1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 21:43
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Jehovah is not a title, it is a proper name and is represented in Hebrew by the four equivalent consonants, JHVH.

"1530, Tyndale's erroneous transliteration of Heb. Tetragramaton YHWH, using vowel points of Adhonai "my lord" (see Yahweh). Used for YHWH (the full name being too sacred for utterance) in four places in the Old Testament in the K.J.V ...[text shortened]... the name from Isa. xliii:10." -Online Etymology

Ahh, pesky, persistent academia...[/b]
    says and proves nothing.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 21:46
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]Christ is nowhere termed the Almighty, nor did he ever claim to be so. This again is just usual trinitarian dogma, however you wish to put a veneer on it and however you wish to term it. These truths are self evident. Furthermore Jehovah never took the form of a man, in fact, no one has seen God at any time.

Jhn 14:8 Philip said to Him, " ...[text shortened]... s I'm going to keep marching behind Him in His victory parade to heaven robbie. 😛😉😀[/b]
    As i stated, not one reference to Christ either being termed the Almighty nor of claiming to be such and amounts to nothing but error masquerading as truth, dogma posturing as revelation. Id rather live in a paradise earth, if you dont mind.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 22:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As i stated, not one reference to Christ either being termed the Almighty nor of claiming to be such and amounts to nothing but error masquerading as truth, dogma posturing as revelation. Id rather live in a paradise earth, if you dont mind.
    So is Jesus the Son of God Robbie??
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 22:381 edit
    So is Jesus the Son of God Robbie??
    Absolutely.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 22:541 edit
    Absolutely.
    well then ,

[b]2Cr 5:19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.[b]

and many of the other scriptures I posted let you know that God was in Christ fully. Seeing that Christ was born of God and His son.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:002 edits
    and many of the other scriptures I posted let you know that God was in Christ fully. Seeing that Christ was born of God and His son.[/b]
    (2 Corinthians 5:19) namely, that God was by means of Christ reconciling a world to himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses, and he committed the word of the reconciliation to us.

Again no reference to either Christ as the Almighty nor an claim that Christ makes of being the Almighty. The verse is simply stating that by means of the sin atoning sacrifice of Christ, humans , on the basis of faith in that sacrifice, can be reconciled to God.
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:32
    (2 Corinthians 5:19) namely, that God was by means of Christ reconciling a world to himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses, and he committed the word of the reconciliation to us.

Again no reference to either Christ as the Almighty nor an claim that Christ makes of being the Almighty. The verse is simply stating that by means of the sin a ...[text shortened]... sacrifice of Christ, humans , on the basis of faith in that sacrifice, can be reconciled to God.
    "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ... and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). This prophecy of Isaiah was fulfilled when the Son of God was named, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His People from their sins" (Matt. 1:21).

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:391 edit
    "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ... and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). This prophecy of Isaiah was fulfilled when the Son of God was named, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His People fro re is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
    Yes, its quite famous, again, no proof that Christ was, nor claimed to be the Almighty.

You may like to try again. El Shaddai does not mean the Almighty, El Gibbor does, and guess what there is not one instance in the entire Biblical cannon where this is applied to Christ. You may like to try again?
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:581 edit
    Yes, its quite famous, again, no proof that Christ was, nor claimed to be the Almighty.

You may like to try again. El Shaddai does not mean the Almighty, El Gibbor does, and guess what there is not one instance in the entire Biblical cannon where this is applied to Christ. You may like to try again?
    Robbie just because you refuse to accept or read the scripture put right in front of your face it's not my problem.
    And I never said anything about El Shaddai . It may have been in some where were I copy and pasted but I didn't put it there. And you keep referring back to that one name every time a scripture is put right in front of your face that you don't want to believe. Isaiah said His name shall be call The mighty God. Meaning Jesus was God in the flesh. And I don't need to try and prove anything to anybody. God will reveal His truth to whom ever He chooses. And to those who don't want to accept it that's on them in the end. Now I'm done wasting anymore time with you JWs . Good day and God Bless Robbie.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:03

"El Shaddai does not mean the Almighty, El Gibbor does, and guess what there is not one instance in the entire Biblical cannon where this is applied to Christ."

Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

"The mighty God" in this verse is El Gibbor. As you stated above.

"...and guess what there is not one instance in the entire Biblical cannon where this is applied to Christ."

Isaiah 9:6 says, "For unto us a child is born..." Is this not a reference to Christ?

In this same verse that child is referred to as El Gibbor.

The child(Jesus), is El Gibbor(mighty God).

Liberate you eternal soul. Believe God.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:041 edit
    Robbie just because you refuse to accept or read the scripture put right in front of your face it's not my problem.
    And I never said anything about El Shaddai . It may have been in some where were I copy and pasted but I didn't put it there. And you keep referring back to that one name every time a scripture is put right in front of your face that he end. Now I'm done wasting anymore time with you JWs . Good day and God Bless Robbie.
    i read the scripture, what is more i have read it literally hundreds, perhaps thousands of times, and no you are lying, the scripture does not say the almighty, it says mighty, get over it. If Isaiah had intended that it read the Almighty, it would have said the almighty and the Hebrew word would have been El shaddai, not El Gibbor. I thank you for pontificating and condescending to me, it is clear that you are not in the least bit interested in truth, despite your pretensions, as the verse in question and your refusal to acknowledge what it actually does say, is a self evident proof thereof.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:122 edits
    duplicate post
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:132 edits
    yes it does, i simply mixed the two phrases up, the Hebrew for the Almighty is El shaddai, and guess what, there is not one reference where it is applied to Christ, is that better.

Please note that our trinitarian friends would have us believe that Mighty God is Almighty God, nothing but a lie and a fabrication, If Isaiah had intended for it to be the Almighty he would have used, El shaddai, but no, he uses El Gibbor. Get a life Joseph and free yourself from pagan dogma. Still waiting to hear your thoughts on that other lie that was posted, namely Christ being termed Immanuel means that Christ is God. Just one big fat lie after another, you people are shameless.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:192 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:21
    yes it does, i simply mixed the two phrases up, the Hebrew for the Almighty is El shaddai, and guess what, there is not one reference where it is applied to Christ, is that better.

Please note that our trinitarian friends would have us believe that Mighty God is Almighty God, nothing but a lie and a fabrication, If Isaiah had intended for it to b ...[text shortened]... Immanuel means that Christ is God. Just one big fat lie after another, you people are shameless.
    You are really stubborn.

Isaiah 9:6 is a reference to Christ(Messiah).
    Jesus is the Messiah.
    "The mighty God" in that verse is WHO that child is.
    "The might God" in that verse is El Gibbor.
    The Christ(Jesus) is El Gibbor(mighty God).

What is the matter?????

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree