1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 21:42
    Originally posted by orfeo
    I am bloody sick of this rock, which is why I created this thread:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=22199

I actually like bbarr's answer better than my own. Now go away. For your homework, make a triangle with four sides.
    What if CHRIST is that rock? Are you sick of CHRIST? Or hearing about CHRIST?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 May '05 21:46
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Jesus was fully God and fully man. He was still omnipotent even as a man.
    If so, how come Jesus did not know everything that the Father did; for example:

Matthew 24: 36: But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

I know you guys don't care for the Gospel of Matthew but it is in your Holy Bible.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 May '05 21:49
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Since you ignore those words of Christ that don't fit into your little fundie cult delusion that you are a member of a special, tiny group and most of humanity is condemned to eternal punishment, you are in no position to judge others views of Christ. You're just a little boy wanting to get back at the world for mistreating you, not some prophet of God. Get over yourself, blindfaith101; your hubris is showing.
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 22:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Since you ignore those words of Christ that don't fit into your little fundie cult delusion that you are a member of a special, tiny group and most of humanity is condemned to eternal punishment, you are in no position to judge others views of Christ. You're just a little boy wanting to get back at the world for mistreating you, not some prophet of God. Get over yourself, blindfaith101; your hubris is showing.
    Seem as if when someone asks a question that appeas to be truth, you insult and call names. I have only repeated what THE WORD OF GOD has said. If you are convicted by what THE WORD OF GOD, has said, or disbelieve what it has said, how do you hold me respsonible? I have never claimed be anyone other that a Believer in THE WORD OF GOD, nothing more.
    True though I shall be judge by what I have done with the THE WORD OF GOD. And my life within it.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 22:13
    If so, how come Jesus did not know everything that the Father did; for example:

Matthew 24: 36: But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

I know you guys don't care for the Gospel of Matthew but it is in your Holy Bible.
    CHRIST came to this earth as a man. A man that taught how a man was to live according to the will of GOD. Yes, HE was GOD in human flesh form. Yet HE knew that the Spiritual being of GOD,was separate from human flesh GOD.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 May '05 22:16
    CHRIST came to this earth as a man. A man that taught how a man was to live according to the will of GOD. Yes, HE was GOD in human flesh form. Yet HE knew that the Spiritual being of GOD,was separate from human flesh GOD.
    Thanks for the gibberish; perhaps somebody rational would answer the question.
  7. South Dakota, USA
    Moves
    19 May '05 22:32
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]If God is all-powerful, can He create a rock so big that He can't lift it?

This question has popped up quite a few times. The answer:

No. God cannot do the logically impossible, any more than He can act out of character with Himself. God cannot, for instance, create a square circle, stop being good, or cease being God. God can do everything t ...[text shortened]... iracles. For further study, see Jeremiah 32:17, Matthew 19:26, Hebrews 6:18, and 2 Timothy 2:13.[/b]
    Actually the problem here is that the question has the form of a real question but it does not actually constitute a real question. It has words that make it look like a question, but the words have no content.Can God give a rational number expressing the ratio between the diameter of a circle and its circumference? Can he create a four sided triangle?

Theanalysis here is that yes, God can create mass without limit. That's what his omnipotence means as applied to mass. He can also apply force (in the physics sense) without limit. But to create a mass so massive that it could not be moved by any finite force would mean an infinite mass. "Infinite mass" is a verbalism that has no more content than "four sided triangle" or "the rational number, pi." Mass, by its nature, is a finite thing. Ditto force.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 22:32
    Thanks for the gibberish; perhaps somebody rational would answer the question.
    Many believe that THE WORDS OF GOD,are gibberrish. But the day is coming soon when all will stand in judgement for their take of what THE WORD OF GOD says. And will have to explain why or why not they did or didnot believe it. Are you ready for that day?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 May '05 22:412 edits
    Many believe that THE WORDS OF GOD,are gibberrish. But the day is coming soon when all will stand in judgement for their take of what THE WORD OF GOD says. And will have to explain why or why not they did or didnot believe it. Are you ready for that day?
    One more time, little boy: your words are NOT THE WORDS OF GOD. Your post was gibberish, not God's. Get over yourself, blindfaith; you are a bitter child NOT some great Prophet. Go see a qualified psychoanalyst and maybe you can work through your persecution complex and delusions of grandeur.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 May '05 22:432 edits
    And will have to explain why or why not they did or didnot believe it.
    Can you explain to us why you believe THE WORD OF GOD?

This is a question that is often asked but seldom answered. Are you ready to answer it?
  11. Joined
    19 May '05
    Moves
    20 May '05 01:40
    Ok, a limitless ogd creates a limited child. Only so that his godness cannot be chalenged on Earth?
    Or is it for other reasons. If the bible is truew, Angels are limited too. Satan, had he had unlimited power would have been God's equal. This shows God's power for peer equality. As a ruler, you don't want to challenged, especially if you can lose. I believe this weak ideal alone makes God manipulative and power hungry.

God's not destroying satan after his betrayal was also an act of power, not sympathy. The Bible in itself is a pre-written book fortelling a furture where God truimphs over "people" (for lack of word) who are not even nearly his equal. The Bible is a testament of Dietal egotism, that's all.
  12. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    20 May '05 03:141 edit
    Christ is a human being, he is not a literal rock. I thought we were talking about literal rocks, albeit ones with peculiar properties. I haven't the FAINTEST idea why you are bringing Christ into this.

I ignored you when you said this in my first thread, precisely because it makes no sense. Please explain the relevance of Jesus Christ, God's Son (who I happen to believe in, by the way), to the issue of whether the unliftable rock question actually makes sense or is inherently paradoxical.

You're like the kid in Sunday School who thinks Jesus is the answer to every question. What did you say in maths when the teacher asked if you can divide by zero - "yes, Jesus can do it"?
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 May '05 04:01
    Christ is a human being, he is not a literal rock. I thought we were talking about literal rocks, albeit ones with peculiar properties. I haven't the FAINTEST idea why you are bringing Christ into this.

I ignored you when you said this in my first thread, precisely because it makes no sense. Please explain the relevance of Jesus Christ, God's Son (who I ...[text shortened]... id you say in maths when the teacher asked if you can divide by zero - "yes, Jesus can do it"?
    That's pretty good, orf.

🙂
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 May '05 04:09

I ignored you when you said this in my first thread, precisely because it makes no sense. Please explain the relevance of Jesus Christ, God's Son (who I ...[text shortened]... id you say in maths when the teacher asked if you can divide by zero - "yes, Jesus can do it"?
    Probably more like: Yes, THE WORD OF GOD states that CHRIST can divide by zero, square triangles and make cats and dogs live in peace and harmony. You reject THE WORD OF GOD, math teacher at your peril; you will be DAMNED by THE WORD OF GOD and placed in ETERNAL HELLFIRE by CHRIST in the INFINITE MERCY OF THE WORD OF GOD. CHRIST is the ROCK, the SQUARE TRIANGLE and anything else I can't explain by using non-psychotic reasoning. Now go with THE WORD OF GOD OR ELSE!
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 May '05 05:081 edit
    You're like the kid in Sunday School who thinks Jesus is the answer to every question.
    I predict that his response will entail that Jesus is the answer to every question.

Obadiah

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree