1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:252 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No i am not going to read it again, it was pants the first time and i see no reason to see why it should have changed in the last five minutes. As i have stated elsewhere it is an utterly pointless and futile act discussing anything with you people, you come here with pre conceptions and a condescending attitude, and anyone who dares , through an accurate knowledge of scriptural truth, to contradict what you say, is simply insulted, well i got news for you, i got better things to do with my time, if you dont mind and to show how much i wish to argue by taking my leave of you. Next time you pontificate to others from your throne of righteousness, make sure you know what you are talking about.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    how very Christ like of you to say so, which part of the Christ like personality are you displaying here? love, joy, peace, kindness? goodness, mildness, self control? about as far removed from Christ as you can get i should imagine.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No i am not going to read it again, it was pants the first time and i see no reason to see why it should have changed in the last five minutes. As i have stated elsewhere it is an utterly pointless and futile act discussing anything with you people, you come here with pre conceptions and a condescending attitude, and anyone who dares , through an ac ...[text shortened]... cate to others from your throne of righteousness, make sure you know what you are talking about.
    "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ... and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, THE MIGHTY GOD, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).

As i have stated elsewhere it is an utterly pointless and futile act discussing anything with you JW people, you come here with pre conceptions and a condescending attitude, and anyone who dares , through an accurate knowledge of scriptural truth, to contradict what you say, is simply insulted, well i got news for you, i got better things to do with my time, if you dont mind and to show how much i wish to argue by taking my leave of you. Next time you pontificate to others from your throne of righteousness, make sure you know what you are talking about. Bye Robbie. 😉
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    You are really stubborn.

Isaiah 9:6 is a reference to Christ(Messiah).
    Jesus is the Messiah.
    "The mighty God" in that verse is WHO that child is.
    "The might God" in that verse is [b]El Gibbor.

The Christ(Jesus) is El Gibbor(mighty God).

What is the matter?????[/b]
    what is it about the difference between Almighty God and mighty God that yet evades you?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:331 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ... and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).

As i have stated elsewhere it is an utterly pointless and futile act discussing anything with you JW people, you come here with pre conceptions and a condescending atti ...[text shortened]... m your throne of righteousness, make sure you know what you are talking about. Bye Robbie. 😉
    'Numb skull , Good day dumb A$$,' how very Christ like of you to say so, thanks.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:38
    yes it does, i simply mixed the two phrases up, the Hebrew for the Almighty is El shaddai, and guess what, there is not one reference where it is applied to Christ, is that better.

Please note that our trinitarian friends would have us believe that Mighty God is Almighty God, nothing but a lie and a fabrication, If Isaiah had intended for it to b ...[text shortened]... Immanuel means that Christ is God. Just one big fat lie after another, you people are shameless.
    "Get a life Joseph and free yourself from pagan dogma. Still waiting to hear your thoughts on that other lie that was posted, namely Christ being termed Immanuel means that Christ is God. Just one big fat lie after another, you people are shameless."

READ AND QUOTE THE VERSES. LET THE WORD OF GOD SPEAK FOR ITSELF.

Matt. 1:23

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

THE CHILD IS JESUS.

JESUS IS CHRIST.

HIS NAME IS EMMANUAL.

EMMANUEL MEANS GOD WITH US.

Explain why this is wrong. Go ahead. Please!!!!!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:403 edits
    [b]"Get a life Joseph and free yourself from pagan dogma. Still waiting to hear your thoughts on that other lie that was posted, namely Christ being termed Immanuel means that Christ is God. Just one big fat lie after another, you people are shameless."

READ AND QUOTE THE VERSES. LET THE WORD OF GOD SPEAK FOR ITSELF.

Matt. 1:23

Behold, a virgi ...[text shortened]... AL.

EMMANUEL MEANS GOD WITH US.

Explain why this is wrong. Go ahead. Please!!!!![/b]
    i have already done so and guess what, is says something entirely different from what you are saying, i wonder why?

Matt. 1:23, Revised standard version: “‘Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel’ (which means, God with us [“God is with us,” NE]).”

In announcing Jesus’ coming birth, did Jehovah’s angel say that the child would be God himself? No, the announcement was: “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High.” (Luke 1:32, 35, RS)

And Jesus himself never claimed to be God but, rather, “the Son of God.” (John 10:36, RS) Jesus was sent into the world by God; so by means of this only-begotten Son, God was with mankind.—John 3:17; 17:8.

It was not unusual for Hebrew names to include within them the word for God or even an abbreviated form of God’s personal name. For example, Eliathah means “God Has Come”; Jehu means “Jehovah Is He”; Elijah means “My God Is Jehovah.” But none of these names implied that the possessor was himself God.

Are we to seriously assume that everyone who is termed Emmanuel is God incarnate, nope, piece of trinitarian dogma. are we to assume that since other Bible characters have 'God', in the meaning of their name that they are also God incarnate? No then why are the trinitarians trying to convince us in the case of Christ? Are we to assume that the Bible is wrong when the angel announced that Christ is not God , but the son? why are the trinitarians trying to get us to accept something that the Bible does not say? Must we ignore that Christ himself never claims to be God? why are the trinitarians trying to get us to accept something that not even Christ himself claimed?

who can tell?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:50
    what is it about the difference between Almighty God and mighty God that yet evades you?
    You gotta be kidding?

You're going to invent this objection against the preponderance of evidence I presented at the beginning of this thread?

READ THIS WHOLE VERSE.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

IT'S ABOUT JESUS. IT SAYS WHO JESUS IS.

THERE IS ONE GOD. JESUS IS EMMANUEL, EL GIBBOR.

I'm not going to let you make me go off! 😉 Please robbie, please take a fresh look at this. PLEASE!
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:51
    'Numb skull , Good day dumb A$$,' how very Christ like of you to say so, thanks.
    You're welcome. What goes around comes around usually. Hey that's way nicer than what I would have said a few years ago so I'm getting better. Like you've acted any better. I don't like words being put in my mouth and I'm not a liar.

Hypocrites, Brood of vipers, White washed tombs, wolfs in sheep's clothing, is that better for you Robbie. 🙄
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:531 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    You're welcome. What goes around comes around usually. Hey that's way nicer than what I would have said a few years ago so I'm getting better. Like you've acted any better. I don't like words being put in my mouth and I'm not a liar.

Hypocrites, Brood of vipers, White washed tombs, wolfs in sheep's clothing, is that better for you Robbie. 🙄
    actually i have alerted your post, you are being needlessly inflammatory and abusing the terms of agreement.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:54
    You gotta be kidding?

You're going to invent this objection against the preponderance of evidence I presented at the beginning of this thread?

READ THIS WHOLE VERSE.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting ...[text shortened]... going to let you make me go off! 😉 Please robbie, please take a fresh look at this. PLEASE!
    can you even answer just one of the objections, obviously not, despite your rather sensationalistic claims.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 01:01
    i have already done so and guess what, is says something entirely different from what you are saying, i wonder why?

Matt. 1:23, Revised standard version: “‘Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel’ (which means, God with us [“God is with us,” NE]).”

In announcing Jesus’ coming birth, did Jehovah’s an ...[text shortened]... ns trying to get us to accept something that not even Christ himself claimed?

who can tell?
    "why are the trinitarians trying to get us to accept something that the Bible does not say?"

Trinitarian is a label you have given to us. I'm not a trinitarian. I believe the Bible teaches that God is one God who has revealed Himself as three distinct persons in one.

You and I and every other human being cannot fathom God. We are not capable of understanding anything about God that God Himself hasn't revealed to us.

I have to go now. But I want to apologise before I go for causing you any offense.

I look forward to continuing this debate though. But let's try to keep it cordial so we don't have to get bent out of shape.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 01:05
    [b]"why are the trinitarians trying to get us to accept something that the Bible does not say?"

Trinitarian is a label you have given to us. I'm not a trinitarian. I believe the Bible teaches that God is one God who has revealed Himself as three distinct persons in one.

You and I and every other human being cannot fathom God. We are not capable of ...[text shortened]... debate though. But let's try to keep it cordial so we don't have to get bent out of shape.[/b]
    you have not caused me any offence, dont worry, 'everything is good under da hood', i think they say in America. 🙂
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 01:06
    you have not caused me any offence, dont worry, 'everything is good under da hood', i think they say in America. 🙂
    🙂
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 04:231 edit
    did you even read my post? spoken like a true Paulian, it has every thing to do with the scriptures, i am fed up discussing the trinity, and made my displeasure known. I know youre not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least you could have engaged your mind, before posting.
    Then why post?? 🙂

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree