1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 05:27
    I apologise to everyone, Thinkofone, Joseph, King David, for my abrasive behaviour and somewhat obnoxious demeanour. I did not want to get involved in this discussion from the start and unless i am asked a direct question, i will say nothing further, once again i unreservedly apologise, especially to thinkofone, to whom i have been particularly rude.

😳
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 06:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I apologise to everyone, Thinkofone, Joseph, King David, for my abrasive behaviour and somewhat obnoxious demeanour. I did not want to get involved in this discussion from the start and unless i am asked a direct question, i will say nothing further, once again i unreservedly apologise, especially to thinkofone, to whom i have been particularly rude.

😳
    All's forgotten here. 🙂
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 06:22
    THE ONE TRUE GOD

We believe in the one ever-living, eternal God: infinite in power, Holy in nature, attributes and purpose; and possessing absolute, indivisible deity. This one true God has revealed Himself as Father, through His Son, in redemption; and as the Holy Spirit, by emanation. (1 Cor. 8:6; Eph. 4:6; 2 Cor. 5:19; Joel 2:28).

The Scripture does more than attempt to prove the existence of God; it asserts, assumes and declares that the knowledge of God is universal. (Romans 1:19, 21, 28, 32; 2:15). God is invisible, incorporeal, without parts, without body, and therefore free from all limitations. He is Spirit (John 4:24), and a spirit hath not flesh and bones. (Luke 24:39).

The first of all the commandments is, hear, 0 Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord" (Mark 12:29; Deut. 6:4). "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Eph. 4:6).

This one true God manifested Himself in the Old Testament in divers ways; in the Son while He walked among men; as the Holy Spirit after the ascension.

THE SON OF GOD

The one true God, the Jehovah of the Old Testament, took upon Himself the form of man, and as the Son of man, was born of the virgin Mary. As Paul says "and without controversy great is the mystery of Godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16).

"He came unto His own, and His own received Him not" (John 1:11). This one true God was manifest in the flesh, that is, in His Son Jesus Christ. ". . God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them. . ." (2 Cor. 5:19).

We believe that, ". . in Him (Jesus) dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Col. 2:9). "For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fullness dwell" (Col. 1:19). Therefore, Jesus in His humanity was man; in His deity was and is God. His flesh was the lamb, or the sacrifice of God. He is the only mediator between God and man. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5).
    Jesus on His Father's side was divine, on His mother's side, human; Thus, He was known as the Son of God and also the son of man, or the God-man.

"For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him" (1 Cor. 15:27). "And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all" (1 Cor. 15:28).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

THE NAME

God used different titles, such as "God Elohim", "El Shaddai", "Jehovah", and especially "Jehovah Lord", the redemptive name in the Old Testament.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ... and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). This prophecy of Isaiah was fulfilled when the Son of God was named, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His People from their sins" (Matt. 1:21).

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 10:342 edits
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    THE ONE TRUE GOD

We believe in the one ever-living, eternal God: infinite in power, Holy in nature, attributes and purpose; and possessing absolute, indivisible deity. This one true God has revealed Himself as Father, through His Son, in redemption; and as the Holy Spirit, by emanation. (1 Cor. 8:6; Eph. 4:6; 2 Cor. 5:19; Joel 2:28).

The Scripture ven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
    Jehovah is not a title, it is a proper name and is represented in Hebrew by the four equivalent consonants, JHVH. The title Almighty God, in Hebrew is not el Shaddai as you have erroneously tried to assert, but El Gibbor. Christ is nowhere termed the Almighty, nor did he ever claim to be so. This again is just usual trinitarian dogma, however you wish to put a veneer on it and however you wish to term it. These truths are self evident. Furthermore Jehovah never took the form of a man, in fact, no one has seen God at any time. The Holy Spirit although is some instances is personified, as are many other inanimate things, is simply an inanimate force that God uses to accomplish his will, sorry, but i have lost count of the amount of times i have had to establish these very simple and self evident truths.

I simply took the first instance, the claim that Emmanuel proves that Christ is God and it simply cannot stand up to the light of reason, i hope i dont need to go through the rest of the post and do similarly with the rest. As yet there has been no refutation of my text offered on that one simple instance, why not, i do not know.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 10:51
    indeed let us take the second instance, a reference to JOHN 8:2, here is the verse,

(John 8:2) . . .At daybreak, however, he again presented himself at the temple, and all the people began coming to him, and he sat down and began to teach them.

what has this got to do with the fallacious claim that Christ is God, i do not know?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 11:031 edit
    Let us take a look at the third Instance,

(Malachi 3:6) . . .“For I am Jehovah; I have not changed. And you are sons of Jacob; you have not come to your finish. . .

(Hebrews 13:8) . . .Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever. . .

Thus simply because Christ, who exemplifies his father to such an extent that he has a similar personality that is perfectly balanced and does not change is hardly evidence that he is the same person, yet out trinitarian friends would have us believe otherwise, and so it goes on and on,
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 11:17

😳
    What were you doing up at 5:27am arguing over tosh?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 11:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What were you doing up at 5:27am arguing over tosh?
    i know dear Noobster, i should have known better, but i could not help it, they are promulgating untruths and masquerading them down the street like its a victory parade! whats with me man! you gotta help me Dear Noobster, i need a time out.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 11:31
    i know dear Noobster, i should have known better, but i could not help it, they are promulgating untruths and masquerading them down the street like its a victory parade! whats with me man! you gotta help me Dear Noobster, i need a time out.
    they are promulgating untruths and masquerading them down the street like its a victory parade!

This is the spirituality forum Rob, this is what happens 90% of the time. Sometimes it's just better to let it go, and come back the next day.

If you increase your gameload by 20 games, you won't have the time to argue. And using that creative energy playing chess is surely more constructive than arguing the tosh with people you don't know from around the world?

Besides you're never going to change their mind!! Am i going to change your mind over evolution? Are you going to make my a theist? Nope. Soemtimes it's fun to debate, sometimes you just have to let it go.

Chess, chess, chess, chess, chess, chess, chess, chess................
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 11:46
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]they are promulgating untruths and masquerading them down the street like its a victory parade!

This is the spirituality forum Rob, this is what happens 90% of the time. Sometimes it's just better to let it go, and come back the next day.

If you increase your gameload by 20 games, you won't have the time to argue. And using that creative en ...[text shortened]... ave to let it go.

Chess, chess, chess, chess, chess, chess, chess, chess................[/b]
    you are correct dear Noobster, its so crystal clear now that you put it in context. I must confess that i was playing chess as well, but i have this habit of blitzing the moves while posting on the forum, just switching quickly between the moves. I started and finished a complete game against a friend during the period. My Nemesis Scriabin, i was doing ok against him, better than i have in the past and because of these distractions and playing too quickly my ship is now sinking! I dunno, how many strokes must we receive before we can learn. Thanks for the great advice dear Nobbster and for taking the time - kind regards Robbie
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 13:36

😳
    Think nothing of it.

I only keep score of my own obnoxiousness.

And besides, I kinda enjoy a spirited debate. I believe we should overlook one another's foibles and remember why we do this.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 13:563 edits
    I know youre not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least you could have engaged your mind, before posting.[/b]
    Hey that's my title!! 😠

How you can continue in such hypocrisy is beyond me. You know full well what TOO is talking about. You need psyciatric help my friend.

BTW: Jesus is Lord!! 😀

Edit: Please don't respond without reading my previous posts first. Thanks!! 😛
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Just because it's in the bible doesn't mean it's true.
    I his defense, he didn't claim it was. I merely claimed that the scriptures (I assume he means the Bible) bear testimony to that effect. Whether we should accept that testimony as accurate is another matter altogether. I suspect that his aim was to make the argument to those that do accept Biblical testimony as fact - but do not believe Jesus was God incarnate.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 18:051 edit
    Jehovah is not a title, it is a proper name and is represented in Hebrew by the four equivalent consonants, JHVH. The title Almighty God, in Hebrew is not el Shaddai as you have erroneously tried to assert, but El Gibbor. Christ is nowhere termed the Almighty, nor did he ever claim to be so. This again is just usual trinitarian dogma, however you ...[text shortened]... e has been no refutation of my text offered on that one simple instance, why not, i do not know.
    Jehovah is not a title, it is a proper name and is represented in Hebrew by the four equivalent consonants, JHVH.

"1530, Tyndale's erroneous transliteration of Heb. Tetragramaton YHWH, using vowel points of Adhonai "my lord" (see Yahweh). Used for YHWH (the full name being too sacred for utterance) in four places in the Old Testament in the K.J.V. where the usual translation lord would have been inconvenient; taken as the principal and personal name of God. The vowel substitution was originally made by the Masoretes as a direction to substitute Adhonai for "the ineffable name." European students of Heb. took this literally, which yielded L. JeHoVa (first attested in writings of Galatinus, 1516). Jehovah's Witnesses "member of Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" first attested 1933; the organization founded c.1879 by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916); the name from Isa. xliii:10." -Online Etymology

Ahh, pesky, persistent academia...
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 20:433 edits
    Jehovah is not a title, it is a proper name and is represented in Hebrew by the four equivalent consonants, JHVH. The title Almighty God, in Hebrew is not el Shaddai as you have erroneously tried to assert, but El Gibbor. Christ is nowhere termed the Almighty, nor did he ever claim to be so. This again is just usual trinitarian dogma, however you ...[text shortened]... e has been no refutation of my text offered on that one simple instance, why not, i do not know.
    Christ is nowhere termed the Almighty, nor did he ever claim to be so. This again is just usual trinitarian dogma, however you wish to put a veneer on it and however you wish to term it. These truths are self evident. Furthermore Jehovah never took the form of a man, in fact, no one has seen God at any time.

Jhn 14:8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."

Jhn 14:9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
    Jhn 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority]; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Jhn 14:11 Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Jo 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
    1Jo 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. They are of the world. Therefore they speak [as] of the world, and the world hears them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
    1Jo 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son [as] Savior of the world.
    1Jo 4:15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

Jhn 11:4 When Jesus heard [that], He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it."

Jhn 20:31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

1Cr 1:9 God [is] faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Jo 5:5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
    1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 🙂

I'm just going to keep responding with Jesus Christ the Son of Gods word. And yes I'm going to keep marching behind Him in His victory parade to heaven robbie. 😛😉😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree