coming", a gospel album that was about his personal born again experience. The album was a challenging one, because it not only praise Jesus but attacked opposition to him. In short, it addressed people like John. John then wrote a rebuttal song titled, "Serve Yourself", arguing that no one can save you and that the ony person you have to serve is yourself. It showed both his anger and his sense of humor. Of course, shortly after these events he was shot dead. More is the pity.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 01:56
    I did not see it but I heard of the occult symbols as you say. I also heard of the tribute to John Lenin, you know the guy who said that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus and then played the song "Imagine".
    That would be John Lennon. I'm not sure if you spelling his name Lenin is a typo or an editorial comment, but it's not very funny.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 05:29
    Yes, that was in as a tribute to him, but I didn't see it as particularly anti-Chrisitan as it was amoungst a mass of occult imagery. As one poster mentioned earlier the Olympics was originally (and has always been to some extent) a pagan religious festival.

Here is a short article from one observer which is reasonably balanaced and contains non of the usual extremist slaverings. There is a nice photo at the bottom showing how the risen phoenix hovers above it's firey nest and below the freemasons compass, which is actually one of the 13 pyramid style flood lights.

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=21168
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 13:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not in the slightest; do you find that disturbing?
    No; but then A) I did not notice it as a theme, and B) if I had I would not be surprised.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 18:481 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That would be John Lennon. I'm not sure if you spelling his name Lenin is a typo or an editorial comment, but it's not very funny.
    We must have a different sense of humor. 😀
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 06:56
    Yes, that was in as a tribute to him, but I didn't see it as particularly anti-Chrisitan as it was amoungst a mass of occult imagery. As one poster mentioned earlier the Olympics was originally (and has always been to some extent) a pagan religious festival.

Here is a short article from one observer which is reasonably balanaced and contains non of t ...[text shortened]... y one of the 13 pyramid style flood lights.

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=21168
    That article blames Zionists for the pagan symbols. 😕
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 08:391 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That article blames Zionists for the pagan symbols. 😕
    Yeah I saw that. It's difficult to find a blog that is completely balanced and objective on this stuff; in my albeit quick search, this one seemed the least extreme.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 09:141 edit
    Yeah I saw that. It's difficult to find a blog that is completely balanced and objective on this stuff; in my albeit quick search, this one seemed the least extreme.
    The Freemasons took their usual hammering as well, was that 'Square n Compass' really behind the phoenix or did they do that join the dots thing? Because I cannot remember seeing it on the night.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 09:45
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    The Freemasons took their usual hammering as well, was that 'Square n Compass' really behind the phoenix or did they do that join the dots thing? Because I cannot remember seeing it on the night.
    The square is outlined by the phoenix wings, the compass is the pyramid floodlight behind with the actual spotlights arranged in the upper area so as to look like the "all seeing eye" when they are on. Interestingly there are 13 of these on the upper circumference of the stadium - the same number of levels in the masonic pyramid.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 10:35
    The square is outlined by the phoenix wings, the compass is the pyramid floodlight behind with the actual spotlights arranged in the upper area so as to look like the "all seeing eye" when they are on. Interestingly there are 13 of these on the upper circumference of the stadium - the same number of levels in the masonic pyramid.
    So join the dots it is then, it is a nice idea though, only spoiled by the fact that the Freemasons are anything but a Pagan organisation.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 10:501 edit
    So join the dots it is then, it is a nice idea though, only spoiled by the fact that the Freemasons are anything but a Pagan organisation.
    Oh I see now; you thought there was going to be a real compass & square, a real all seeing eye and a real phoenix 🙄
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 11:01
    Oh I see now; you thought there was going to be a real compass & square, a real all seeing eye and a real phoenix 🙄
    No I expected bunch of nonsense from some paranoid conspiracy theorist Christians, and guess what, they never let me down.🙄
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 11:16
    No I expected bunch of nonsense from some paranoid conspiracy theorist Christians, and guess what, they never let me down.🙄
    When you said the photograph on the website which we were discussing is "join the dots" (that is, before you backed into random claims of conspiracy and paranoia), what were you actually expecting to see?
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 11:31
    When you said the photograph on the website which we were discussing is "join the dots" (that is, before you backed into random claims of conspiracy and paranoia), what were you actually expecting to see?
    Oh I dont know, the actual truth of what was there, you do realise you could obtain a picture of a naked woman if you joined the dots in a different way.

So are you saying that joining the dots is valid way of depicting reality, the reason I mentioned conspiracy theorists is because people who see the hand of the Masons, or Aliens etc around every blind corner are conspiracy theorists by definition.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree