1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 23:16
    I'm interested in a serious discussion about the Rapture. I've been exploring some ideas about the Tribulation, and even though I always thought the Rapture was just some wishful thinking by Christians that they could avoid the worst times ever to come to this planet, and that the only Rapture we'll see is the post-Tribulation Rapture when Christ comes back to take down the AntiChrist, but I'm starting to come around to the idea that a pre-Tribulation Rapture is a possible part of God's Plan concerning the events foretold in the book of Revelation. Yes, I'm facing a possible change in the way I think of the Rapture. As part of this exploration of the concepts behind the idea, I wanted to ask the Christians in the forum what are their thoughts on the Rapture? Do you believe it will be a Pre-Tribulation event, or a Post-Tribulation event, or both? Do you even believe in a Rapture event at all, since the word isn't in the Bible? (Yes, I understand how some folks here think, that if it's not in the Bible, then it can't possibly be real.)

I'm just interested in some thoughts on the Rapture, will it happen, when will it happen, why do you think so, and what has guided your beliefs about the Rapture?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 23:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm interested in a serious discussion about the Rapture. I've been exploring some ideas about the Tribulation, and even though I always thought the Rapture was just some wishful thinking by Christians that they could avoid the worst times ever to come to this planet, and that the only Rapture we'll see is the post-Tribulation Rapture when Christ comes bac ...[text shortened]... n, when will it happen, why do you think so, and what has guided your beliefs about the Rapture?
    rapture is nonsense -

I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God - 1 Corinthians 15:50
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 23:50
    I'm interested in a serious discussion about the Rapture. I've been exploring some ideas about the Tribulation, and even though I always thought the Rapture was just some wishful thinking by Christians that they could avoid the worst times ever to come to this planet, and that the only Rapture we'll see is the post-Tribulation Rapture when Christ comes bac ...[text shortened]... n, when will it happen, why do you think so, and what has guided your beliefs about the Rapture?
    Hi Suzianne, I'm a member of the BHA and an Atheist, it's a shame you only want comments from Christians. It's loading the dice a little bit isn't it?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 23:55
    I trust in Christ so honestly if the rapture happens or not still glory to God if it's pre, mid, or post.

I trust in Pre because God 's word says there is now no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. So in saying that why would God have his true saved believers that's names are written in the lambs book of life take part in his wrath being poured out upon the ungodly of humanity.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 23:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    rapture is nonsense -

I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God - 1 Corinthians 15:50
    Yes and in verse 51 it goes on to say that we will be transformed
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 00:111 edit
    I have also been back and forth on pretrib, mid trib, but definitely not post trib. I say that because we are spared from the wrath of God.
    Rom 5:9
    Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him
    NKJV

Besides, I don't think there would be enough people left to rapture.

So, I am inclined as I said, more to pretrib and midtrib...There are good arguments for both.
    Sorry, but that is all the input I have for now. I will have to study on this matter myself.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 00:11
    I'm interested in a serious discussion about the Rapture.
    The beginning and the end of the serious discussion about "The Rapture" is that it is an 18th century invention by USA Evangelists, which, after a brief spell of success among the Plymouth Brethren, now only prevails in its country of origin and isn't taken seriously by the vast, but vast majority of Christians in the rest of the world at all. It's simply not a part of Christian dogma; it's a fabrication based on a misinterpretation of a single verse in 1 Thes.
    (This is not to say that non-USA and non-Evangelical Christians don't believe the world is going to end, some day, some way. They just don't believe in "The Rapture" as it is described in Chick Tracts and related pseudo-Christian pseudo-literature.)
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 00:121 edit
    I've heard Pre, Mid, Post Tribulation, I've even heard of those that believe
    it isn't going to be Christians taken but the wicked removing them from
    the earth as the evil were removed during Noah's time.

My personal view is that it is going to happen, Jesus is coming back, and
    the only view I have on when is I will not know when and it does not at
    all matter. If I die before it happens and I'm not ready, it really doesn't
    help me, the only thing that does matter is that we come to God in Christ
    Jesus and then when He does come it should be to a time we are following
    Him with our whole hearts.

I personally believe that either the "Anti-Christ" is alive right now or soon
    will be. That is not be confused with the little anti-Christ we see on this
    board and else where.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 00:39
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    The beginning and the end of the serious discussion about "The Rapture" is that it is an 18th century invention by USA Evangelists, which, after a brief spell of success among the Plymouth Brethren, now only prevails in its country of origin and isn't taken seriously by the vast, but [b]vast majority of Christians in the rest of the world at ...[text shortened]... The Rapture" as it is described in Chick Tracts and related pseudo-Christian pseudo-literature.)[/b]
    Yep, it's not something the Church of England ever talk about and as far as I know the Roman Catholic Church don't believe in it. The first I heard of the notion was in the novel Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. As I remember the Angel Aziraphale accidentally occupies the body of a TV evangelist and points out on National Television that it's a war between Heaven and Hell, that there would be no point in the war if the outcome was certain, and that the civilian population will all die without anyone being corporally protected - if watching all the unrighteous being burnt is one's idea of a morally uplifting experience.

They are right, if you give this even an iota of thought there is a major ethical problem with the notion of the rapture.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 01:07
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Yep, it's not something the Church of England ever talk about and as far as I know the Roman Catholic Church don't believe in it. The first I heard of the notion was in the novel Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. As I remember the Angel Aziraphale accidentally occupies the body of a TV evangelist and points out on National Television that ...[text shortened]... ve this even an iota of thought there is a major ethical problem with the notion of the rapture.
    Check

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3175.htm

for an RCC view of the Rapture.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 01:36
    23 Reasons to Believe in a Rapture before the Great Tribulation

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/23-reasons-to-believe-in-a-rapture-before-the-great-tribulation
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 01:49
    Originally posted by JS357
    Check

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3175.htm

for an RCC view of the Rapture.
    I don't think that that article is talking about the same thing. The Rapture in that article is a temporary state, each mention of the word Rapture links to a page on Religious Ecstasy [1]. What they are talking about in this thread is an event during the War between Heaven and Hell at the putative end of time where the righteous are physically lifted away from and protected from the destruction of the Earth. I don't think therefore that the article you've linked to is relevant, although it's worth noting that the article refers to a spiritual state rather than a physical one.

[1] http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05277a.htm
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 01:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I've heard Pre, Mid, Post Tribulation, I've even heard of those that believe
    it isn't going to be Christians taken but the wicked removing them from
    the earth as the evil were removed during Noah's time.

My personal view is that it is going to happen, Jesus is coming back, and
    the only view I have on when is I will not know when and it does not at
    al ...[text shortened]... ll be. That is not be confused with the little anti-Christ we see on this
    board and else where.
    Yes Robert Jeffers preaches this.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 01:50
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have also been back and forth on pretrib, mid trib, but definitely not post trib. I say that because we are spared from the wrath of God.
    Rom 5:9
    Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him
    NKJV

Besides, I don't think there would be enough people left to rapture.

So, I am inc ...[text shortened]... h.
    Sorry, but that is all the input I have for now. I will have to study on this matter myself.
    At the end times the world will have gone to about 7.5 billion down to maybe 2 billion people
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 02:27
    Timely topic, Suzi, which will probably gain daily traction and bring to the foreground viewpoint differences among friends.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree