The Presidency

The Presidency

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Only those that are ignorant of the truth believe that the god of
Islam is the same God of the Jews and the Christians. If we all
believed in the same God, the Muslims would not call us infidels.
Why then do they want to destroy the Jews and rule over the
Christians? If we all believed in the same God we would love each
other. But the Muslims want to ...[text shortened]...
Islam is another lie created by Satan to deceive man and its fruit
is destruction and death.
How did you become non ignorant ?Were you born with the insight and brillance you have today or have you worked at it ?

F

Moves
19 Jul 11

If we all believed in the same God, the Muslims would not call us infidels.
Some Muslims call you Christians "infidels". And some Christians - like yourself - call Muslims "Satanists". What you have here is friction between two competing traditions, caused by highly partisan passions and a generous helping of ignorance and misanthropy, on both sides. When I pointed out to you that it's clearly a case of two traditions approaching mankind's monotheist God, did you really think that I was claiming that there was not conflict or mutual distrust between these two traditions?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Jul 11

Are you anything more than a "plastic" atheist?
What exactly is a 'plastic' atheist?

j

Moves
19 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Some Muslims call you Christians "infidels". And some Christians - like yourself - call Muslims "Satanists". What you have here is friction between two competing traditions, caused by highly partisan passions and a generous helping of ignorance and misanthropy, on both sides. When I pointed out to you that it's clearly a case of two traditions approaching mankin was claiming that there was not conflict or mutual distrust between these two traditions?
Be fair. Did he really call Moslems "Satanists" per se ?

Jesus in Revelation 2 said that some of His own church were under the enfluence of "the deep things of Satan, as they say" (Rev. 2:24) .

Being under some enfluence of things of Satan may not be being a Satanist per se.

You can quote him if I missed it.

F

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by jaywill
Be fair. Did he really call Moslems [b]"Satanists" per se ?[...]

You can quote him if I missed it.[/b]
I don't really know what you mean by "fair" then, jaywill.

RJHinds: "Islam is a Satanic religion, trying to replace Christianity."

RJHinds: "[Muslims] do all kinds of evil things because they have been tricked by Satan."

RJHinds: "Allah is Satan in disguise."

RJHinds: "Islam is another lie created by Satan to deceive man and its fruit is destruction and death."

Does your version of what's "fair" require us to buy in to your partisan sophistry?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Are you suggesting that only true Muslims want to 'destroy the Jews and rule over the Christians'?! The Muslims that don't endorse the above doctrine are not really Muslims at all?!

For what it's worth, i have seen very little on this board from you to suggest you are anything but a 'plastic' Christian.
You see, PK, the “True Muslims™” are only the Muslims that RJ says are the “True Muslims™”. What various “Muslims” say is irrelevant—only the Muslims that fit RJ’s stereotype are “True Muslims™”. But since you can’t tell which “Muslims” are lying, you have to treat all “Muslims” as if they were “True Muslims™”. So, by the same token, all my study into Islam (reading various versions of the Qur’an, delving into both Muslim and non-Muslim scholars, reading various works on the history of Islam, looking at different Islamic groups—Sunni, Twelver Shia, Sufi, Ishmaeli, Amaddiyah, etc.) is also irrelevant because RJ knows who the “True Muslims™” without having to know anything, really, at all about the whole religion. The same for FMF’s daily interaction with “Muslims”—none of whom, can be “True Muslims™” since they haven’t killed him yet…

…yada yada yada…

Ignorance is not just bliss: it has become authority...

Hmmm . . .

Moves
19 Jul 11
1 edit

It is unthinkable and impossible for a Muslim to believe in the existence of God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the New Testament sense. Whoever says that God has a partner, companion or an equal God beside him will, from an Islamic point of view, fall into an unforgivable sin (like the sin against the Holy Spirit in Christianity). Consequently, the Islam ims must repudiate this concept. For them Allah is never a triune God, but one person alone.
The Islamic name, Allah, corresponds to the Hebrew name Elohim…

Yes and no. Elohim is not the only word in the Hebrew Scriptures (the “Old Testament” ) that is rendered as “god”. There are also the singular versions: e.g., El, Elah, Eloah. And sometimes, in the OT, elohim does refer to many gods, not just a “royal we”.

I would be interested in a reputable source for your exegesis of the Arabic “Allah” as “AL-el” or Al-el-hu” since I have never come across that.

You are right in that neither Jews nor Muslims believe that God is triune (nor do non-Chalcedonian Christians). The single creedal statement of Judaism is Sh’ma Yisrael YHVH eloheinu YHVH ehad—“Hear, O Israel, YHVH our god, YHVH is one”. So your disagreement, from a trinitarian point of view goes beyond just Muslims. Are all Jews “satanic”? Are all non-trinitarian Christians (e.g., the Coptic church) “satanic”?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF

RJHinds:[b] "Islam is a Satanic religion, trying to replace Christianity."

RJHinds: "[Muslims] do all kinds of evil things because they have been tricked by Satan."

RJHinds: "Islam is another lie created by Satan to deceive man and i ...[text shortened]... oes your version of what's "fair" require us to buy in to your partisan sophistry?
My grandson says your picture is creepy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by vistesd
[b]The Islamic name, Allah, corresponds to the Hebrew name Elohim…

Yes and no. Elohim is not the only word in the Hebrew Scriptures (the “Old Testament” ) that is rendered as “god”. There are also the singular versions: e.g., El, Elah, Eloah. And sometimes, in the OT, elohim does refer to many gods, not just a “royal we”.

I would be inte ...[text shortened]... Are all Jews “satanic”? Are all non-trinitarian Christians (e.g., the Coptic church) “satanic”?[/b]
I was told that the Hebrew word for "one" here is not an absolute one.
Check it out. Maybe, it also allows for unified one, like the Trinity of
God. The old testament does refer to God's Son. For example, it asks
do you know God's name and His Son's name.

F

Moves
19 Jul 11

My grandson says your picture is creepy.
Has your grandson been brought up to debate in the same way as you do?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
Has your grandson been brought up to debate in the same way as you do?
He just came along and saw your picture on the computer monitor and
made his comment. He just turned 7 years old and plays chess and
watches me sometimes when I am looking at my games. I did not have
any moves to make and clicked on to this forum. I just thought his
comment was funny.

F

Moves
20 Jul 11

I just thought his comment was funny.
But why did you type it out and send it to an online forum?

j

Moves
20 Jul 11
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF

RJHinds:[b] "Islam is a Satanic religion, trying to replace Christianity."

RJHinds: "Islam is another lie created by Satan to deceive man and i oes your version of what's "fair" require us to buy in to your partisan sophistry?
[/b]
I didn't see him use the term "Satanist". I count a "Satanist" as one who knowingly is intentionally worshipping the Devil, like Anton Levy and his Church of Satan. A loud and proud Satan worshipper.

And while "partisan sophistry" is a mighty impressive sounding phrase, I think RJHinds and I come from two different political viewpoints. I tend to vote Dems. in the US.

I have no real issue in this debate. And who would ever dare to argue with someone who uses a phrase like "partisan sophistry" ?

F

Moves
20 Jul 11

Originally posted by jaywill

I didn't see him use the term "Satanist".[/b]
Not interested in your word play. What your fellow Christian is claiming is quite clear.

j

Moves
20 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
Not interested in your word play. What your fellow Christian is claiming is quite clear.
Accuracy in quoting is not word play.