1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 16:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are creating a strawman. I never said that.
    oh dear - this is not going to go well for you. Would you like to retract that now, while you still can?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 17:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    oh dear - this is not going to go well for you. Would you like to retract that now, while you still can?
    NO. He said "torture" not "torment" or punishment. 😏
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 23:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    A lie is an untruth whether it was mistaken or not.
    A lie is to speak an untruth with an intent to deceive.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 23:50
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    The question should be asked, WHY did the Taliban do it?
    I gather that this faction of the Taliban carried out this atrocity as a revenge against the Pakistani military which has been carrying out operations against the Taliban.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 23:51
    The fact that this is just another flame thread seems to indicate it was no mistake, but I could be wrong.
    But the only 'flaming' that's gone on on this thread has been you calling someone a "liar".
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 05:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    I gather that this faction of the Taliban carried out this atrocity as a revenge against the Pakistani military which has been carrying out operations against the Taliban.
    There are many cultures in the world that are very foreign to our thinking. In the old Jewish customs of eye for an eye, is it any less an atrocity when we see it happen in todays world.

What of those strategic responses done by American Presidents. Are these more accepted because they are done with a proportionate response?

Is any loss of life acceptable?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 12:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Personally, I don't think anyone knows.
    Then why worry about it? If you don't think anyone knows why are you asking?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 12:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    Then why worry about it? If you don't think anyone knows why are you asking?
    Because this a forum on which people discuss spirituality, religion, theology and the like.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 13:394 edits
    My name was included as those who thought that one must be baptized in the Christian faith in order to be saved. I clearly have never stated that.
    C'mon whodey, just admit that you're wrong for having called DG a liar.

Let's look at just what was said.
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith.

his question stands, who here believes infidels (children or not) should spend an eternity of agony just for not believing in the right deity (or flavor of deity)

Clearly DG was answering the open question that Z referenced in bold above with the following and was not attempting to list "those who thought that one must be baptized in the Christian faith in order to be saved":
    I'll name a few:

Sonship
    Grampy bobby
    Whodey
    Joesephw
    RJHinds

I know you're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but c'mon.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    C'mon whodey, just admit that you're wrong for having called DG a liar.

Let's look at just what was said.
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith.

[b]his question stands, who here believes infidels (children or not) should spend an eternity of agony just for not believin ...[text shortened]... oesephw
    RJHinds

I know you're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but c'mon.
    Everyday here I am astonished at the dishonesty of some of these so called Christian posters. When challenged they just duck out for a while like whodey has here. On page 2 I've called him on his statement asking him to state before his god that he was mistaken - he won't of course. Furthermore he has also stated in this thread that all mistakes are dishonesty. It's most peculiar.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 14:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because this a forum on which people discuss spirituality, religion, theology and the like.
    Even when they don't know what they're asking or what they're talking about!?

🙄
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 15:161 edit
    Even when they don't know what they're asking or what they're talking about!?

🙄
    Not at all. I'm interested in what people profess to believe and how they conduct themselves as they propagate it. Most people have a pretty clear idea of what they believe. Maybe you should engage them a bit more instead of trying to make quips and see for yourself.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 17:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not at all. I'm interested in what people profess to believe and how they conduct themselves as they propagate it. Most people have a pretty clear idea of what they believe. Maybe you should engage them a bit more instead of trying to make quips and see for yourself.
    Well, maybe you should try asking questions that don't reveal your obvious bias all the time.

In your OP you are asking whether certain Christians believe the innocent victims of a blood thirsty murderous rampage would be consigned to more suffering by a just God.

Why don't you ask whether or not the cold blooded perpetrators should be judged and condemned to eternal torment in the lake of fire?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 17:221 edit
    In your OP you are asking whether certain Christians believe the innocent victims of a blood thirsty murderous rampage would be consigned to more suffering by a just God?
    Why don't you just answer his question then?

All you seem to do is talk "around" a subject, you never actually address the topic and commit to your POV.
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 20:39
    Why don't you just answer his question then?

All you seem to do is talk "around" a subject, you never actually address the topic and commit to your POV.
    Why don't you understand that all this pontificating will not bring back these poor children.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree