The Second Law of Thermodynamics

The Second Law of Thermodynamics

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
On the contrary, it is filling me with renewed purpose. I'm just calling a spade a spade.
Childish.

Moves
28 Mar 07
1 edit

I'm resorting to childish insults because you are incapable of understanding science; you believe in god, clearly you are mad. Why should I give you anything more than ridicule?
Childish, Strawman. You have contributed zero science to this thread.

S

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by dj2becker
Childish, Strawman. You have contributed zero science to this thread.
Ha! Pot, kettle, black.

Nobody should listen to anything you say on the subject of science. You have rendered any credibility you may have mute by virtue of being a creationist. I mean seriously, you believe the earth is a few thousand years old, that man was created by a supernatural being and that the views of the vast majority of the scientific community are wrong in virtue of their difference in stance to yours.

Putting aside the insults for a second and asking you a serious question: What possible reason could there be to listen to anything that comes out of your creationist lips when you believe such insanity?

Moves
28 Mar 07
2 edits

Ha! Pot, kettle, black.

Nobody should listen to anything you say on the subject of science. You have rendered any credibility you may have mute by virtue of being a creationist. I mean seriously, you believe the earth is a few thousand years old, that man was created by a supernatural being and that the views of the vast majority of the scientific comm ...[text shortened]... be to listen to anything that comes out of your creationist lips when you believe such insanity?
Ah I see where your bigotty head is getting you. As soon as you hear that someone is a creationist, your nuggety brain switches off, your pupils constrict and you start breathing heavily and start chanting all the cuss words you know, while the saliva dribbles out between your spasm-stuck odious lips...

That is simply childish and you know that.

Now on a serious note:

Why do you think that it is insane to believe that the earth is a few thousand years old and that man was created by God? Do you believe that Science is infallible and has all the answers? Also, don't you realize what a role philosophical presuppositions play in the interpretation of scientific evidence?

S

Moves
28 Mar 07
1 edit

Ah I see where your bigotty head is getting you. As soon as you hear that someone is a creationist, your nuggety brain switches off, your pupils constrict and you start breathing heavily and start chanting all the cuss words you know.

That is simply childish and you know that.

Now on a serious note:

Why do you think that it is insane to believe ze what a role philosophical presuppositions play in the interpretation of scientific evidence?
It's not bigotry, it's plain common sense. To hold such a belief as creationism is to define yourself by certain inescapable parameters thereof. Those parameters are so ridiculously based that to acknowledge you even have a place at the debating table if your mind is thusly constructed, is just simply not on.

Now, stop doing what I've already pointed out about you misdirecting and asking more questions instead of answering them and instead please answer the first question. Why should I listen to anything a creationist says when their very belief presupposes their search for answers and that belief is utterly unsupportable?

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
28 Mar 07

INow, stop doing what I've already pointed out about you misdirecting and asking more questions instead of answering them and instead please answer the first question. Why should I listen to anything a creationist says when their very belief presupposes their search for answers and that belief is utterly unsupportable?
Sceptic. Read christiananswers.net and all truth will be revealed. For example, did you know: "It is now admitted that ... Neandertal is just a variation of the human kind."?
I have no reason to doubt this.

Moves
28 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by buffalobill
Sceptic. Read christiananswers.net and all truth will be revealed. For example, did you know: "It is now admitted that ... Neandertal is just a variation of the human kind."?
I have no reason to doubt this.
You got that all wrong. Neanderthal man was 'constructed' from the bones of a man who had suffered from arthritis.

Moves
28 Mar 07

It's not bigotry, it's plain common sense. To hold such a belief as creationism is to define yourself by certain inescapable parameters thereof. Those parameters are so ridiculously based that to acknowledge you even have a place at the debating table if your mind is thusly constructed, is just simply not on.

Now, stop doing what I've already pointed o ...[text shortened]... ir very belief presupposes their search for answers and that belief is utterly unsupportable?
You say it's common sense. I ask you why it is common sense, you have no answer. Typical. Bigot.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
28 Mar 07

You got that all wrong. Neanderthal man was 'constructed' from the bones of a man who had suffered from arthritis.
Oh dear, do you mean christiananswers.net is wrong? Or are you testing me again?

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by buffalobill
Oh dear, do you mean christiananswers.net is wrong? Or are you testing me again?
Come to think of it a man who suffered from arthritis is probably a variation of human kind. My bad.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
28 Mar 07

Come to think of it a man who suffered from arthritis is probably a variation of human kind. My bad.
I think they're referring to all the Neandertal remains that have been found. By variation could they mean the kind of differences like hair or skin colour?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 Mar 07

Duane T. Gish:

* Creationist

* Biochemist

* Ph.D. in Biochemistry from University of California at Berkeley (1953)

* B.S. in chemistry from U.C.L.A. (1949)

* Research Associate, Research Division, The Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan (1960-1971)

* Assistant Research Associate in Biochemistry, University of Calif ...[text shortened]... titute for Creation Research

* Lecturer and most well-known debater on Creation-Evolution
My bad, I was thinking of someone else, obviously...

Still, you list points out what? That you manages to find 20 - 30 biologists in the world that are creationists? That still represents only a tiny minority of the biologists worldwide.

I could write a list from the top of my head right now of more than 50 non-creationists, biologists who believe in evolution. What would that prove?

S

Moves
28 Mar 07

You say it's common sense. I ask you why it is common sense, you have no answer. Typical. Bigot.
If you can't work out why a natural and scientific explanation of the world is more common sensible than a belief in magic, then you're clearly more idiotic than I previously thought. I've got better things to argue with idiots like you, lets just keep away from each other.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 Mar 07

I could say exactly the same thing about evolutionists,
Go on then. Tell us that evolutionary biologists aren't publishing in reputable journals, if you dare.

Moves
28 Mar 07

If you can't work out why a natural and scientific explanation of the world is more common sensible than a belief in magic, then you're clearly more idiotic than I previously thought. I've got better things to argue with idiots like you, lets just keep away from each other.
When did I ever claim to have a belief in magic?