The Presidency

The Presidency

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]You are deceived into believing you know the truth.

Where has he ever claimed to know the 'truth'?[/b]
I did not say that he claimed to know the truth.
I said he was deceived into believing he knows the truth.
He certainly does not know the Truth.
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

F

Moves
24 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are deceived into believing you know the truth. You don't know
that you are deceived and therefore, do not believe when I tell you
the truth. I do not know what manner of evil you may be up to, that
will be between you and God.
So you have claimed that I am under the influence of Satan and yet you cannot cite any "evil" that I am supposedly up to. Does this mean you believe a person can live a good life - free of "evil" - even when under the influence of Satan, like you have claimed I inadvertently am?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
So you have claimed that I am under the influence of Satan and yet you cannot cite any "evil" that I am supposedly up to. Does this mean you believe a person can live a good life - free of "evil" - even when under the influence of Satan, like you have claimed I inadvertently am?
I don't recall saying you were under the influence of Satan, I think
I said you were deceived. I have no way of knowing if you are under
Satan's influence and control or not. But you can make sure you are not
by turning to Jesus and accepting Him as your God and Savior.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

I don't recall saying you were under the influence of Satan, I think
I said you were deceived. I have no way of knowing if you are under
Satan's influence and control or not.
Being deceived by "Satan" does not mean being influenced by him? How can that be? What is the substance of this deception you are referring to if it has no influence?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
Being deceived by "Satan" does not mean being influenced by him? How can that be? What is the substance of this deception you are referring to if it has no influence?
I guess you will have to be the judge if you are under the influence of
Satan or not. All I know for sure is that you are deceived.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

I guess you will have to be the judge if you are under the influence of
Satan or not. All I know for sure is that you are deceived.
That simply dodges the question that arises from your assertions and accusations. What is the substance of this deception that you are claiming there is and, if it exists as you claim it does, how does this "Satanic" influence manifest itself?

Why do I have to "judge if [I am]under the influence of Satan or not"? It is surely you who is making the accusation not me? It is surely you who is making the accusation that I am "deceived" by "Satan" and not me?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
That simply dodges the question that arises from your assertions and accusations. What is the substance of this deception that you are claiming there is and, if it exists as you claim it does, how does this "Satanic" influence manifest itself?

Why do I have to "judge if [I am]under the influence of Satan or not"? It is surely you who is making the accusation ...[text shortened]... t is surely you who is making the accusation that I am "deceived" by "Satan" and not me?
You know yourself better than I do. You should be able to determine
if your deception is self induced or is a result of Satan. I believe you
said you were not Moslem, so I do not know if the Islamic religion is
an influence on your life or not. You should know.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11
1 edit

You know yourself better than I do. You should be able to determine
if your deception is self induced or is a result of Satan.
But I am not claiming to be "deceived" by "Satan". I don't claim to be "deceived" at all. It is you who is making these accusations, but when asked to substantiate them you are saying it is me who has to substantiate them. Is this more of your 'humour'?

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

I believe you said you were not Moslem, so I do not know if the Islamic religion is
an influence on your life or not.
What would be the substance of this "influence" on me and the role of "Satan" in it?

You should know.

Once again, it is you who has to explain or justify your accusations, not me.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
But I am not claiming to be "deceived" by "Satan". I don't claim to be "deceived" at all. It is you who is making these accusations, but when asked to substantiate them you are saying it is me who has to do so.
Do the deceived know they are deceived before they learn they've been deceived?

Of course not! You see, FMF, being deceived isn't an accusation. It's an observation. Of course being told one is deceived feels a lot like an accusation, and maybe sometimes it is. But when talking about something like the existence of a supernatural being, the idea is that if one isn't aware of it's existence, it is as a result of having been deceived into thinking said being doesn't exist.

Of course, that argument works the other way around just as well.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by josephw
DYou see, FMF, being deceived isn't an accusation. It's an observation. Of course being told one is deceived feels a lot like an accusation, and maybe sometimes it is.
Well the, why not justify the "observation"? What is the substance of this deception? How is "Satan" deceiving me? What is the substance of "Satan's" influence on me? What is it that you claim to be observing? All I am hearing is unsubstantiated claims and assertions.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
Well the, why not justify the "observation"? What is the substance of this deception? How is "Satan" deceiving me? What is the substance of "Satan's" influence on me? What is it that you claim to be observing? All I am hearing is unsubstantiated claims and assertions.
Okay. But I'm warning you. It can't be fully developed in this format. Let me just throw it out there off the cuff, and let's see how far we can go.

What are we able to do? By that I mean, what modes or avenues of expression are we capable of? (read my intent, as I'm sure my phraseology is lacking)

Three things. We think. We say. we do. That's all we have. You asked for justification of the observation. We think about, speak about, and do with what we observe. I observe the universe, and as I think about it, and talk about it, and act within it, I am aware of something bigger, greater than the universe itself. I don't know why that is, but I know it's true. (I know. I'm even boring myself)

In the end, how do I know anything at all? I don't. How can I? Did I invent myself?!? I must learn from observing an objective universe. It is from without that I learn what to think about, to talk about, and to act upon. I cannot, do not, generate an original thought, or speak words unknown, nor do I do anything that hasn't been done before. (excluding using a computer, but it's really only manipulating what already existed before we all came into existence) I hope you get my point.

I have learned to hear a voice.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Okay. But I'm warning you. It can't be fully developed in this format. Let me just throw it out there off the cuff, and let's see how far we can go.

What are we able to do? By that I mean, what modes or avenues of expression are we capable of? (read my intent, as I'm sure my phraseology is lacking)

Three things. We think. We say. we do. That's all we all came into existence) I hope you get my point.

I have learned to hear a voice.
So you're saying it's not actually you who's observing me to be deceived/influenced by "Satan" but instead it's someone else telling you it is so, or perhaps something someone has claimed about me before, and then you are passing unsubstantiated assertion off as your own "observation"? Your's seems a highly convoluted kind of misanthropy, surely?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
So you're saying it's not actually you who's observing me to be deceived/influenced by "Satan" but instead it's someone else telling you it is so, or perhaps something someone has claimed about me before, and then you are passing unsubstantiated assertion off as your own "observation"? Your's seems a highly convoluted kind of misanthropy, surely?
He is saying you must be born again.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

He is saying you must be born again.
I understand your religionist terminology but I do not subscribe to it.