1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Dec '14 05:391 edit
    The actions of the Taliban faction that murdered those 132 children in Peshawar are so despicable that words of condemnation just feel as if they cannot possibly match the scale and depravity of the atrocity.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30507836

    Do Christians like sonship and Grampy Bobby and others believe that these slaughtered children now face an eternity of torture in burning agony for not believing in Jesus?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    17 Dec '14 07:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    The actions of the Taliban faction that murdered those 132 children in Peshawar are so despicable that words of condemnation just feel as if they cannot possibly match the scale and depravity of the atrocity.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30507836

    Do Christians like sonship and Grampy Bobby and others believe that these slaughtered children now face an eternity of torture in burning agony for not believing in Jesus?
    Really?

    How despicable are you, for using the deaths of these 132 slaughtered children to further your pathetic agenda on a chess website against sonship and GB?

    Take a hard look in the mirror and ask *yourself* the hard questions about your *own* motivations.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Dec '14 07:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Really?

    How despicable are you, for using the deaths of these 132 slaughtered children to further your pathetic agenda on a chess website against sonship and GB?

    Take a hard look in the mirror and ask *yourself* the hard questions about your *own* motivations.
    Well I have condemned the Taliban atrocity, which is more than you have done.

    I am not blaming Christians for the slaughter. And I am not blaming the Christian God figure for allowing the slaughter, or anything of the sort.

    The question is about the Christian 'eternal torture' ideology as propagated by the two regular posters I mentioned as well as others.

    It would be rather odd if a terrorist mass murder carried out by Muslims here on earth rendered Christians too queasy to answer a pretty straight forward question about "salvation" and "damnation".

    Presumably, according to Christians, these Taliban are going to "Hell" for their lack of belief in Jesus. My question is about the 'eternal address', as Grampy Bobby puts it, of the Muslim children that were slaughtered.

    My motivation is my interest in finding out what Christians say and how they behave when the coherence of their beliefs is scrutinized. The way you have reacted, for instance, is interesting.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    17 Dec '14 08:10
    "All children having been born [the moment the Holy Spirit imparts physical life and soul life] who die before reaching the age of accountability [God Consciousness] will be in heaven because one of God's attributes is Justice which means He's fair." Thread 161949 (Page 9)
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Dec '14 08:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "All children having been born [the moment the Holy Spirit imparts physical life and soul life] who die before reaching the age of accountability [God Consciousness] will be in heaven because one of God's attributes is Justice which means He's fair." Thread 161949 (Page 9)
    So if these children had already embraced their families' and communities' religious beliefs, they would, then ~ according to your theology ~ end up at the same 'eternal address' as the Taliban gunmen who murdered them?
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Dec '14 18:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    So if these children had already embraced their families' and communities' religious beliefs, they would, then ~ according to your theology ~ end up at the same 'eternal address' as the Taliban gunmen who murdered them?
    The question is for you FMF.

    Does God punish the innocent?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    17 Dec '14 19:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "All children having been born [the moment the Holy Spirit imparts physical life and soul life] who die before reaching the age of accountability [God Consciousness] will be in heaven because one of God's attributes is Justice which means He's fair." Thread 161949 (Page 9)
    You can make this even more palatable by saying that God also determines whether each of us has reached "the age of accountability [God Consciousness]" that you mention.
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Dec '14 22:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    The question is for you FMF.

    Does God punish the innocent?
    Personally, I don't think anyone knows. The OP is a question about the ideology of those who claim they do know.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    17 Dec '14 22:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "All children having been born [the moment the Holy Spirit imparts physical life and soul life] who die before reaching the age of accountability [God Consciousness] will be in heaven because one of God's attributes is Justice which means He's fair." Thread 161949 (Page 9)
    according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith.

    his question stands, who here believes infidels (children or not) should spend an eternity of agony just for not believing in the right deity (or flavor of deity)
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    17 Dec '14 22:56
    Originally posted by JS357
    You can make this even more palatable by saying that God also determines whether each of us has reached "the age of accountability [God Consciousness]" that you mention.
    Another of God's attributes is His omniscience [which means that He knows all that is knowable perfectly and eternally whether actual or merely possible; every scientific discovery in our times has been known to Him since eternity past].
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    17 Dec '14 22:59
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith.

    his question stands, who here believes infidels (children or not) should spend an eternity of agony just for not believing in the right deity (or flavor of deity)
    "according to some..." in no way negates God's Justice [fairness] toward the angelic creation and toward all human beings.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Dec '14 23:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    All children having been born [the moment the Holy Spirit imparts physical life and soul life] who die before reaching the age of accountability [God Consciousness] will be in heaven because one of God's attributes is Justice which means He's fair.
    So being a Muslim child who dies while not yet conscious of the Christian God figure is a way to receive eternal life as conceived by Christian theology and this can be achieved without going 'through' Jesus or even believing in Him?
  13. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Dec '14 23:051 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Another of God's attributes is His omniscience [which means that He knows all that is knowable perfectly and eternally whether actual or merely possible; every scientific discovery in our times has been known to Him since eternity past].
    How would you connect this assertion of yours to the OP question?
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Dec '14 23:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "according to some..." in no way negates God's Justice [fairness] toward the angelic creation and toward all human beings.
    The words "according to some..." remind the reader that the claims people like you and sonship make about "God's Justice" are interpretations that are not shared by all and, of course, cannot be substantiated or verified.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86356
    18 Dec '14 00:27
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith.

    his question stands, who here believes infidels (children or not) should spend an eternity of agony just for not believing in the right deity (or flavor of deity)
    I'll name a few:

    Sonship
    Grampy bobby
    Whodey
    Joesephw
    RJHinds
Back to Top