The Presidency

The Presidency

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jul 11

Originally posted by buckky
I think if a brillant person came upon the political scene that happened to not be a Christian, but someone that had no specific belief pertaining to God or religion, they would stand no chance of being elected to anything other than dog catcher. The thought police would see to it that no one with a free mind could ever be in office. The best people stay out of politics for a good reason. They don't stand a chance.
It just confirms the amount of influance that religions have on the political elements which is something Jesus condemned. He said his followers were to be no part of the world. Jesus also said if his Kingdom were part of the world his followers would have faught to keep him alive.
A true Christian would follow Jesus's words on this and not be involved in the worlds political issues...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
I have absolutely no desire to divest josephw and RJHinds of their beliefs (same was true with Dasa who I think is almost indistinguishable - "spiritually" and intellectually from josephw and RJHinds). So I have no interest in what psychological 'relationship' they happen to have or don't have with one of the figures from their theological folklore.

What doe ...[text shortened]... i]ungodly[/i] ugliness they hurl at other people on this forum?
This all started with my statement that Islam was a Satan inspired religion,
because I believe the angel that Mohammed said visited him was Satan in
disguise. Then you, apparently claiming not to be Moslem, took offense
and you began to claim I was accusing you of being inspired by Satan. So
after going back and forth awhile, I basically said, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
I have absolutely no desire to divest josephw and RJHinds of their beliefs (same was true with Dasa who I think is almost indistinguishable - "spiritually" and intellectually from josephw and RJHinds). So I have no interest in what psychological 'relationship' they happen to have or don't have with one of the figures from their theological folklore.

What doe ...[text shortened]... i]ungodly[/i] ugliness they hurl at other people on this forum?
"Don't Christians like josephw and RJHinds ever take a step back and read and reflect upon the ungodly ugliness they hurl at other people on this forum?"

That's pure hypocrisy.

F

Moves
27 Jul 11

Originally posted by josephw
FMF:[b] "Don't Christians like josephw and RJHinds ever take a step back and read and reflect upon the ungodly ugliness they hurl at other people on this forum?"

That's pure hypocrisy.[/b]
Really? What "ungodly ugliness" have I hurled at you or RJHinds? Have I sought to explain your "spirituality" in terms of you being deceived by "Satan" - the worst 'insult' a Christian can attempt to lash out with? The answer is no. So, I ask again: do you ever reflect on your inability to process dissent with civility or a sense of proportion?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Really? What "ungodly ugliness" have I hurled at you or RJHinds? Have I sought to explain your "spirituality" in terms of you being deceived by "Satan" - the worst 'insult' a Christian can attempt to lash out with? The answer is no. So, I ask again: do you ever reflect on your inability to process dissent with civility or a sense of proportion?
I tried to have a civil debate with you fmf, but you have resorted to this hypocrisy.

I'll eat my words if you can find one statement I ever made in this forum where I personally accused someone of being under the influence of Satan.

Otherwise you can eat yours.

F

Moves
27 Jul 11
1 edit

I tried to have a civil debate with you fmf, but you have resorted to this hypocrisy.
What hypocrisy? I take exception to RJHinds accusing me of being influenced by "Satan" and you butt in saying it's not an "accusation" but that it's an observation. You are then pressed to detail what you have "observed" that shows me to be influenced by "Satan", and couldn't and you've been back-peddling ever since trying to bury what you said under a pile of schlocky self-help book type cliches. I know enough about Christians to know that - with this "Satan" stuff - that you're not trying to be "civil", to put it mildly!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
What hypocrisy? I take exception to RJHinds accusing me of being influenced by "Satan" and you butt in saying it's not an "accusation" but that it's an observation. You are then pressed to detail what you have "observed" that shows me to be influenced by "Satan", and couldn't and you've been back-peddling ever since trying to bury what you said under a pi ...[text shortened]... th this "Satan" stuff - that you're not trying to be "civil", to put it mildly!
Look, if you'd like we can forget the past and start over. I'm not making any formal accusations, but you are not ignorant about the Bible and what it says concerning Satan. As a Christian, it would be disingenuous of me to soft peddle what the scriptures clearly say.

I'm not interested in a debate where we make accusations or any other belittling remarks. If we can't probe into each others thoughts and ideas within the context of this forum, then what are we doing here?

I speak for no one else but myself.

F

Moves
27 Jul 11
1 edit

I'm not making any formal accusations, but you are not ignorant about the Bible and what it says concerning Satan. As a Christian, it would be disingenuous of me to soft peddle what the scriptures clearly say.
So your innuendo about "Satan" and your furtive references to your "observations" about me are inspired by your Bible, then. RJHinds was more up front about it, I suppose. But essentially - whether it be soft peddled or hard peddled - the smearing of dissenters is mandated by your folk stories and religionist literature, that much you have confirmed. Consider yourself well and truly 'probed', josephw.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
So your innuendo about "Satan" and your furtive references to your "observations" about me are inspired by your Bible, then. RJHinds was more up front about it, I suppose. But essentially - whether it be soft peddled or hard peddled - the smearing of dissenters is mandated by your folk stories and religionist literature, that much you have confirmed. Consider yourself well and truly 'probed', josephw.
I must of really hit a nerve. I did not realize you were so in love with Islam
and the Moslems.

F

Moves
28 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I must of really hit a nerve. I did not realize you were so in love with Islam
and the Moslems.
What I 'love' - or appreciate - is a bit of common decency, humanity and humility. Poisonous, duckspeaking, 'them-and-us' Christians like yourself do not "hit a nerve" with me. The "spirituality" that oozes out of you is strictly same old same old.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
What I 'love' - or appreciate - is a bit of common decency, humanity and humility. Poisonous, duckspeaking, 'them-and-us' Christians like yourself do not "hit a nerve" with me. The "spirituality" that oozes out of you is strictly same old same old.
Oh, you are really ticked off, I see. Sorry man. Just cool down
and re-group. You can handle it.

F

Moves
28 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Oh, you are really ticked off, I see.
Ticked off? Not in the slightest. Don't flatter yourself. I haven't been genuinely angry with anyone on this web site for about 4 years.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
Ticked off? Not in the slightest. Don't flatter yourself. I haven't been genuinely angry with anyone on this web site for about 4 years.
Okay. That's good. My mistake. Now accept Jesus as your savior
and everything will be fine.