1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 21:332 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Everyday here I am astonished at the dishonesty of some of these so called Christian posters. When challenged they just duck out for a while like whodey has here. On page 2 I've called him on his statement asking him to state before his god that he was mistaken - he won't of course. Furthermore he has also stated in this thread that all mistakes are dishonesty. It's most peculiar.
    Unfortunately dishonesty amongst Christians ("so called" or otherwise) seems to be quite prevalent. Seems like there are any number of factors that contribute to this such as:

1) Many Christians have been brought up in a sub-culture which encourages phoniness and the telling of lies (especially in an attempt to spare the feelings of others). As such they not only routinely participate in deception, but also seem to have difficulty in accepting criticism and seem more than ready to be dishonest in their attempts to deflect it.

2) Many Christians believe the Bible to be the inerrant word of God, yet the Bible is littered with much conflicting and contradictory information. As such they become accustomed to performing all manner of irrational contortions in an attempt to reconcile this. I remember a while back (after exchanging quite a few posts) jaywill finally admitted to a specific contradiction, but also added that he still believed that both were true. A more concrete example is how many Christians hypocritically believe that the teachings of Jesus supercede the OT when it comes to being against slavery, but not when it comes to supporting capital punishment or accepting sexual orientations other than heterosexuality.

Well, hopefully you get the idea. It's a problem.

What are your thoughts on the above?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 21:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why don't you just answer his question then?

All you seem to do is talk "around" a subject, you never actually address the topic and commit to your POV.
    Why are you always projecting your own behavior onto others?

Just let FMF answer for himself. Do you think he needs your help?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 21:46
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Unfortunately dishonesty amongst Christians ("so called" or otherwise) seems to be quite prevalent. Seems like there are any number of factors that contribute to this such as:

1) Many Christians have been brought up in a sub-culture which encourages phoniness and the telling of lies (especially in an attempt to spare the feelings of others). As such t ...[text shortened]... nt or denying equal rights for homosexuals.

Well, hopefully you get the idea. It's a problem.
    Hypocritical stench.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 21:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why are you always projecting your own behavior onto others?

Just let FMF answer for himself. Do you think he needs your help?
    Why can't you just answer his question?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 22:031 edit
    Hypocritical stench.
    Agreed, there is a hypocritical as wells as a deceitful stench to many a Christian.

Do you want to theorize as to why this so often seems to be the case?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 23:39
    Why don't you ask whether or not the cold blooded perpetrators should be judged and condemned to eternal torment in the lake of fire?
    Well, presumably ~ according to the 'eternal torture' ideology ~ they are "condemned to eternal torment in the lake of fire", due to being non-believers and maybe too because of their heinous actions. The theological question is - and it's aimed at the 'eternal torture' ideologues and not annihilationist Christians - are the victims of the mass murderers also condemned to eternal torture in the "lake of fire" on account of being non-believers?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 23:41
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Why don't you understand that all this pontificating will not bring back these poor children.
    No one is trying to bring them back. What is under discussion here is where certain Christians believe these non-Christian children (and their parents, for that matter) have gone.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 23:44
    Well, maybe you should try asking questions that don't reveal your obvious bias all the time.
    My question "reveals" the exact strain of theological belief that I am wanting to scrutinize. That specifically what is being examined is "obvious" is, I think, the hallmark of an incisive question rather than "bias", no?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 23:46
    In your OP you are asking whether certain Christians believe the innocent victims of a blood thirsty murderous rampage would be consigned to more suffering by a just God.
    What "afterlife" do you imagine ~ according to your own beliefs ~ do you imagine these non-believers (in Christian terms) are now experiencing after being slaughtered without accepting Christ as their saviour?
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 03:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    I gather that this faction of the Taliban carried out this atrocity as a revenge against the Pakistani military which has been carrying out operations against the Taliban.
    seems to be so.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 07:32
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    C'mon whodey, just admit that you're wrong for having called DG a liar.

Let's look at just what was said.
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith.

[b]his question stands, who here believes infidels (children or not) should spend an eternity of agony just for not believin ...[text shortened]... oesephw
    RJHinds

I know you're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but c'mon.
    He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

(Mark 16:16 KJV)
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 15:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've already stated my beliefs. Jesus died making a way to salvation for us all. [...]

Having said that, God will decide the rest. It serves no purpose in sitting down and judging others, in fact, we are commanded not to do so.
    I've just read you saying the following about George W Bush and Barack Obama on the other forum: "Shrug, I'm not here to defend either because all of them belong in Hades." What exactly is it you claim you are commanded not to do?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree