1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are another one that doesn't know what in the "hell" you are talking about. 😏
    While you may well have achieved what you wanted by posting this kind of message, you have not answered the question in the OP.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 06:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    While you may well have achieved what you wanted by posting this kind of message, you have not answered the question in the OP.
    That answer has been given several times by others in various ways, which you seem not able to understand. The simple answer is NO. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 06:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That answer has been given several times by others in various ways, which you seem not able to understand. The simple answer is NO.
    But if they do not, in your view, face eternal torture, why is it that you think divegeester deserves eternal torture for also thinking that they do not face eternal torture?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 09:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I was referring to those who believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering; please say if you don't believe it and I will apologise.
    At the bare minimum, I believe that eternal separation from God is qualitatively the exact opposite
    of an eternal relationship with Him in heaven: undesirable vs. desirable to the maximum.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 10:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    At the bare minimum, I believe that eternal separation from God is qualitatively the exact opposite
    of an eternal relationship with Him in heaven: undesirable vs. desirable to the maximum.
    At the bare minimum? So, what do you actually believe the 'eternal suffering' to comprise of if not this "bare minimum" you mention?

How would "separation from God" be a punishment for people who didn't have a relationship with Him anyway on account of being non-believers?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 12:40
    Are you saying you don't believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering?

If so then I will apologise sincerely.
    The reason I believe in it is because the Bible seems to indicate such a place exists. Also, there is the perplexing existence of suffering in the world today, so the question is not if suffering exists, but how long does it last and to what degree?

But to think I'm going to stand in judgment of these children is outrageous. I don't nor will I.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 12:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    But to think I'm going to stand in judgment of these children is outrageous. I don't nor will I.
    No one is asking you to stand in judgement over those children. You're being asked to explain your theology.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 12:50
    The reason I believe in it is because the Bible seems to indicate such a place exists.
    I was prepared to apologise to you if I was wrong - apparently I wasn't wrong. Are you prepared to apologise to me for calling me a liar - when i wasn't?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 13:31
    I was prepared to apologise to you if I was wrong - apparently I wasn't wrong. Are you prepared to apologise to me for calling me a liar - when i wasn't?
    My name was included as those who thought that one must be baptized in the Christian faith in order to be saved. I clearly have never stated that.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 13:40
    My name was included as those who thought that one must be baptized in the Christian faith in order to be saved. I clearly have never stated that.
    You called him a "liar". Did you think he was deliberately trying to deceive people? If so, why? What was it that stopped you from saying something like: I think you are mistaken?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 14:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    You called him a "liar". Did you think he was deliberately trying to deceive people? If so, why? What was it that stopped you from saying something like: I think you are mistaken?
    A lie is an untruth whether it was mistaken or not.

The fact that this is just another flame thread seems to indicate it was no mistake, but I could be wrong.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 16:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    But if they do not, in your view, face eternal torture, why is it that you think divegeester deserves eternal torture for also thinking that they do not face eternal torture?
    You are creating a strawman. I never said that.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 16:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    The actions of the Taliban faction that murdered those 132 children in Peshawar are so despicable that words of condemnation just feel as if they cannot possibly match the scale and depravity of the atrocity.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30507836

Do Christians like sonship and Grampy Bobby and others believe that these slaughtered children now face an eternity of torture in burning agony for not believing in Jesus?
    I have not read the article on these killings. But i will put in my two cents worth.

News media always seek out sensational views and will stir up our feelings to sell its views.

But when we are comprehending the final outcome of a soul, that will be different.

The question should be asked, WHY did the Taliban do it? We have to remember, they don't think like we do. Maybe in thier faith, these children are a threat to thier culture.

I don't like to see any slaughter.

And i don't pesume to be God either. (thank the heavens for that) But what is happening in this thread is, we are judging people based on our cultures view, and predetermining what we think God should do.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 16:45
    Are you saying before God that when you called me a "liar" that you honestly thought I was referring to baptism and not eternal suffering?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 16:46
    A lie is an untruth whether it was mistaken or not.
    so all mistakes are lies are they?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree