1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:21
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    OK, lets try this, Why do you not believe in the THE WORD OF GOD?
    The question is why do you believe that your particular and peculiar interpretation of the Bible is the Word of God - you've offered nothing but because you say so. Many people have studied the Bible but your interpretation is followed by only a tiny portion of Christianity. From what I understand, you are very young with very little experience of the world. It is, of course, not unusual for young people to think they have all the answers, but your fanatical obession seems to border on mental illness. You've given us no reason to believe that your understanding of scripture is superior to anybody else here; on the contrary, you seem incapable of discussing it in a rational, non-emotional way. Therefore, I consider it incumbent upon you to explain why you feel that the tiny fundamentalist cult you belong to, which excludes about 95%-99% of the human race, knows what the Word of God is and nobody else does.
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:21
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    You should rather ask yourself why you do believe in the word of God. Divest yourself of all answers that you learned via doctrine or blindly accepted or simply "believed" because this is what you were told by "authorities".

What remains, however slim, is your actual understanding.
    The question was "Why is it that you donot believe in, THE WORD OF GOD"?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:23
    Do you believe in GOD? Have you acceptted the Savation of CHRIST? Are you Saved? Do you realize that you are going to Hell,if you donot accept the Salvation of JESUS CHRIST?
    Again with the parrot act. You need help, son.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Again with the parrot act. You need help, son.
    I'll take that as a 'No'.

ES
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'll take that as a 'No'.

ES
    Actually, the answer to all those questions IMO is "I don't know" and I don't think BF101 does either.
  6. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:381 edit
    The question was "Why is it that you donot believe in, THE WORD OF GOD"?
    Who said I don't? Watch the assumptions.

I've simply learned to discern spiritual truth from fundamentalist indoctrination. You appear to be indoctrinated, much how a person of certain ideology gets indoctrinated, and then blanketly condemns all those who are different.

In integral psychology, there are understood to be basic stages of growth. Essentially, they are pre-ego, ego, and trans-ego. Child, adult, wise-person. (Though alas, the third stage is rarely reached).

Likewise in spirituality, there are phases. They are basically, exoteric, mesoteric, esoteric. Outer, middle, inner.

Jesus himself spoke about words "for those who could hear". All great teachers have made references to levels of comprehension.

Exoteric is religious, in its organized form. It is based on blind acceptance of doctrine.

Mesoteric is the level at which the individual actually attempts to improve their quality as a person, rather than simply relying on authorities or doctrine.

Esoteric is the level at which you begin to take full responsibility for your mind, and its powerful capacities for generating illusions. This is the beginning of the enlightenment process. It's the spiritual equivalent of "growing up". Through it, you learn to filter out religious distortions and see more clearly into the nature of reality. You begin to grasp how the wise teachers of history were all more or less saying the same thing, when freed from the fundamentalist trappings that accumulated around their words over many centuries of time.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 03:26
    Who said I don't? Watch the assumptions.

I've simply learned to discern spiritual truth from fundamentalist indoctrination. You appear to be indoctrinated, much how a person of certain ideology gets indoctrinated, and then blanketly condemns all those who are different.

In integral psychology, there are understood to be basic stages of growth. ...[text shortened]... om the fundamentalist trappings that accumulated around their words over many centuries of time.
    What about the Salvation that CHRIST freely offers. Have you acceptted it?
  8. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    21 May '05 03:53
    Look, would you like us to draw up a list of who is and isn't a Christian and mail it to you? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN CONSTRUCT AN ARGUMENT?

You seem to believe that by avoiding all other questions and asking people whether they are saved, you can get someone to go "no, I haven't received salvation", get down on their knees and say the sinner's prayer.

Never mind anyone else, I have told you I am a Christian, and you have totally ignored me. Is it because I'm not going to earn you brownie points as a soul saved?
  9. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 04:45
    Yes. I've also accepted the salvation offered by Buddha, Socrates, Lao Tzu, and Woody Allen.

Wisdom is everywhere. You just have to be able to see it. Once you learn how to see it, you no longer rely on salvation from anything external to your own nature. This is the beginning of becoming spiritually mature. Christ refers to this in Luke, where he says "the kingdom of heaven is within".

You cannot live your life worrying about some external paradise that you are investing in, like some sort of mutual funds. The markets are never fully reliable, be they of commerce or religion. The "gold" is within.
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 07:04
    Yes. I've also accepted the salvation offered by Buddha, Socrates, Lao Tzu, and Woody Allen.

Wisdom is everywhere. You just have to be able to see it. Once you learn how to see it, you no longer rely on salvation from anything external to your own nature. This is the beginning of becoming spiritually mature. Christ refers to this in Luke, where he ...[text shortened]... The markets are never fully reliable, be they of commerce or religion. The "gold" is within.
    Your right you can find wisdom everywhere. But you can only find the Words and wisdom of Salvation only, in the THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD , has been rejected by man for many many years. THE WORD OF GOD, has been laughed at, as well as those that believe and speak it. So all the words that are being spoken against me because of what I believe. I have to say thank you because now more than ever before I know that JESUS IS LORD.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 May '05 07:461 edit
    Your right you can find wisdom everywhere. But you can only find the Words and wisdom of Salvation only, in the THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD , has been rejected by man for many many years. THE WORD OF GOD, has been laughed at, as ...[text shortened]... k you because now more than ever before I know that JESUS IS LORD.
    I'm just amazed that someone that professes to be a Christian has such a lack of understanding of the word of the Kingdom.
  12. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    21 May '05 08:11
    Your right you can find wisdom everywhere. But you can only find the Words and wisdom of Salvation only, in the THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD , has been rejected by man for many many years. THE WORD OF GOD, has been laughed at, as well as those that believe and speak it. So all the words that are being spoken against me because of what I believe. I have to say thank you because now more than ever before I know that JESUS IS LORD.
    You know, there is a difference between being a fool for CHRIST and being a pain in the...
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 May '05 01:45
    You realize that this is precisely the same mentality that emboldened a group of young Islamic radicals to fly passenger jets into the WTC towers on Sept 11th?

It's called fanaticism motivated by threats or spurious promises. It's been possibly the most insidiously sinister kind of psychological programming known to history.
    CHRIST has never taught any of HIS believers to hurt or kill anyone. Whether they believed in HIM or not.
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 May '05 01:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The question is why do you believe that your particular and peculiar interpretation of the Bible is the Word of God - you've offered nothing but because you say so. Many people have studied the Bible but your interpretation is followed by only a tiny portion of Christianity. From what I understand, you are very young with very little experience o ...[text shortened]... ch excludes about 95%-99% of the human race, knows what the Word of God is and nobody else does.
    Well now, you have decided what is the right and wrong way to Worship GOD. My interrpertation, is That all that believe in and follow JESUS CHRIST, must follow every Word that HE,spoke. I believe in and have been taught that every word of THE WORD OF GOD is true and will remain true forever.
    Are you trying to say few Christians follow the WORDS OF CHRIST? Or believe really in HIS WORDS?
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 May '05 02:18
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Look, would you like us to draw up a list of who is and isn't a Christian and mail it to you? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN CONSTRUCT AN ARGUMENT?

You seem to believe that by avoiding all other questions and asking people whether they are saved, you can get someone to go "no, I haven't received salvation", get down on their kne ...[text shortened]... ve totally ignored me. Is it because I'm not going to earn you brownie points as a soul saved?
    If you are a Christian as you say. Why spend so much time speaking against THE WORD OF GOD. If you are a Believer PRAISE THE LORD!!!. I believe then you Should also know that you too, should also be speading THE WORD OF GOD. Yes we believers have differences of the understanding of THE WORD OF GOD. But the end of our differences are always the same. JESUS CHRIST died for all sinners. All that have chosen to believe in HIM, have Salvation and Everlasting Life. All that choose not to believe in HIM have Dammnation and everlasting punishment. Is that not what JESUS CHRIST said and taught. Is that not what THE LORD has allowed me to say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree